advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stefi Cohen Deadlifts 4.4x her body weight. Absolute beast!

While i find those lifts impressive, i don't call it a deadlift if straps are used. Guess i started lifting to long ago.
Strong man use straps but don't use sumo which is more important imo, I know this is old thread but sumo stance slightly wider than should width with a hip hinge was what it was mess to be imho and not the balet that exists now. The lumbar isn't even being used and the that's not standing when your in full split and totally vertical. She however is impressive to me. Also a heavy deadlift with straps isn't that bad, why should grip being the limiting factor when the body is capable of more. Hitching in strong man I'm not a fan of

It was an exhibition, not a competition, so the aim was to offer the maximum spectacularity no matter what.

I don't like sumo, I hate it, I don't understand why it was introduced into the sport, damn the inventor.

Although she doesn't do extreme leg-spreading, I've seen lifters whose feet are about to be crushed by the discs.

She is a beast! I've followed her for a few years and she has definitely had changes appearance wise. I've always wondered if it was gear related, surgery, or a combination of both.....I lean towards the latter. Too bad she turned down Onlyfans lol

While i find those lifts impressive, i don't call it a deadlift if straps are used. Guess i started lifting to long ago.
So nothing in the sport of Strongman counts to you? Eddie Hall, Thor, the various guys doing high reps 6-10 in the 800s-900s?

Strong man use straps but don't use sumo which is more important imo, I know this is old thread but sumo stance slightly wider than should width with a hip hinge was what it was mess to be imho and not the balet that exists now. The lumbar isn't even being used and the that's not standing when your in full split and totally vertical. She however is impressive to me. Also a heavy deadlift with straps isn't that bad, why should grip being the limiting factor when the body is capable of more. Hitching in strong man I'm not a fan of
We all have our own opinion. Being impressive is one thing. Me saying it is a legal deadlift is another.
So nothing in the sport of Strongman counts to you? Eddie Hall, Thor, the various guys doing high reps 6-10 in the 800s-900s?
It counts as being strong. But i don't put guys on the same level if they use straps or not. And do not count the records as the same. I used to judge at USA Powerlifting meets on occasion years ago. And i go by the strict rules used in the sport where such lifts first started being used in competition. The competitions that allow backs to be arched and butts way off the bench in the benchpress to the point that the bar barely needs to be lowered count a a red light for me. Others can call it however they want it.

It is impressive. But that’s not a real conventional deadlift. Anyone that has done their fair share of powerlifting knows sumo is super fucking easy compared to conventional as there’s not much to pull. I’m not a fan of sumo. Or the girls or guys that bench press with their back and ass in the air and only move the bar a few inches. Might as well wear a bench shirt. Shit looks retarded. And has little to do with strength compared to a real full range lift.

When people say how much do you lift. They aren’t asking you how much can you half a lift lol
I wish it was half lift i saw a powerlifting video where the guy was benching he didnt even bend his elbow lol

Strongman use straps, but they are not doing sumo.
Very true. And they are not doing a legal completion power lift either. They are doing a strong man lift. I've pulled reps with 7 plates but i don't claim i can deadlift that much as i was using straps. I generally used straps when i go to 5 plates as my small little girl hands barely went all the way around the bar which makes getting a good grip tough. Guys with long fingers can get better grip as they can lock their thumb over their fingers.

It is impressive. But that’s not a real conventional deadlift. Anyone that has done their fair share of powerlifting knows sumo is super fucking easy compared to conventional as there’s not much to pull. I’m not a fan of sumo. Or the girls or guys that bench press with their back and ass in the air and only move the bar a few inches. Might as well wear a bench shirt. Shit looks retarded. And has little to do with strength compared to a real full range lift.
Ha cool. I was thinking this exact same thing but didn't want to say anything.

We all have our own opinion. Being impressive is one thing. Me saying it is a legal deadlift is another.

It counts as being strong. But i don't put guys on the same level if they use straps or not. And do not count the records as the same. I used to judge at USA Powerlifting meets on occasion years ago. And i go by the strict rules used in the sport where such lifts first started being used in competition. The competitions that allow backs to be arched and butts way off the bench in the benchpress to the point that the bar barely needs to be lowered count a a red light for me. Others can call it however they want it.
Makes sense, I’ve heard that argument before. To me a deadlift is an exercise and a movement pattern with weight, which happens to be in multiple sports with slightly different rules (powerlifting, strongman, CrossFit, etc). I get some people stick to a strict powerlifting interpretation of this exercise, but to me Strongman is the kind of deadlifts

I’d personally argue that a conventional deadlift done with straps is more of a real deadlift than any Sumo deadlift done in powerlifting
I’ve argued with a famous 165lb powerlifter, about this numerous times. He would hate on the strongman guys in the gym deadlifting with straps, but he would put on a multiply suit and spread his legs as wide as possible to Deadlift less than them. To him, it was about the “grip” even though when challenged with farmers carries his grip wasn’t even comparable to theirs. I always thought it was silly 🤷‍♂️

Makes sense, I’ve heard that argument before. To me a deadlift is an exercise and a movement pattern with weight, which happens to be in multiple sports with slightly different rules (powerlifting, strongman, CrossFit, etc). I get some people stick to a strict powerlifting interpretation of this exercise, but to me Strongman is the kind of deadlifts

I’d personally argue that a conventional deadlift done with straps is more of a real deadlift than any Sumo deadlift done in powerlifting
I’ve argued with a famous 165lb powerlifter, about this numerous times. He would hate on the strongman guys in the gym deadlifting with straps, but he would put on a multiply suit and spread his legs as wide as possible to Deadlift less than them. To him, it was about the “grip” even though when challenged with farmers carries his grip wasn’t even comparable to theirs. I always thought it was silly 🤷‍♂️
i understand. People tend to make arguments for what they believe. I am just like others. I can state how guys that play arena football score more points so they are the better football players than those in the NFL. And they all should just be called football players. And we just look at the stats and not what has been traditionally done. All comes down to ones perspective it seems.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131