advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Strecthing the muscle.. to Modify it? (? answered publicly)

Dave_19

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Strecthing the muscle.. to Modify it?

I got this question from a client and although I don't have an exact answer as of most of us don't, I do have an opinion which I decided to share since the topic always seems to come up in some form or another.

Here's the ? I was asked:
"I've heard that there is an extreme stretching technique where you cause
your lat to "pop out" permanently and gain inches to your lat spread..
Have you heard of this technique?"

Well first no, not specifically for last. But 2nd of course for the muscle! Let’s get into the the most proven example in the sport of bodybuilding first. Syntherol, or spot injecting. The simple fact is, if you stretch the Fascia of the muscle, and you have an eye like an artist you can really enhance the look of your body by focusing stretching on this area. DC also has utilized stretching of the muscle during and PWO as a very effective growing technique, which over time has proven it self.

But would static or dynamic stretches still have the same effect? Well to the same extent, probably not, but same effect YES I say to a slighter degree. Let me show you an example completely unrelated to our sport:
https://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thegiraffewomenofthenec.jpg

We can use other example throughout history of modifying the body as well. From the waist, hips, to feet in other cultures.

So the question is can this be done with a bodybuilder looking to enhance their physique.. I say yes.. What exactly should be done, I will not even get into this. In my opinion depending on the individual, genetics, resources, muscle group, protocol will always change, but the point is you do have a degree of control. Please don't confuse this with modifying the shape of a genetically determined muscle. But yes we do have more control then we might think.

Last edited:
Just a heads up.

The person asking the question was most likely refering to scapula popping, which is something DC has done and helped others with. However i have not been able to find any info on the boards, and he will no longer discuss it due to feeling responsible if some one was to hurt them selves.

It has to due with physically popping the scapula a certain way so the change is permenant, it is painful from what i have found posted about it.

Here is the link to the shoulder girdle manipulation thread over on IM
**broken link removed**

Dante still doesen't explain it, however there are some other ideas and illistrations that some may find helpful.

Last edited:
"popping" is a bad word i used to describe it.....its not really "popping"...I couldnt think of anything else at that time to describe it due to brain fog (i seem to do that alot huh? I did that with my version of rest pause too...oh well)

I have seen where ive talked about superheavyweight bodybuilders and 400 to 550 grams of protein a day and then the next thing I find out is 30 guys on bodybuilding.com who are 150 to 175 pounds are taking in 500 grams of protein.

Ive seen where ive talked about extreme stretching and I think in a post 10 years ago i reported how i did them---i was using 90 pound dumbells in the chest stretch (everyone seemed to read that part but not the part on how to do them correctly which was just drop the elbows and keep chest/sternum high...and do not do a straight arm fly at all!!!) Yet there were the guys 190 pounds trying to do the chest stretch with 90 pound dumbells and trying to do a damn Arnold version fly with them and hurting themselves.

So I have noticed people take what they want from what i write even when Im adamant its for a certain person in a certain situation.

If I tell people how to do this on a message board, its not if it will happen, IT WILL HAPPEN........someone out there will do it dangerously or not how i describe to do it and injure themselves.....that will not be on my conscience.

Hell it takes me 15-20 minutes to show someone in person how to do it so he can accomplish it, nevermind a message board. Please if you meet me in person, dont say "Hi Dante Im Bigguns from Pro Muscle, can you take 20 mins and show me how to do the lat manipulation thing you were talking about"

I did write about it in some detail back in the day in the 90's but lets leave that stone covered up. And yes like Dave 19 said, I strongly believe you can manipulate pliable tissue and areas of your body before a certain age.

We had a "Pro muscle advanced bodybuilder meeting" last thursday and the 37 members of that group who already know about this info told me "Dante there has to be some pecking order in bodybuilding, lets not let all these guys know about the various secrets....we Pro Muscle elite members are big, all those other guys are small, lets keep things in order and keep it that way"

Sorry they laid down the law...

Well all i can say is......

Dante, thank you tremendously for not elaborating(cough, sarsasm, cough). :D I was not trying to open a can of worms, i have tryed to get you to elaborate in the past as many others have. You never will though. I'm almost to being past the age to try it though.

I just wanted to put out there that there are ways to do it. You just have to figure it out yourself, or know Dante.

Well

Dante, thank you tremendously for not elaborating(cough, sarsasm, cough). :D I was not trying to open a can of worms, i have tryed to get you to elaborate in the past as many others have. You never will though. I'm almost to being past the age to try it though.

I just wanted to put out there that there are ways to do it. You just have to figure it out yourself, or know Dante.

I could tell you but it will cost you a gallon of his Dantes new coconut flavor /new formula LBAs he is coming out with soon....Im just sayin.....

Please if you meet me in person, dont say "Hi Dante Im Bigguns from Pro Muscle, can you take 20 mins and show me how to do the lat manipulation thing you were talking about"

I did that and the motherfu... stole my pocket while i was doing stupid movements that he made me do that i thought were the secret to scapula "pop"... LOL

Don't worry im not on the west coast so you won't be seeing bigguns.. The topic was fascinating and i was just digging for more info.. That's what a discussion board is for?? Correct.. For information.. I have the Dan Duccaine newsletter articles that tells you exactly how to make GHB... That doesn't mean i have 50 gallons of the stuff sitting in my basement.. But im sure during the 90's and early 2000's there were plenty of guys brewing this stuff like coffee.. And i respect anybodys opinion to keep their information private.. I'm not PM'ing every moderator and buddy on every bodybuilding forum for info.. I just asked here cause i frequent this site more often and there is alot of intelligent info here..

Honestly bigguns i wasnt thinking of you when i was typing....i just used the random screen name "bigguns" because it was the first thing that came to mind for a screen name...I almost used "Bigarms"

I could tell you but it will cost you a gallon of his Dantes new coconut flavor /new formula LBAs he is coming out with soon....Im just sayin.....

Ill buy it, hell learn the technique and get the LBA too, double win!

I thought this was pretty cool when I saw the other thread
about this earlier this week.The other thread had a link to
the DC site and someone there mentioned to do a google
search on maxalding.
I googled it and didn't find out how to do the scapula
move ( I'm probably too old anyway) but there are some you
tube videos showing these old school guys moving there scapulae
around in circles and I think improving your range of motion
could benefit your lat width.

My shoulders are not simetrical and i always thought that extreme stretching could do something to solve it. I tried to do this "scapula poping" stuff using some different stretches that i felt stretched the living shit out of my scapula and latsfrom different angles... did i achieve it? no (although i thought i did it a couple times due to poping shoulders, one time i even felt like a towel breaking in my scapula, but it was not a sharp pain as dante descrived it). Did it help to lat and shoulder width? definetly, stretching hard has "something" that realy helps you developing your muscles to their full potential

I have to agree.. Stretching is highly underrated.. I've seen good improvements with stretching techniques.. I think its a great tool to help yourself grow beyond its genetic potential..

"popping" is a bad word i used to describe it.....its not really "popping"...I couldnt think of anything else at that time to describe it due to brain fog (i seem to do that alot huh? I did that with my version of rest pause too...oh well)

I have seen where ive talked about superheavyweight bodybuilders and 400 to 550 grams of protein a day and then the next thing I find out is 30 guys on bodybuilding.com who are 150 to 175 pounds are taking in 500 grams of protein.

Ive seen where ive talked about extreme stretching and I think in a post 10 years ago i reported how i did them---i was using 90 pound dumbells in the chest stretch (everyone seemed to read that part but not the part on how to do them correctly which was just drop the elbows and keep chest/sternum high...and do not do a straight arm fly at all!!!) Yet there were the guys 190 pounds trying to do the chest stretch with 90 pound dumbells and trying to do a damn Arnold version fly with them and hurting themselves.

So I have noticed people take what they want from what i write even when Im adamant its for a certain person in a certain situation.

If I tell people how to do this on a message board, its not if it will happen, IT WILL HAPPEN........someone out there will do it dangerously or not how i describe to do it and injure themselves.....that will not be on my conscience.

Hell it takes me 15-20 minutes to show someone in person how to do it so he can accomplish it, nevermind a message board. Please if you meet me in person, dont say "Hi Dante Im Bigguns from Pro Muscle, can you take 20 mins and show me how to do the lat manipulation thing you were talking about"

I did write about it in some detail back in the day in the 90's but lets leave that stone covered up. And yes like Dave 19 said, I strongly believe you can manipulate pliable tissue and areas of your body before a certain age.

We had a "Pro muscle advanced bodybuilder meeting" last thursday and the 37 members of that group who already know about this info told me "Dante there has to be some pecking order in bodybuilding, lets not let all these guys know about the various secrets....we Pro Muscle elite members are big, all those other guys are small, lets keep things in order and keep it that way"

WELL...since the 37 so called Pro Muscle advanced BBers laid down the law so to speak on giving out "secrets" i guess it`s time for me to chime in.To gain width Dante used to use chin straps and hang from a chin bar with a very wide grip for 2-3 minutes with a 100 lb DB. strapped to him.He would then extreme stretch by pulling on stationary equipment with his back rounded.

what a sad day

WELL...since the 37 so called Pro Muscle advanced BBers laid down the law so to speak on giving out "secrets" i guess it`s time for me to chime in.To gain width Dante used to use chin straps and hang from a chin bar with a very wide grip for 2-3 minutes with a 100 lb DB. strapped to him.He would then extreme stretch by pulling on stationary equipment with his back rounded.

If this is true I think these 37 clowns should take alllllllllll that getbig stuff to a new 37mucleclowns forum! I think we can agree that I at least take this seriously and try as hard as I can. The vary idea that there is a group of dudes holding back in an information forum is insulting. WHO NEEDS THEM?

Well..............

This isn't the tecnique know as scapula "popping". This is the extreme stretch for back width that is publicly posted and discussed on many forums, part of "DC" training. The back with stretch is used on the "B" days of the workout immediatly following your back width exercise. The doorknob stretch is an alternetive for those who don't feel the hanging stretch in there lats. Or the 2can be combined.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your "secret" insight you have. Go read a book.

Any other "public" secrets you would like to share. Since the other 37 of us are oblivious?

Man I wish i was big enough to learn the secrets...

Man I wish i was big enough to learn the secrets...

What are you talking about? You held the meeting at your house....you are the vice president and treasurer and won the big pot at poker night 3 weeks ago!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear