over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stress Management

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How do you do it?

I go to an atmosphere that I feel the most comfortable in and enjoy being in- THE GYM

I will also lay down and read a book.

Getting on PM and reading and talking to all individuals on here is a stress relief.

How do you deal with stress, Shelby?

1- The gym, and that would be obvious for most of us.

2- Sometimes I can't manage. I've had 3 stomach issues from stress, possible ulcers. Clonazepam when I get stressed and protonix when I can't eat.

I'm not into alternative. Give me drugs doc.

-I do my best to avoid confrontation and stressful situations.
-The gym is the place I go most to work the stress out.
-A little bit of marijuana here and there does the trick better than just about anything else.

what time is it? 4:20.... well not really but i used to

rest when I can, going to the beach at night is great too! if your able too

workingout, going to spiritual services

I don't....I always feel stressed out due to job/life etc. I guess the gym helps some but hell, I sometimes find myself getting frustrated there. I have no idea how my cortisol levels aren't through the roof :eek:

It's weird bc I never use to feel this way. It wasn't until after college that I found myself consistently feeling like this.

having children helped me.........I am so worried about them that I cant stress out on myself.

So true.....I have had MANY people tell me that after I had my son I completely changed. Basically I realized most of the things that use to bug me/stress me out are completely irrelevant. Time with my son is something that is priceless to me....worrying about money, if the yard needs mowed, the cars are dirty, etc just isn't worth it.

The gym is my spiritual haven also.

I do somthing that I can focus hard on , training , shooting , reloading

or

just tickeling the shit out of my kids , thats my favorite

1. Lift - high stress = some of my all time best workouts

2. Laugh - I've found that laughing about the things that irk me makes life easier

3. Love - focus on my girl and her needs...when mamma's happy everybody's happy;)

smoke a cigar, watch a movie. anything that avoids the news of what our president and congress is doing

I like to listen to NPR. It's relaxing and keeps you in tune with what is going on around you. Not to mention they have great guests on most of the shows.

Listening to Jazz. Ever since I had to take an upper level elective in college, and jazz in america was available, I've grown to really like it. Charlie Parker, Monk, Coltrane, old Herrbie Hancock...it's all good and mellows me out. I try to read and or study at the same time.

Shooting helps too. Going to the range is a great stress relief believe it or not. Anyone who is an avid shooter will tell you this. I have not been in about two months and I miss it.

Last but not least, and as simple as this sounds, going on walks with my girlfriend. I've been blessed to live right beside a mountain range and there is a walking path thats a couple of miles in length. I've made the trek a couple of times now and something about getting outside and getting some sun is very calming. It's a good workout too because we walk at a fairly brisk pace. Jeeez I sound like my dad. I guess I'm getting old but who cares. As times change so do my views on what's important.

I like to listen to NPR. It's relaxing and keeps you in tune with what is going on around you. Not to mention they have great guests on most of the shows.

Listening to Jazz. Ever since I had to take an upper level elective in college, and jazz in america was available, I've grown to really like it. Charlie Parker, Monk, Coltrane, old Herrbie Hancock...it's all good and mellows me out. I try to read and or study at the same time.

Shooting helps too. Going to the range is a great stress relief believe it or not. Anyone who is an avid shooter will tell you this. I have not been in about two months and I miss it.

Last but not least, and as simple as this sounds, going on walks with my girlfriend. I've been blessed to live right beside a mountain range and there is a walking path thats a couple of miles in length. I've made the trek a couple of times now and something about getting outside and getting some sun is very calming. It's a good workout too because we walk at a fairly brisk pace. Jeeez I sound like my dad. I guess I'm getting old but who cares. As times change so do my views on what's important.

I've been a big jazz fan since I was 15. Check out Lee Morgan if you haven't already.

if you like jazz check out Martin Medeski and Wood...unbelievable...they are sort of fusion jazz I guess youcould call it.

They also played with coltrane a bit.

As a full-time student who juggles studying, class, homework, a part-time job, some semblance of a social life, and a girlfriend (this is where it gets tough! :p ), I have to constantly find ways to relieve stress. It depends on the day, my mood, and what I'm studying... but two things that always work are laughing with friends/the girlfriend OR listening to music. And like others have said, Jazz is something I listen to pretty regularly (somebody mentioned Medeski Martin and Wood... great stuff. Also Coltrane, Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea...).

I take it one step further and I play in a Jazz Quartet (I play drums, there is a pianist, guitarist, and vocallist) as often as I can - big time stress reliever! We do alot of improv instrumental stuff that is alot of fun, and play some classic standards. It doesn't hurt that I get paid to do it, too :) .

Stress is a constant battle in my life, but I've found that simplifying things, taking it in "chunks", and doing things like I mentioned above when I can tends to really help keep me sane.

Jazz is something I listen to pretty regularly (somebody mentioned Medeski Martin and Wood... great stuff. Also Coltrane, Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea...).

NPR has a great jazz show on at night. They play such a wide variety of stuff from newer fusion to older, live recordings. I used to play drums and sold my set when I moved out west. When I buy a house, a drum set is going in for sure. At one point I considered buying a Rolland V, but damn that thing is costly. It's the closest thing to a real set and the sound is incredible. Honestly though, you can buy a DW or signature Gretch set that will cost about as much. Ah man, going to any place that has a good selection of drums will get me stuck there for about an hour at least.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131