over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Studying, and Focus

it's not working for you anymore because, like any drug, you've built up a tolerance...

Best things I've found for studying (I got a 4.0 last sem RX free)

Quiet place (library is great for this)
No computer if possible
5-10mins break every hour
caffeine if needed
studying every single day and not at the last minute
paying attention in class and taking notes, it makes memory recall so much easier
constantly testing yourself on the material, even older material, so that you know what you need to work on (and the testing will improve your memory of
the material as well). Lots of study tests online now for various classes /
things...

I know this probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but it's what worked for me.

This is by far the best answer yet. I have been diagnosed with ADHD my whole life. Didn't take any meds until I went to college where they gave me adderall. In my personal opinion ADHD is almost a made up disease. I took them for a week and then tossed them. My cure wasn't medicine like everyone thinks you must have, even for a small hang nail. I found a quiet place to study and stayed ahead of my syllabus, it keeps the anxiety down and all the pressure, which is probably your real problem. I refused medicine all through the first 12 grades and graduated with a 4.0 and was valedictorian of my class, back in 1993. I then went to med school and did just fine WITHOUT any drugs from Dr.'s just trying to make money. We are all different, but I promise if you take the time, find your place that makes you comfortable, and READ your material and absorb it, you will do just fine. Stay away from the psych drugs until you get out of school or you will struggle, I promise.
Good luck my friend.

Last edited:
I have been diagnosed with ADD, and I also think that it being labeled a disease is a bit much. It's more like a personality trait, which I think is the case with most mental 'disease'. There are of course extreme cases of mental illness, like true schizophrenia, but I feel that most of these new conditions are just a way of labeling one's personality.
I suppose some people have ADD so bad that it is actually disabling, so in their case I can understand the need to be medicated. I think it is over diagnosed though, especially in kids. Kids naturally don't pay attention, and I think adults have to force themselves to focus because we would rather do other things that interest us.
One way to look at studying/getting a degree is that it is a challenge, and that is why not everyone does it. If it were easy, it wouldn't be worth doing.

I don't take the meds because I feel they are somewhat unhealthy long term, and I also build a tolerance almost instantly.
I absolutely love how focused I get the few times I have taken the meds, but it doesn't last long and I have to make best of it without the drugs.
I learned in psychology class that if you study on drugs, you are more than likely going to need to be on drugs to recall the information. For example, if you study on adderall, you better take your exams on adderall too.

Bieberhole69 gave some very solid advice.
I have also used the supplements that Androh recommended and found them to be helpful.

L-theanine is another good addition, it is an amino that is calming and helps you focus.

Some good tips in here. Me personally I notice that I study so much better when I take a energy drink. Its mainly the caffeine that helps me a lot. I don't know why but when I read on caffeine it seems like I read so much faster. Is anyone else like this as well?

Stay away from the psych drugs until you get out of school or you will struggle, I promise.
Good luck my friend.

I agree, stay away from steroids too until you won't ever go to the gym anymore. And compete without them, you honestly will have a physique that will win more shows even though you will be competing against a large percentage of contestants that are using them.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner