over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sunday Cooking....

SmallTownIron

Banned
Kilo Klub Member
I know I am not the only one in here who devotes one day a week to cookin and prepping for the week. I wanted to see what you all were cooking to day

I am cooking:

15 lbs of chicken breast
10 lbs of 93/7 ground beef

This is the only stuff I cook once a week but takes a while to cookin on the George Foreman.

Never

I know I am not the only one in here who devotes one day a week to cookin and prepping for the week. I wanted to see what you all were cooking to day

I am cooking:

15 lbs of chicken breast

This is the only stuff I cook once a week but takes a while to cookin on the George Foreman.

I would never do that.........plus then I would have to eat 15 pounds of chicken and 10 pounds of meat that week. Ever hear of LBAs? Whey powder?

You cook all of that on the foreman grill?????? :eek::confused:

I boil like 12 chicken breasts in less than 40 minutes, leave them in the pot over night..then the next day ill let them simmer for 20 minutes, they turn out real tender.

The one thing I like to cook fresh is fish

I would never do that.........plus then I would have to eat 15 pounds of chicken and 10 pounds of meat that week. Ever hear of LBAs? Whey powder?

I cook it then place them in containers and freeze. It has been working fine for me.

I figured if someone were to make a smart comment, it would be you..lol.Yes, I have heard of whey and LBA. However, I don't believe that prep. is needed for whey, which is why I didnt not list it. Also, I have never tried LBA's, I have heard some great things about them and also some not so great things.

Are you trying to get around that they benefits that whey and LBA offer is just of superior as whole food? I also work 10-12 hours day, 6 days a week, so it is easier for me to cook all on one day.

18 meals prepped this afternoon. Ingredients included

12lbs 93% Lean Ground Beef

6.75 C Whole Wheat Pasta

4.5 C Brown Rice

Diced tomatoes
Black Beans
Red Beans
Various Seasonings

we do same type of thing. but for 2 people. and it ends up being twice a week. turkey, beef, chicken, and fish. veggies and carbs c ooked daily or every other day. we mostly bbq. But im sick of dry ass chicken breasts. i remember massive saying something about a meet grinder. going to look into that. All of the ground chicken i have found has a bunch of fat.

we do same type of thing. but for 2 people. and it ends up being twice a week. turkey, beef, chicken, and fish. veggies and carbs c ooked daily or every other day. we mostly bbq. But im sick of dry ass chicken breasts. i remember massive saying something about a meet grinder. going to look into that. All of the ground chicken i have found has a bunch of fat.

Yeah very true about the ground chicken. If you want lean ground chicken..you have to do it yourself. The supermarkets i go to, just dont make lean ground chicken. :(

for some reason i hate prepping my food prior to my meal times. if I am busy I will just have lba's until I can make a meal.

I hear you, it gets old for sure. I prep meals for about every 3 days. Boil my chicken, bbq steak and rice cooker for rice.

Well I guess since it is just me, it is easier to do. Like I would be doing something else..lol

I usually cook about 10lbs of chicken, 5lbs of beef, and 5lbs of red potatoes twice a week.

I have been thinking of cooking for at least a few days worth. I am with you i prefer whole foods over powders anyday of the week.:D

I usually cook about 10lbs of chicken, 5lbs of beef, and 5lbs of red potatoes twice a week.

Nate, it is good to see you posting. Dont see you around too much. Whats up with that? Your holding out on all of us.

Oh

I cook it then place them in containers and freeze. It has been working fine for me.

I figured if someone were to make a smart comment, it would be you..lol.Yes, I have heard of whey and LBA. However, I don't believe that prep. is needed for whey, which is why I didnt not list it. Also, I have never tried LBA's, I have heard some great things about them and also some not so great things.

Are you trying to get around that they benefits that whey and LBA offer is just of superior as whole food? I also work 10-12 hours day, 6 days a week, so it is easier for me to cook all on one day.

I am not getting around it, I am saying it. I mean, you need healthy fats and good carb sources.......

I am cooking:

15 lbs of chicken breast

I would think that using a George Forman defeats the purpose of cooking food for the week...you end up spending more hours cooking in 1 night then you would if you spread it out over 7 nights.

PHIL HERNON said:

answer to Phil's quote:

SmallTownIron said:

So you are not eating 15LBS of Chicken and 10LBS of meat in 1 week?

Yes but I don't like keeping it in the fridge. I simple take out what I is going to need for the next day. Just a routine I got into.

I am cooking:

15 lbs of chicken breast

I would'nt cook in bulk mate. Seems like you cooking for 200 people. Waste of time honestly. Cooking way too much in advance is not good for the meat, goes bland, taste like shit, quality is terrible after few days in the fridge. I would'nt freeze cooked food.

What I normally do is I prep my meals daily. Because it's alot fresher.
After my gym, I have breakfast so that's meal 1. I work out how many meals I need while I go to work and when I finish to come home etc, so I need to prep 2-3 meals. Those 3 meals takes me at least 10 mins to make.
I weigh my meals up on my scales and divide them into 3 meals etc. Depends how many hours you work in a day. I finished work in the evening so I have my 2nd last meal or last meal of the evening. That's 5 small meals a day.

Instead of eating the same old shit all the time like Chicken Breast and Mince shit, why not Fish? Turkey? Lean Beef Steak etc. Eating the same thing all the time is not really good for you and can lead to allergy problems.
Boil your turkey, Chicken, fish in poached style and it's low in fat too.

What Carbs are you eating. You need good Carbs source along with your protein. Also as Phil said, you need LBA's and Whey Protein etc in your meal.

Plan your meal ahead. Dont cooked 1 week food ahead because you doing everything twice and take twice as long, really a waste of time.
Carefully plan ahead and work out your time management in cooking.
You can freeze portion uncook meats and put em in the freezer. Take them out and let it thaw in the fridge 2 days in advance. Plan ahead!!

Other Ways To Make Things Palatable:

- Simmer fish or chicken in juice like guava or mango, and discard the juice after. It's called poaching and it's a great way to make meats tender and take on the flavors of the liquid.

- Cook meats in liquid soups

- Buy Indian and Thai spices and cook. If you are on a low carb, but higher fat diet, make a sauce out of curry powder and canned coconut milk and simmer the chicken, shrimp or beef in the sauce. You'll think you died and went to heaven!

- Buy different kinds of peppercorns to grind over meats- they all taste different.

-Add vegetables the last hour or so and you have a GREAT meal that tastes better than what you normally do. And you never had to do anything but stick it all in a pot and watch TV.

- Use lemons, limes, oranges and tarragon and dill for fish like salmon, halibut and orange roughly.

- Cook chicken in red wine with basil and other Italian spices, onions, garlic, etc. Use low fat ricotta cheese to slather on top and use just plain tomato sauce out of a can - it has almost nothing in it.

There are so many ways to spruce up a diet; there is no excuse to eat bland.

Hope it helps mate...

Famous Gordon Ramsey quote: "I got myself the most amazing French girlfriend. It's almost like going to bed with a Rottweiler." hehe

Last edited:
Nice list of tips to go through there Chef...Any Dessert-based meals to work with for someone with a sweet tooth like me?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131