over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Surprisingly high A1C - pre-diabetic?

trenned

Registered
Newbies
I measured my A1c for the first time in my life today and it is a 5.7 (ref range 4-6) which seems like almost pre-diabetes?

Fasting blood glucose was 4.4 / 80 one week ago. I don't measure it often but it has always been around 5.0 / 90. Shouldn't it be higher with that A1C?

- 2500mg metformin and 1000mg berberine around a year now.
- GH year round around 4IU before bed the last month I did go up to 12IU for a few weeks. Backed down to 6IU.
- I also take rosuvastatin 5mg daily for lipids. Statins can cause diabetes as you know. This might be a contributing factor
- Fasting insulin pre and post on weak body part days 10+10 since the last month only. I don't use long acting insulin at all.

What does this mean? Should I stop pre and post insulin completely? GH?
I'm not a fat ass either. 240 lbs very lean. My weight got up to 255 when I went on 12IU though. Water weight.

Surprisingly my IGF-1 is in the shitter too at 133 ng/ml. I believe it was around 50 without GH. I'm on tren though and that can lower it as far as I know. Last month I averaged 8IU GH daily and it's still so low. GH batch is janoshik tested. This is another question. Am I even getting anything out of GH?

high gh can raise it over time..how many carbs you eating daily and what carb sources ?

Rice, potatoes and fruit mostly. Around 700 average carbs. I was starting to increase the carbs step by step as I started bulking but this is making me reconsider

The hgba1c is considered to reflect the average of the last 3 mos blood sugar but is influenced heavily by more recent blood sugar, meaning the few weeks of 12iu gh could have made it higher, if it was the few weeks just before the test.
If you're stressing, you could make whatever changes youre thinking and then after 3 weeks or so check your fructosamine level. Or just wait longer and repeat hgba1c

I certainly wouldn't cut back on insulin or cut back on gh 5.7 A1c isn't terribly high yet - most will usually be and if they're in a caloric surplus for a few months - what would I do?

changed the time of dosing gh - I would give the whole daily dose before training with insulin, most of the carbohydrates, say 1/2 of the daily supply, I would put in the training window Pre, intra, fast and give short insulin at that time
went in for about 10 weeks on a caloric deficit - I would just do a cutting phase

as for igf it's no wonder it's low when you take trenbolone - don't worry about that fact - your systemic igf is low but your muscular igf is high

What's your HOMA score?
I haven't tested my fasted insulin.

I actually found a A1c test done around one year ago and it was 5.0. That is also when I started to use GH consistently. Although the same goes for the statin and metformin/berberine. One year from 5.0 to 5.7.

Fasted blood glucose this morning was 3.9 / 70. I did not have any carbs yesterday night.

I will try luki's approach but there is not too much to cut as I was just starting my bulk.

I don't know if this is important or means anything but if I eat a heavy carb meal (post-workout for example) it knocks me out completely. I don't get sleepy I mean I have fallen off my chair sometimes or tried hard not to nod off behind the wheel. It does not seem to happen when I inject insulin before the meal.

I measured my A1c for the first time in my life today and it is a 5.7 (ref range 4-6) which seems like almost pre-diabetes?

Fasting blood glucose was 4.4 / 80 one week ago. I don't measure it often but it has always been around 5.0 / 90. Shouldn't it be higher with that A1C?

- 2500mg metformin and 1000mg berberine around a year now.
- GH year round around 4IU before bed the last month I did go up to 12IU for a few weeks. Backed down to 6IU.
- I also take rosuvastatin 5mg daily for lipids. Statins can cause diabetes as you know. This might be a contributing factor
- Fasting insulin pre and post on weak body part days 10+10 since the last month only. I don't use long acting insulin at all.

What does this mean? Should I stop pre and post insulin completely? GH?
I'm not a fat ass either. 240 lbs very lean. My weight got up to 255 when I went on 12IU though. Water weight.

Surprisingly my IGF-1 is in the shitter too at 133 ng/ml. I believe it was around 50 without GH. I'm on tren though and that can lower it as far as I know. Last month I averaged 8IU GH daily and it's still so low. GH batch is janoshik tested. This is another question. Am I even getting anything out of GH?
That is a fuck load of Metformin which I would guess at this point is no longer working for you. Also, 700 grams of carbs is no small amount even if they’re clean. When I was eating that many I had to run Slin with it because my pancreas couldn’t keep up. I think you need a reset dude - time to keto/carb cycle.

It’s likely just gh induced insulin resistance. 5.7 is the cutoff for pre diabetes so not terrible, but not great either given that you’re maxed on metformin.

Whatever the reason, your blood sugar is running a bit high. Careful use of insulin is the way to lower it (assuming carbs or gh can’t be lowered). you may need to start taking insulin everyday and checking your blood sugar 2-3x during the day instead of just in the mornings, fasted. I have no experience with insulin in the context of bodybuilding, only in the clinical setting, so I’m not sure how it’s normally done.

A basal dose of long acting slin like nph or even lantus might be the ticket. Someone with experience in the matter would be better suited to guide you.

Old fart rant and perspective….

Everything you shared indicates mild to moderate insulin resistance (either already existing to some degree or heading in the wrong direction pretty quickly).

Personally, I’d take a prudent approach and stop dicking around w slin and all those flipping carbs until you figure out with certainty what’s going on here.

Run a Kraft Test (modified version of the Fasted Insulin Test), HOMA-IR or at the very least - a C-Peptide test and know for sure.

A-1-C and certainly fasted BG readings are weak in comparison to these - so you are still guessing to a degree here.

Play it safe, get some factual insight on your health asap vs all this speculation and move forward with certainty.

GL with your situation

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner