advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is there a risk that long term GH use could make you diabetic?

Vanguards

Registered
Newbies
Is there an actual risk that long term GH use can make you diabetic?

It's mechanisms with insulin resistance are well known, which is why i've seen it reccomended to purchase a blood-glucose monitor. If it's also recommended to take tirzepatide, metformin, and/or insulin just to keep blood sugar in check, then I would assume this could lead to diabetes if left unchecked.

If you stop taking the GH, does blood glucose and insulin resistance return to normal levels rather quickly, or do you still have to take additional supplements to manipulate blood glucose to try to get it back down?

That's really my biggest concern at the moment with potentially starting GH--the blood glucose and insulin resistance factor

Any thoughts, comments, insights would be greatly appreciated.

Why aren't you in the Beginners Forum?
Because I'm not a beginner. I've been lifting for 11 years, 5 years enhanced training. Not an expert by any means, but I do feel like my question was actually valid. I'm considering taking the next steps to improve my physique by potentially adding GH, but I want to do my research first before just randomly adding a compound

Do you have any actual insight or intelligent input to offer, other than a passive aggressive comment?

Yes when you stop GH your insulin sensitivity can be restored but I’m sure there is a point of no return if you stay on a high dose long enough and your A1C gets too high.

I would say no since the main purpose of HGH is IGF1 release.

Yes when you stop GH your insulin sensitivity can be restored but I’m sure there is a point of no return if you stay on a high dose long enough and your A1C gets too high.
appreciate the reply man! thank you.

I am extremely sensitive to GH, without GH my fasting BG is around 85. After 2IU I am 98-105 (that’s with metformin 500mg 3x per day)

I stop taking it and my BG goes back down within a few days.

Because I'm not a beginner. I've been lifting for 11 years, 5 years enhanced training. Not an expert by any means, but I do feel like my question was actually valid. I'm considering taking the next steps to improve my physique by potentially adding GH, but I want to do my research first before just randomly adding a compound

Do you have any actual insight or intelligent input to offer, other than a passive aggressive comment?

Mostly just outwardly aggressive. You probably could have Googled your answer.

GH can/will lead to insulin resistance depending on dose, diet, body composition (higher bf more insulin resistant) whether you do cardio or not, amount of carbs you’re consuming.

Someone who runs let’s say 10iu+ of Gh, doesn’t do cardio, pushes carbs high 5,6,700g daily, in a growth phase so not the leanest, will most likely have fasted blood glucose levels way above 100. Do this for a long period of time without monitoring BG levels not aiding the pancreas with a basal insulin and that person has a high chance of developing type 2 diabetes. All comes down to your BG. Monitor it and make proper adjustments and you will be fine.

Where have we seen this guy before???:unsure:

I would think you'd need to damage your pancreatic beta cells for that to happen. There's the idea that they can burn out if it's cranking out a lot of insulin over time due to IR, which is why exogenous insulin could be protective. IR from GH is immediate, and in fact part of why GH does what it does for us (burn more fat as opposed to carbs, lower insulin sensitivity in fat cells and higher in muscle), and when stopping GH abruptly you might actually go hypoglycemic for a while.

Diabetes is very complex from what I've read and there's supposedly many different types identified, like 13 according to some of what I've read.

I am extremely sensitive to GH, without GH my fasting BG is around 85. After 2IU I am 98-105 (that’s with metformin 500mg 3x per day)

I stop taking it and my BG goes back down within a few days.
This is the kind of anecdotal reports I'm interested in, and that's great to hear.

How long were you taking it if you don't mind me asking? I'm surprised such a low dose caused that much of a jump, with the metformin you were taking though.

This brings me back to the point that slesh made that long term use could raise A1C to a potentially irreversible point if it's not kept in check. So my assumption now is that metformin, and a GLP1-agonist almost seem like a necessity if you were going to run say 4-5iu long term, but even then I've heard some anecdotal reports where people also needed to add insulin to keep it In check. As long as it returns to a normal baseline after discontinuing it I'll be happy, even if it means needing insulin for the period I'm on it. I'll also definitely be doing daily blood glucose readings

I would think you'd need to damage your pancreatic beta cells for that to happen. There's the idea that they can burn out if it's cranking out a lot of insulin over time due to IR, which is why exogenous insulin could be protective. IR from GH is immediate, and in fact part of why GH does what it does for us (burn more fat as opposed to carbs, lower insulin sensitivity in fat cells and higher in muscle), and when stopping GH abruptly you might actually go hypoglycemic for a while.

Diabetes is very complex from what I've read and there's supposedly many different types identified, like 13 according to some of what I've read.
Exogenous insulin is definitely sounding more and more like the solution. I really appreciate your input! This is great info

This is the kind of anecdotal reports I'm interested, and that's great to hear.

How long were you taking it if you don't mind me asking? I'm surprised such a low dose caused that much of a jump, with the metformin you were taking though.

This brings me back to the point that slesh made that long term could use could raise A1C to a potentially irreversible point if it's not kept in check. So my assumption now is that metformin, and a GLP1-agonist almost seem like a necessity if you were going to run say 4-5iu long term, but even then I've heard some anecdotal reports where people also needed to add insulin to keep it In check. As long as it returns to a normal baseline after discontinuing it I'll be happy, even if it means needing insulin for the period I'm on it. I'll also definitely be doing daily blood glucose readings

I’m a bit of a bad example as I am not a bodybuilder and my offseason diet is extremely carb heavy. 500-750 grams per day.

I’ll run GH for anywhere from 2 weeks to 3-4 months, just depends if I have an event coming up or not or if the accumulation of water retention starts hindering my cardio output / raises my RHR.

Edit - just keep an eye on your BG. Some guys like slesh can run dosages that would turn me diabetic and some are little girls like myself, just gotta find where you fit then add in ancillaries.

High doses for extended periods with no prophylactic to lower blood glucose frpm the GH and excessive food , yes it can lead to diabetes.

Low doses for extended periods with no prophylactic to lower blood glucose from the GH and excessive food , yes it can lead to diabetes

NO HGH for extended periods with no prophylactic to lower blood glucose from excessive food , yes it can lead to diabetes

I have three guys that have run 8-10 iu a day for 16 weeks through a contest prep only taking 1 , 1000mg Metformin SR a day and their fasted blood glucose never got out of the 90's , now when growing phase more measures had to be taken

I believe with or without HGH your diet will be the biggest factor on leading you to type 2 diabetes

This is the kind of anecdotal reports I'm interested in, and that's great to hear.

This brings me back to the point that slesh made that long term use could raise A1C to a potentially irreversible point if it's not kept in check. So my assumption now is that metformin, and a GLP1-agonist almost seem like a necessity if you were going to run say 4-5iu long term, but even then I've heard some anecdotal reports where people also needed to add insulin to keep it In check. As long as it returns to a normal baseline after discontinuing it I'll be happy, even if it means needing insulin for the period I'm on it. I'll also definitely be doing daily blood glucose readings
Berberine at the very least but Metformin and other script BG meds will be more effective.

Just keep in mind the difference between Slin and GDAs - Slin is pulling the glucose from your bloodstream and storing it while Berberine, Metformin, etc are disposing it.
Just to add, the main mechanism how insulin lowers BG is lowering liver output of glucose. That's my understanding of it.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws