advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is there a risk that long term GH use could make you diabetic?

Is there an actual risk that long term GH use can make you diabetic?

It's mechanisms with insulin resistance are well known, which is why i've seen it reccomended to purchase a blood-glucose monitor. If it's also recommended to take tirzepatide, metformin, and/or insulin just to keep blood sugar in check, then I would assume this could lead to diabetes if left unchecked.

If you stop taking the GH, does blood glucose and insulin resistance return to normal levels rather quickly, or do you still have to take additional supplements to manipulate blood glucose to try to get it back down?

That's really my biggest concern at the moment with potentially starting GH--the blood glucose and insulin resistance factor

Any thoughts, comments, insights would be greatly appreciated.
Can you become diabetic? Yes

Can most people reverse it? Yes

Is there a point of no return? I personally believe so as I have many friends who are former national level competitors who use insulin or metformin daily now that they’re retired from competing.

IMO though, I would fear abusing carbs and insulin causing this more than HGH. What gets most is the combination of the two going unchecked.

Keep things monitored and “most” wont have an issue.

I started GH for replacement purposes over 10 years ago with what would be considered low dose. The highest i have used is 3 i.u. after surgeries. And my fasting glucose levels are higher now but still barely in range.

Is there an actual risk that long term GH use can make you diabetic?

It's mechanisms with insulin resistance are well known, which is why i've seen it reccomended to purchase a blood-glucose monitor. If it's also recommended to take tirzepatide, metformin, and/or insulin just to keep blood sugar in check, then I would assume this could lead to diabetes if left unchecked.

If you stop taking the GH, does blood glucose and insulin resistance return to normal levels rather quickly, or do you still have to take additional supplements to manipulate blood glucose to try to get it back down?

That's really my biggest concern at the moment with potentially starting GH--the blood glucose and insulin resistance factor

Any thoughts, comments, insights would be greatly appreciated.
Some really good answers in this thread.

It’s going to be a dose dependent thing but as long as you keep an eye on it, you can adjust.

One would think if you're responsibly monitoring things like FBG, PPBG, HBA1C you would get plenty of warning if there are any worrying signs.

My FBG is regularly 4.1 (74) for example on roughly 4iu, and I don't even think I have a particularly great glucose response, but I do try to live the lifestyle as best I can.

I have been using gh since 2016 since 2019 I have not taken less than 10iu a day, my blood results average:
-A1c 4.0-4.7
-fasting glucose 80-86
-c-peptide - always in the middle of the norm
-fasting insulin - during cutting the lower limit of normal, during heavy bulking the middle of the norm

I have been using gh since 2016 since 2019 I have not taken less than 10iu a day, my blood results average:
-A1c 4.0-4.7
-fasting glucose 80-86
-fasting insulin - during cutting the lower limit of normal, during heavy bulking the middle of the norm
And you have used no insulin, metformin or other glucose modulating agents?

Exogenous insulin is definitely sounding more and more like the solution. I really appreciate your input! This is great info

Jesus fucking Christ physiology….

Exogenous insulin is NOT the correct answer.

Exogenous insulin DOES lower blood glucose.

It does NOT lower GHs long term impact on insulin resistance.

Exogenous insulin hampers insulin sensitivity.

But if your not gonna go apeshit with GH, like beyond 6-7iu ED….

Insulin sensitivity can easily be managed via diet, cardio, and berberine/metformin, and periods of hypocaloric states

^^^im not saying don’t do insulin with GH, definitely do…but don’t die

But I don’t think it’s doing what you think it’s doing….

Jesus fucking Christ physiology….

Exogenous insulin is NOT the correct answer.

Exogenous insulin DOES lower blood glucose.

It does NOT lower GHs long term impact on insulin resistance.

Exogenous insulin hampers insulin sensitivity.

But if your not gonna go apeshit with GH, like beyond 6-7iu ED….

Insulin sensitivity can easily be managed via diet, cardio, and berberine/metformin, and periods of hypocaloric states
appreciate the clarification. makes perfect sense

I'll probably stick with a more moderate approach

-A1c 4.0-4.7
-fasting glucose 80-86
I know you’ve talked about this across various threads, but what habits do you attribute those values to- cardio regimen, fasted vs non, etc.

I know you’ve talked about this across various threads, but what habits do you attribute those values to- cardio regimen, fasted vs non, etc.
I don't think you'll hear anything different from Justin Harris on this matter because we have very similar views 😃
1. clean diet - I don't do any cheat meals, no trans fatty acids all year round, minimally processed products, high omega 3 intake and low overall fat intake and VERY important to me - carb cycling
2.cardio all year round (generally high activity, not less than 10k steps a day)
3. heavy strength training with a fairly high volume, which allows me to use carbohydrates optimally
4. appropriate GH timing (around training)
5. at least 7 hours of sleep a night

I think these are the main factors

If using low dose long-acting insulin (lantus) daily as well as some humalog with a couple of meals, do you need to stop the lantus at least 24 hours before you get your c-peptide measured to get an accurate reading?

If using low dose long-acting insulin (lantus) daily as well as some humalog with a couple of meals, do you need to stop the lantus at least 24 hours before you get your c-peptide measured to get an accurate reading?
first of all, what he always says. taking long insulin every day if you are not diabetic is the worst thing you can do to yourself

first of all, what he always says. taking long insulin every day if you are not diabetic is the worst thing you can do to yourself
Is this because fat intake can generally spill over when using long acting slin? Say you're a fan of red meat

I've read fat intake should be kept as minimal as possible while the insulin is in the system, which is why most people reccomend fast acting versions

Man I do 5iu mwf and never taking anything berberlne or Metformin and
Y A1C is always on point less than 5

Is this because fat intake can generally spill over when using long acting slin? Say you're a fan of red meat

I've read fat intake should be kept as minimal as possible while the insulin is in the system, which is why most people reccomend fast acting versions
man with all due respect but it's clear from the questions you ask that your knowledge even on the basic level is very small - you should use the search engine out of respect for users who left their knowledge here for free... because these questions have already been answered in very detailed terms hundreds of times -

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws