over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Telling your doctor you use gear??

I told my personal dr. He specifically said "I won't put that in your file - you'll never get life insurance" now he just monitors blood work more regularly.

My GP has given me many 'open doors' to admit things. He comes across as very suspect as to why I'm the way I am and whenever there is any discrepancy or reading that is unusual with a lipid profile the absolute first thing out of his mouth as to possible causes is "steroids".

When you wear the suit people, including medical 'professionals', are always going to make assumptions. For me any possible benefit of letting a doctor know of anything I'm doing enhancement wise is not worth the potential risk of him labeling me.

As a pessimist in general I find the Hippocratic Oath to represent ideals that modern medicine has kind of tossed aside. Physicians are humans and to think that they uphold that Oath ideal to a tee is hard for me to comprehend. People talk...all people talk. The less that know the better.

I told my personal dr. He specifically said "I won't put that in your file - you'll never get life insurance" now he just monitors blood work more regularly.

I don't know if my dr is cool about that or not, thats my problem. I don't think I'll tell him. If anything I might eventually talk to him about trt, and then see how it goes.

I think you are a lucky exception to the rule

Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it. you know, I'm actually surprised, I honestly thought that most of you have told your doctors, especially when I read about you getting bloodwork done. I had no idea you could order it to be done online like that. Thanks again.

Rule #1 in the game
**broken link removed**
keep it secret, keep it safe

If this is your PERSONAL doctor, hired ONLY by you, I don't see a problem since doctors are sworn to follow a doctor/patient confidentiality agreement.

Back in 2008, after being out of work on disability by my job for a year and a half, I had taken every test known to man by the cardiologist hired by my employer and union. According to my blood exam results, my test and metabolism were relatively hire for someone my size and age. So he asked me to address the matter to my personal doctor. Knowing that I've been into strength training for decades, my doctor knew that I must have been doing something but didn't question me of it until that moment. I inquired of the D/P agreement before uttering a word. To this day, it's only between her and I. She's often had me take more bloodworks to keep my level safe, only because mine was low after going clean for a few weeks. I was even getting injections at my doctor's office.

If the doctor is a doctor who handles your records for workmen's comp or even disability, DON'T SAY A WORD of it. They are required to report anything to your employer, if needed.

Do not listen to this.

Yes, there is such a thing as Doc patient confidentiality, but this goes out the window when you have to sign a waiver giving others access to your records. This can be for health insurance, life insurance, if you are in an accident and an insurance company is footing the bill, and many other scenarios. Just because the Dr cannot go around telling people at random about what is on your medical records, do not think that means that you can somehow hide what is on those records.

No way! If you ever have to go through a divorce or child custody hearing the apposing party can request you produce all your medical records. So if your Doctor documents this you may be screwed.

This should be a 2 post thread. The original post asking the question and 1 response saying TELL NO ONE. It's a small world and shit happens. Friend today foe tomorrow you just never know. Why do some of you guys continue to ask to get screwed. :banghead:

This should be a 2 post thread. The original post asking the question and 1 response saying TELL NO ONE. It's a small world and shit happens. Friend today foe tomorrow you just never know. Why do some of you guys continue to ask to get screwed. :banghead:

Exactly!! No upside to telling the doc. Obviously you got to..if there is some kind of emergency..but otherwise. STFU!!!

Exactly! Smartest thing i ever did! Just look at my thread below about my first bloodwork with the doc on cycle. Now if i didn't say anything and looking at my liver like i'm an alcoholic even though i have maybe 1 drink a month. My cholesterol levels like i'm a fast food junkie yet i eat fast food maybe once a month and restaurant maybe once a week. Then run every test under the sun like i'm some medical anomaly at 27yrs old and the organs of a 60yr old scratching his head this whole time. Yeah, i'd rather be honest with a doc i can trust then go through all that and say i don't know doc? Lol. To each their own and if you have medical but still can't trust a doc or don't have medical, like $60 online to check everything except lipids and to add that test is like another $40 or so. Around $100 for a full testing panel for someone using AAS, $400 investment a year to monitor your health, not bad. Now if you need meds though for high bp, cholesterol, etc, don't know how else you're gonna get those?

Now when i say trust in the doc, for me i live in a small town where everyone knows everyone type of place. Doc grew up with family so obviously can trust him very well this is only between us and to never put it on file. Now for someone that doesn't have a connection like that with their doc and just think oh he seems nice so i'll trust him, then yeah, i wouldn't tell at all. Just putting that out there not to get confused on TRUST.

Last edited:
I had a doc back in the 80s that I told I was using a little prop.
He said so what no big deal just don't over do it what ever that means.
He also stated he saw no big issue with anabolics but if it were hard street drugs i.e. like cocaine etc then he would be very concerned. T

I think you are a lucky exception to the rule

I may be exception #2. I had to have a hematoma lanced in one of my delts over a year ago, and after my Dr had his PA cut it and drain it he came in the room alone and point blank asked me how I got it. He told me to be honest and that it was between he and I, so I told him. He got up, left the room and came back with a half box of 22g pins and told me to stop using 25g that weren't going deep enough into the muscle.

HE is possibly one of the few exceptions I have ever seen or meet, ex-college football player who is a big a$$ Dr.

I may be exception #2. I had to have a hematoma lanced in one of my delts over a year ago, and after my Dr had his PA cut it and drain it he came in the room alone and point blank asked me how I got it. He told me to be honest and that it was between he and I, so I told him. He got up, left the room and came back with a half box of 22g pins and told me to stop using 25g that weren't going deep enough into the muscle.

HE is possibly one of the few exceptions I have ever seen or meet, ex-college football player who is a big a$$ Dr.

Your doctor actually believes that the gauge of a needle has anything to do with deepness into a muscle???:confused:

I definately wont be saying anything to my dr. about it. unless of course its an emergency. i also live in a small town where everybody seems to know everybody, and yes my dr. does seem cool as hell, but after reading a lot of these posts, the risk you have if they do decide to copy everything you tell them, and somehow that info gets out to somebody, like stated above, if your ever in an accident or in court for something and they want to see your medical records, thats probably going to hurt you. I honestly didnt even think about all of that. and who knows, you may think you can trust your dr. and he says he wont write it down, but when you leave he opens that folder back up and writes that shit down. just sayin, you never know, or never would know. thanks for all the info too, you guys are a lot of help, i appreciate it fellas;)

I told my orthopedic surgeon that was doing the procedure on my ankle and he said don't worry I wont even put that in your notes. Thank goodness he is cool with it.

Unless its something that your Dr believes your putting your life in danger or other's lives in danger, they do not really have to write it on your file.

It DEPENDS on the Dr.

If its not documented, it never happened.

My Dr, and a lot of others, will not document it if you ask them not to.

I would not document it if my patient asks me not to.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws