over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TENNIS ELBOW......HELP ANYBODY!!!!!!!

MattyFSU

Registered
hey fellas and gals......

i few months back everyone on this board help me get through a painful lower back injury and i want to thank everyone who gave me great advice!!!! it worked!!!!

i am now suffing from what i have been told is tennis elbow. it started about 2 months a ago and it only hurt when i was done lifting chest ( pressing ). now it hurts all the damn time!!!! i took time off tried to rest but it seemed like the more rest i gave it the worst it got. i have been training for 12 years and never experienced anything that would keep me out of the gym like this ( not even the lower back pain kept me out of the gym )

so i was wondering if anyone could send me some advice on how to fix this problem and not just mask it with meds.

p.s.
as of currently i am training clean and just came off about 3 months ago.....

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANYONE THAT COULD HELP!!!!!!!

A good tennis elbow brace will help big time and eventually make it go away. you can get them at any Walgreens or sporting goods store.

I took alieve to help with swelling and pain, its supposed to help healing after taking it for a couple of weeks. I did not do lifts that caused a lot of pain, look for alternatives. The exercises that do afftect that area I did machines to help relieve stress and when I did get back to doing free weights I do it high reps with really light weight. You slowly add back weight or resistance each week as long as there isnt any significant pain. Eventually it just went away. I had pain doing curls, rows, side shoulder laterals mostly. The key is to keep working the area but use a light enough resistance so that it doesnt hurt. I was doing reps of 20-25 at first.

As AWN said, get a good tennis elbow brace. Now when you are done in the gym when you get home grab a bucket and fill it with cold water just enough so you can immerse the elbow joint in it, up to your forearm and upper arm. Throw in some ice and then soak your elbow in the ice water for ten minutes only. Take it out of the water and dry it off. When it warms up to normal temp, repeat the process. Same thing ten minutes only. then let it warm up on it's own and leave it till the next day. The thing is you need to get the inflammation down as quickly as possible for healing to take place. Ice water is by far the best and safest drug free way to do this. During the day you may need to take an anti-inflammatory to keep the pain down. In the gym do not do too much that aggrevates it directly and each night do the ice water treatments. Should have you back up and running in a few weeks.

I have one usable arm, paralyzed the other in a motorcycle accident, so I do get tennis elbow quite frequently and what works for me is rest, ice packs and a bit of Advil or Motrin.

Here's what I do when i get it. Wrap the elbow ,take Asprin and rest till it's gone.
Then when it's healed. Make sure you wrap them and warm them up before training. I only take off the wraps when training my arms.
It seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. :eek:

You might find this Dr's web site interesting. He does a procedure that involves injecting some of your own blood plasma. It is supposed to improve/aid healing. The last time I checked, it cost about $2000 though.

http://www.apexprp.com/

You could try something called Active Release that many chiropractors are familiar with....it helps. If that doesn't do it a shot of cortisone and some rest are your best bets.

Awn 2004 - thanks for the advice on the brace...i will be picking one up this afternoon.

maldorf - thanks....i have just this past week switched to machines and it has helped alittle. i will be starting to train with higher reps and lower weight.

oldfella - thanks for the advice....you sent me some real good advice for my back so thank you. i will be starting your ice regime tonight. i'll keep you posted!!!

jarconis - never do up rightrows!!!!! :D

otis holbrock - thanks but alittle to expensive for me!!!

AND to everyone else thanks for the advice....hopefully this elbow thing will go away sooner than later!!!!!!!! i'll keep everyone posted!!!!

Ive been able to cure a great deal of my trainees tennis elbow problem with the following.

Blood flow is healing
The area your dealing with doesnt have the greatest blood flow to it.
Go to a local pharmacy and get a 16% menthol based gel like Flexall or similiar and apply it liberally... not only prelifting but more importantly pre bed so you have blood flow to the area all nite while sleeping (repairing).

I had it in the past. Everyone pretty much gaVe you all most of the advise you need. I can add a little.

-NSAIDS short term 1-2 weeks

-Ice

-Take 1-2 weeks off training upper body if you could.

-Tennis Elbow Brace BAND-IT is the popular one the orthopedic doctors use. I have good insurance so I want to my ortho and got one from him. Saved me $30 insurance picked it up.

-A muscle rub like DC said. I think BIOFREEZE works well !Its the one all the chiroparctors use.

-If that above don't work and you have good insurance get some ultrasound done.

-and if $$$ is not tight, accupunture works well for joint issues and tendonitis.

Last edited:
doggcrapp - WOW.....its an honor....i have been following your training method now for about 8 months and all i got to say is WOW!!!! i have NEVER gained that much weight and have NEVER been that consistantly sore as i did on your training!!!! SO THANKS!!!!! and thank you for the advice i am also going to get some cream and will look for that %.

THANKS

dragonfire101 - thanks for all the advice esp. the type of brace i should get. that was going to be my next question....so thanks for answering it!!!!

THANKS

I had it for 5 months, feels like a broken arm! I back the shot of cortisone and rest recommendation as it was the ONLY thing that helped me. I also got some Bromelain (sp?) and took 4 tabs per day for a month or so.

Be careful with ART, if it's bone spur or calcium deposit related, ART can make it worse. Get a diagnosis first.

ketoprofin cream does wonders for the tendon in my thumb. After that keep a good balance of muscle development and exercise for the forearm. A lot of knee probs are attributed to lack of ham devlopment, maybe part of yours could be. Good luck, tell us what works.

I had it real bad about two years ago and he the only think that helped me to recover completely was to take time off...3 weeks. I know that's not what you want to hear though.

I have the same tennis elbow. I bought this sleeve with the velcro strap. I have used it for all upper body workouts and can honestly say that my tennis elbow has improved greatly...like 50% better! I have also cut out the preacher curls too which seemed to aggrivate it quite a bit.

Here is the brace that Sports Authority sells for $13:
**broken link removed**

Good luck!

hey fellas and gals......

i few months back everyone on this board help me get through a painful lower back injury and i want to thank everyone who gave me great advice!!!! it worked!!!!

i am now suffing from what i have been told is tennis elbow. it started about 2 months a ago and it only hurt when i was done lifting chest ( pressing ). now it hurts all the damn time!!!! i took time off tried to rest but it seemed like the more rest i gave it the worst it got. i have been training for 12 years and never experienced anything that would keep me out of the gym like this ( not even the lower back pain kept me out of the gym )

so i was wondering if anyone could send me some advice on how to fix this problem and not just mask it with meds.

p.s.
as of currently i am training clean and just came off about 3 months ago.....

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANYONE THAT COULD HELP!!!!!!!

Rubbing DMSO on the area will help you, but your breath will smell like strong garlic (to yourself) and like oysters to everyone else. That will give you instantaneous relief, but with lots of side effects.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131