over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Terrible gas from home cooked potatoes but not store-bought

FuriousAngus

Registered
I've been going through this very strange issue lately where if I cooked potatoes at home (method below) I would get TERRIBLE gas for a good few hours, which is really bizarre because I NEVER get gas from eating potatoes bought from fast food chains or even places that make fries using the same exact potatoes I'm using. I'm entirely baffled and I don't understand what's happening. I tried changing potato brands,types (sweet is even worse),etc. Same issues. But if I buy those pre-cooked fries from the store I'm all good. I don't get it. Here's how I cook mine (tastes delicious)...

Rinse and soak peeled potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes
Oil and season then throw in the air fryer for 20 (I tried changing oils,avocado almond etc, same. Also removed seasoning..same)
Devour

Anyone could help me pin point the issue here? Hell,my mom uses the same potatoes and they never give me gas...

I love potatoes because unlike rice, they PULL all the water from my midsection and into the muscles...I look super tight right after I eat them

Try just rinsing or don’t even rinse. Just oil and season, then cook right away. Soaking them might release the starch and other things?

Bump, in have the exact same issue as the OP.

I tried not soaking them and still got the terrible gas issue, tried cooking them in the oven instead too. Same...

I tried not soaking them and still got the terrible gas issue, tried cooking them in the oven instead too. Same...
It was worth a try. I’m stumped! I say you have to use the pre-cooked potatoes for now ☹️

Perhaps they’re not getting cooked long enough/hot enough

Could it be the air fryer?

Could it be the air fryer?
I figured that could be the only explanation, so I tried cooking it in the oven for 50 minutes. Same thing unfortunately. I'm really lost here.Going to try boiling the potatoes and then roasting them see if that changes anything.

Starting to think maybe it's the food combination; I typically have it with a side of greek yogurt/cashews. I'll try eating the potatoes by themselves maybe with a protein shake see if I get the same issue too

the first thing I thought of was the oil. Did you try vegetable oil and olive oil?

I'd worry about tree nut oil. Personally, I habe trouble with coconut and tree nuts now. In the past I was ok with most nuts, but recently it gives me terrible diarrhea. As I age it seems like I get more food allergies/ intolerance.

the first thing I thought of was the oil. Did you try vegetable oil and olive oil?

I'd worry about tree nut oil. Personally, I habe trouble with coconut and tree nuts now. In the past I was ok with most nuts, but recently it gives me terrible diarrhea. As I age it seems like I get more food allergies/ intolerance.
I thought of that as well,I'm the same way Maldorf. I usedto be able to digest everything inmy 20s by now that I'm 33 (still pretty young) I can't digest half as good. I tried butter, corn oil, avocado oil,and mac nut oil (I think almond too). I'll try good o' olive oil as well now that I'm thinking maybe I never actually tried it...

olive oil is all that I ever use now and its good for me.

you mentioned eating them with cashews, be sure to eat just potatoes on their own like you said. Cashews might be on that messes me up now. I have mixed nuts that I had to stop eating, not sure which nut(s) is the culprit.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws