over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

THE best exercise for inner upper chest seperation

Have you ever tried super wide incline press :D

i did EVERYTHING wide today. I even plan to grip the bar wider when i squat! man i gotta tell ya, after all the wide gripping today i can really feel the hypertrophy in my rotators lol

got any pictures that demonstrate this? Thanks buddy

John Meadows simply refers to these as pec minor dips

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CaxyXbEY9E]Elitefts.com - Pec Minor Dips - YouTube[/ame]

John Meadows simply refers to these as pec minor dips

Elitefts.com - Pec Minor Dips - YouTube

i utilize that in all my dip movements. the "reverse shrug" activates the pecs because they are involved in pulling the shoulders forward and down. forward would also be anterior delt but downward(and slightly fwd) is primary pecs and id assume serratus/lat secondary

i did EVERYTHING wide today. I even plan to grip the bar wider when i squat! man i gotta tell ya, after all the wide gripping today i can really feel the hypertrophy in my rotators lol

Dude yer pex is gonna be gnarly yo. I bet yer rotator cuffs are gonna be better than Zyzz's even! I heard some dude on here has some rotator cuff growth hormones called RIPPOFFUEL or something. Sposed to get yer cuffs RIPPED homey!

Dude yer pex is gonna be gnarly yo. I bet yer rotator cuffs are gonna be better than Zyzz's even! I heard some dude on here has some rotator cuff growth hormones called RIPPOFFUEL or something. Sposed to get yer cuffs RIPPED homey!

Wait. What?

Is this a new form of slang English?

:action-s::action-s: haha now that's funny

I always kind of chuckle at threads like this. OP you have a valid concern and exercise selection IS the remedy.
However you simply cannot target the area you speak of, or any other area of the chest. Instead what you must do is choose exercises that stimulate the pecs to the maximum.

IMO that would be dips, especially Gironda style, and decline bench press. I also really like the neck press with elbows flared but its not an exercise that allows much progression so I do not don't often.

Chest for most guys is also a muscle that can be trained twice a week. I would have you do 2 chest/back days each week a few days apart. Like say Monday and Thurs. You can do legs in the middle and end. Maybe throw an arm day in on Saturday, but you could also just throw some close grip bench in on one of the chest days and some barbell curls, db laterals or upright rows on another.
No offense, but that's BS. While you can't "Isolate" a certain area of a muscle like chest, hand placement and angle of bench will definitely increase stimulation to certain portions. If not, then wh do my upper pecs get more sore than my lower pecs when I do incline? Dr Schoenfeld has said he has seen proof of this with his EMG studies as well

No offense, but that's BS. While you can't "Isolate" a certain area of a muscle like chest, hand placement and angle of bench will definitely increase stimulation to certain portions. If not, then wh do my upper pecs get more sore than my lower pecs when I do incline? Dr Schoenfeld has said he has seen proof of this with his EMG studies as well

Eh. We will just have to disagree on this. I've never experienced more soreness in one area vs another. I'm not saying you haven't, but I've honestly never even heard this before. I guarantee you if you stopped doing inclines and switched to declines close grip and dips only your upper chest would grow more than ever. Well up to your genetic max anyway.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

You may well experience different levels of soreness due to hand placement and angles but muscle soreness does not mean growth.

Eh. We will just have to disagree on this. I've never experienced more soreness in one area vs another. I'm not saying you haven't, but I've honestly never even heard this before. I guarantee you if you stopped doing inclines and switched to declines close grip and dips only your upper chest would grow more than ever. Well up to your genetic max anyway.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Tri,

how to do declines close grip :
ellbows out or in?

I find pre exhausting fabulous for stimulating this area.

Done in superset fashion.

Machine Flyes
Neck press on Smith.

Hold the contraction on the fly for 2 - 3 seconds.
The neck press is not about trying to load up as much weight as possible.
By the second set you should be feeling a burn and pulling in the inner upper area.
Lower the weight under control, pause at the bottom and drive through using your pecs.

The second combo is.

Incline cable flye
Hex incline DB press.

Again squeeze and hold on the fly in peak contraction.
The hex press do drop sets with.

Keep reps at 8 - 10 on the pressing moves and 12 - 15 on the flyes.
If this does not improve and target the area then nothing will.

:)

Ive seen improvement doin pec dec while leaning back and having spotter pump extra reps past failure

you need to do the pec dec leaning FORWARD... I went a solid year ONLY focusing chest workouts on upper and inner...my two main excercises were leaning forward PECDEC flyes(making sure to grip the handles way up high too,on the square part)...and incline underhanded smith machine presses...using the smith machine for safety reasons....these two changed the whole shape of my pecs...very beneficial...very happy with the results!!

You may well experience different levels of soreness due to hand placement and angles but muscle soreness does not mean growth.

Soreness may not indicate growth, but it certainly does indicate iv'e pounded the hell out of a certain portion of a muscle.

inclines at different angles almost up to the military position worked great for me and heavy weighted dips were great for the lower chest separation.

I love me some incline cable flies! Also I noticed that having good anterior delts help make the upper chest look better.

Weighted dips from different angles seems to develop chest like to other. I also used to do wide are dumbbell presses like jay. I would put it on a medium incline and grip each dumbbell a little closer to the inner side and let them arc out not he way up. Sort of like a heavy fly but less leverage.

not sure why people think you cant isolate or at least include the upper inner portion of your pec in a move. You certainly can.

cables: put the pulley as close to the floor as possible and lift from your hip, cross over in front of your chest to the upper, outer portion of your head. Do not twist your body.

dumbells: do the same thing.

if you dont believe me, just move your empty hand while flexing in the exact motion I just described and feel that part of your chest... it's flexed. if you can flex it empty handed, you can work it with weights.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws