over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

THE best exercise for inner upper chest seperation

Screw bad gentics that's a cop out.

Chest is all about stretch and contract. Work angles and hit it hard and heavy.

Consistency is key. I actually find incline works my chest as whole.
When I was trying to add size on my upper chest my workout would be something like this.

All are working sets...

4 sets incline barbell (5-12 rep schemes)
3 sets flat dumbell (8-15 rep scheme)
3 sets Pec Dek with seat all the way down to target upper pecs (10-20 rep scheme)
3 sets Hammer strength incline machine (6-10 rep scheme)
3 sets Cable row from the top. (12-30 rep scheme) b
Back to incline barbell press 3 sets (5-10 rep schemes)

This worked for me.
Volume is key. In my case anyway.

You think inclines work well, try incline presses with bands. The contraction is fucking insane and you really have to resist the negative. Destroys me upper pecs every time.

^^^^ sounds cool. I like to try different stuff now, I used to use them on the flat during my powerlifting days but nothing is gonna beat that bread and butter heavy basic movement.

I see poster said close grip incline bar for innner chest, anyone else do this?

perhaps I need to switch up my chest program, all I do is decline and dips and once in awhile pec dec.

I too am having problem with lower and upper separation.

hands facing each other with the dumbells touching on a slight incline... keep them touching, actually pressing them together as you go up and down

do that for sets with increasing reps... 8, 10, 12, 16, 20 and see how hard that hits the area, you will be amazed

Using your genetics as a limiting factor is a pretty pathetic excuse for lacking the intuitive sense to understand how to contract any muscle group. I'm not a huge guy, 5'9"..190lbs. and have numerous people comment on how I've developed my upper/center chest. Isolation should be your primary movement. More specifically, single arm chest pec machines work great due to the fact that your humorous can actually cross your centerline. Decrease your reps as weight increases per set. I usually pyramid up in weight for 3-5 sets focusing on negatives each rep until my chest is gorged with blood. In between sets, pull your arms across your chest like your hugging yourself continuously contracting your centerline. Only after this would I attempt to hit a barbell or dumbell press using moderate weight I can control squeezing my centerline every rep again, focusing on stretching my chest with every negative. Again, my weight pyramids up as the reps drop. An awesome super-set strategy would be to hit wide grip barbell rows to additionally stretch the fascia of the pecs. Watch your chest carefully as you will see striations in your chest you probably never have before..Keep super-setting and pumping...Training is about using your intuition and wits. It's not about moving "X" amount of weight.

But genetics is the limiting factor. I would like to be 6 inches taller but no matter what I do or how positively I try to over-ride my genetic limitation I am the height that I am and the OP's chest is limited to what it has been genetically pre-determined to be in terms of muscular development.

Dumbell hex presses, cable flyes from the bottom position and dumbell twist presses

Recently added in Incline DB Hex Press superset with Incline DB Fly with only about 10 sec between doing each movement. The way you feel the hex press on the incline is just different from traditional incline movements. You feel this deep stimulus right in the inner upper quadrant of the chest that, for me at least, is really unique to that movement. With the superset you get a deep contraction and the with the fly you are stretching it out... it feel awesome and the blood flow to your chest makes you feel like king kong

Is what I described a dumbbell "hex press"? I'm not sure what it's called but I think that might be it for those who don't know what it is

Is what I described a dumbbell "hex press"? I'm not sure what it's called but I think that might be it for those who don't know what it is

Yes, it is.

2 other exercises I haven't seen mentioned yet are

- reverse grip bench press with a very slight incline (10-20 degrees), and

- not sure the name of it, but basically a reverse shrug on dip station with hands parallel.

The first exercise addresses a secondary function of the pecs, which is rotation of the humerus. Makes for a very strong contraction at the top of the movement.

The second exercise targets the pec minor... Much like working the brachialis improves biceps peak by lifting the biceps from underneath, the pec minor does the same for chest.

I like to do these with a bit of a forward lean.

:)

hands facing each other with the dumbells touching on a slight incline... keep them touching, actually pressing them together as you go up and down

do that for sets with increasing reps... 8, 10, 12, 16, 20 and see how hard that hits the area, you will be amazed

Heard about these before....chest day tomorrow, gonna give these a go.

2 other exercises I haven't seen mentioned yet are

- reverse grip bench press with a very slight incline (10-20 degrees), and

- not sure the name of it, but basically a reverse shrug on dip station with hands parallel.

The first exercise addresses a secondary function of the pecs, which is rotation of the humerus. Makes for a very strong contraction at the top of the movement.

The second exercise targets the pec minor... Much like working the brachialis improves biceps peak by lifting the biceps from underneath, the pec minor does the same for chest.

I like to do these with a bit of a forward lean.

:)
got any pictures that demonstrate this? Thanks buddy

But genetics is the limiting factor. I would like to be 6 inches taller but no matter what I do or how positively I try to over-ride my genetic limitation I am the height that I am and the OP's chest is limited to what it has been genetically pre-determined to be in terms of muscular development.

I have to agree with this,There not gonna be a magic chest movement that make your chest grow,Just do a wide variety of excersises and your just will grow accordingly to its potential.

I always kind of chuckle at threads like this. OP you have a valid concern and exercise selection IS the remedy.
However you simply cannot target the area you speak of, or any other area of the chest. Instead what you must do is choose exercises that stimulate the pecs to the maximum.

IMO that would be dips, especially Gironda style, and decline bench press. I also really like the neck press with elbows flared but its not an exercise that allows much progression so I do not don't often.

Chest for most guys is also a muscle that can be trained twice a week. I would have you do 2 chest/back days each week a few days apart. Like say Monday and Thurs. You can do legs in the middle and end. Maybe throw an arm day in on Saturday, but you could also just throw some close grip bench in on one of the chest days and some barbell curls, db laterals or upright rows on another.

flat version of HEX PRESS

[ame=http://youtu.be/oL7Tb4ofKUI]Hex press - YouTube[/ame]

but only the clinical dose not a gram more.

screw that im doing 8g.... i like to live dangerously and the rebel in me wont let me abide by the strict clinical dose

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws