advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The truths about dieting, including guide.

this is my last post on this but had to post a link also as you were basicly saying that i was stupid i said you were right about the way you were eating but said urine ph is not telling you what you need to know i hope not to offend but you dont need to teach me anything shelby starnes and phil hernon and even articles by mountaindog and trial and error are keeping me learning

I'm sorry, I don't want to be rude or anything, but I point you towards multiple articles about ph balance, including personal experience, and a degree in sports nutrition, and you reply to me with a single article about some guy and his "common sense advice on the raw food diet" who is just an average guy taking guesses at what he thinks dieting is like, who is actually arguing with a Dr. in which he thinks is not right, and has no supporting evidence to back his claims, not to mention that fact that his statements do not mean anything.

But here is the funny part...

"The acidity created from the digestion of certain “acid-forming foods” must be buffered by the alkaline mineral reserves of the body. That’s why it’s important to eat diet composed mainly of alkaline foods such as fruits and vegetables.

What this means to you, is that you need to eat more fruits and vegetables to have more alkaline mineral reserves generally in your bones. If you eat only meat and grains, your body will take alkaline minerals from your bones to buffer any extra acid produced in digestion and that can lead to problems like osteoporosis where you have weak or brittle bones from a lack of certain minerals like calcium which is alkaline."

Which comes directly from his article, maybe you missed that part... The only thing I could agree on is that yes ph strips are not the most accurate way of testing, but it gives you are pretty good idea. If you are excreting acid, it's pretty good judgement that you should lower you consumption of acid-forming foods.

this is my last post on this but had to post a link also as you were basicly saying that i was stupid i said you were right about the way you were eating but said urine ph is not telling you what you need to know i hope not to offend but you dont need to teach me anything shelby starnes and phil hernon and even articles by mountaindog and trial and error are keeping me learning

I never said you were stupid at all? I'm sorry if it came out like that. I'm simply here to try to spread knowledge as much as learn more myself. I am not getting paid to do this, and of course if you do not wish to believe anything I've said, that is your right, no one will force you to care about anything. I just tried to help. Thank for commenting.

what would be a poor mans version of that food lay out?

The thing about a proper diet, is it will be the most expensive thing you use in order to attain what you want. More expensive than gear, gh, supplements, etc. I easily spend 250$ a week alone on food. I guess it is just something you have no notice is worth it or not and set your budget accordingly. Naturally the higher quality foods will be more expensive. Although there are ways to save money:

Buying in bulk
Buying from your local market
Hunting for wild game can be a great investment for meat. 1 catch of large game can last you a long time and is usually high quality meat.
Ordering frozen foods online
Paying more attention to specials and coupons at the groceries

gunsmith I follow the same guide line but my ratios end up being

1.5-1.75g Prot, 1.7 - 2 x bw carbs , fats from protein Training days

1.5-1.75 Prot, .5 bw carbs, fats from egg yolks, 20g omega 3s Off days

I train 4-8 reps 2-3 minute rest between sets growing about 1-2 lbs a week

This eating strategy and routine was made to progress in lifts, while utilizing carbs most effiently

gunsmith I follow the same guide line but my ratios end up being

1.5-1.75g Prot, 1.7 - 2 x bw carbs , fats from protein Training days

1.5-1.75 Prot, .5 bw carbs, fats from egg yolks, 20g omega 3s Off days

I train 4-8 reps 2-3 minute rest between sets growing about 1-2 lbs a week

This eating strategy and routine was made to progress in lifts, while utilizing carbs most effiently

If you would like to tweak and improve your diet you could list what foods you eat exactly, and I'd be glad to give you some advice. From what I see you are not getting enough variety in your fats. You should be looking at more fats from nuts, fish, and MCT's like coconut oil. This will improve your diet greatly, and you will store less fat and feel much healthier.

If you would like to tweak and improve your diet you could list what foods you eat exactly, and I'd be glad to give you some advice. From what I see you are not getting enough variety in your fats. You should be looking at more fats from nuts, fish, and MCT's like coconut oil. This will improve your diet greatly, and you will store less fat and feel much healthier.

I'm going to incorporate this some this comming week , going to cut one carb meal and replace those cals with coconut oil and half the fat in my higher fat meals with coconut oil

Traction , do you count coconut oil at 9 cals per gram , I've heard and read it's actually more like 6-7 cals per gram

I'm going to incorporate this some this comming week , going to cut one carb meal and replace those cals with coconut oil and half the fat in my higher fat meals with coconut oil

Traction , do you count coconut oil at 9 cals per gram , I've heard and read it's actually more like 6-7 cals per gram

The exact calculation is 8.3cal/g. Although the reason why dieting is a science is because 1 cal is not = to 1 cal. So that is why alot of calculations and personal experiments must be made to truly master the art of dieting. Example:

Let's say you were meant to eat 3200cal/day, but those 3200cals come entirely from a diet that consists of LCT's (Long-chain-triglycerides FAT) and processed sugars. Do you think it would have the same effect on weight gain and muscle gain as a diet as the one I posted? Also, everyone responds differently, as some people will absorb different nutrients at different levels. Gear, supplements, activity level, health condition, genetics, etc, all have effects on how the food will respond to you. You need to keep in the mind the estimated calories per day, are in fact an estimate. You need to play with them to perfect it for yourself.

Alot of people have been asking me question by PM, and I'm happy to help. But if other people have questions you should post them here, so everyone can benefit from the answers.

Here's a good article regarding healthy fats.

**broken link removed**

TractionIssues, could you post a sample o bulking diet?

TractionIssues, could you post a sample o bulking diet?

I personally do not believe in bulking diets. Fat gain does not directly lead to muslce gain. Most people's "bulking diets" are just another excuse for being lazy and eating fatty foods. If you wish to add extra calories to grow more mass, simply increase the amount of calories you intake while still keeping a healthy diet like the one I posted above - you will also gain more muscle and gain less fat than a "traditional bulking diet" because the proteins and nutrition will be of a higher quality and because your body will be healthier.

buming good info to the top

also i reworked my diet some to incorperate some coconut oil as a fat source , gonna give this a shot for a couple weeks and see how it works. Im lucky with my eating as i dont get any pleasure or satisfaction out of it , i eat because i need to not so much because i want to so eating the same shit day after day is a non issue for me. Like i mentioned before i cant tolerate rice to much , i can deal with a cup of oats a day but after about the third day its giving me bowel movement issues (to frequent) so i stick to sweet potatoes and fruit.

if you dont mind let me know what you think

Meal 1 :1.5 cup egg whites+4oz chredded chicken , 8oz Pineapple , 10g coconut oil , 30g local honey , 1 tablespoon apple cider viniger (oil honey&ACV are mixed in a drink) , 65g-P , 60g-C , 12g-F

Meal 2: 10 oz chicken or tilapia , 6oz sweet potatoes , 4oz strawberries 4oz cranberries ,70g-P , 50g-C , 5g-F

Meal 3 : 10oz chicken or tilapia , 10 oz sweet potatoes , 2 cups green beans , 70g-P , 50g carbs , 5g fat

Meal 4: 10oz chicken or tilapia , 2 cups spinach , 15g coconut oil , 1 tablespoon apple cider viniger (oil and ACV are mixed into a dressing for spinach) 70g-P , 2g-C , 15g-F

Meal 5 : (post workout) 35g whey isolate , 35g eggwhite protein shake , 70g-P , 3g-C , 2g-F

Meal 6 : 10oz 95% ground beef , 2 cups aspargus , 75g-P , 2g –C , 16g-F

Meal 7: 50g casine protein , 50g-P , 0g-C , 0g-F

Last edited:
buming good info to the top

also i reworked my diet some to incorperate some coconut oil as a fat source , gonna give this a shot for a couple weeks and see how it works. Im lucky with my eating as i dont get any pleasure or satisfaction out of it , i eat because i need to not so much because i want to so eating the same shit day after day is a non issue for me. Like i mentioned before i cant tolerate rice to much , i can deal with a cup of oats a day but after about the third day its giving me bowel movement issues (to frequent) so i stick to sweet potatoes and fruit.

if you dont mind let me know what you think

Meal 1 :1.5 cup egg whites+4oz chredded chicken , 8oz Pineapple , 10g coconut oil , 30g local honey , 1 tablespoon apple cider viniger (oil honey&ACV are mixed in a drink) , 65g-P , 60g-C , 12g-F

Is this from pre packaged chicken? You wanna watch for those because of nitrates, preservatives, and usually alot of sodium.

Meal 2: 10 oz chicken or tilapia , 6oz sweet potatoes , 4oz strawberries 4oz cranberries ,70g-P , 50g-C , 5g-F

Meal 3 : 10oz chicken or tilapia , 10 oz sweet potatoes , 2 cups green beans , 70g-P , 50g carbs , 5g fat

Meal 4: 10oz chicken or tilapia , 2 cups spinach , 15g coconut oil , 1 tablespoon apple cider viniger (oil and ACV are mixed into a dressing for spinach) 70g-P , 2g-C , 15g-F

Meal 5 : (post workout) 35g whey isolate , 35g eggwhite protein shake , 70g-P , 3g-C , 2g-F

I would suggest getting some carbs in this shake, it will help you build muscle, and while replenishing gylocogen will help transport nutrients and proteins into the muscle, increase absorption. The insulin spike from the carbohydrates will be at a minimum as they will be sent directly to the muscle. Do you not have time for a full meal here? It's far superior to shakes.

Meal 6 : 10oz 95% ground beef , 2 cups aspargus , 75g-P , 2g –C , 16g-F

Lower the amount of beef a slight bit and add in an avocado in my opinion.

Meal 7: 50g casine protein , 50g-P , 0g-C , 0g-F

I would intake some healthy fats here, MCT's before bed help keep your metabolism high and even burn fat while you sleep.

As for fasted cardio, I believe yes it will have some weight loss properties, but you must make sure to keep your heart rate slightly lower than your typical cardio workout or else I would fear losing muscle as well. Lower heart rate cardio targets fat cells more, as higher heart rate will want to look for the instant glycogen, and when there is none, it will try to convert it, with a lack of it, and no food in your system, your body will be burning muscle as well as fat to get that glycogen.

Protein shakes... I always smile at this question, but not I am not a big fan of protein shakes. The bioavailability of protein from whole foods will always be higher and will always grow muscle better than powders, but the most important factor I don't use shakes is for health. Now already, even if we eat as much as we do and try to get a wide variety of foods, it still isnt enough to get all of the adequate essential nutrients that our body needs, and synthetic supplements just don't cut it either. So it is important for health and performance to be doing everything possible to get those vital nutrients.

Here's an example:

1 shake, 2 large scoops protein of Gold standard Whey, rounded:
Protein 48g
Calcium 160mg
Iron .2mg

1 Tuna steak 150g, rounded:

Protein 45g
Omega 3's 7g
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.4 mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.5 mg
Niacin - 15 mg
Pantothenic Acid - 2mg
Vitamin B6 - .8 mg
Folate - 3 mcg
Vitamin B12 - 16 mcg
Vitamin A - 3800 IU
Potassium - 500 mg
Phosphorus - 500 mg
Calcium - 15 mg
Magnesium - 100 mg
Iron - 2 mg
Sodium - 75 mg
Manganese- 0.05 mg
Zinc - 1.5 mg
Copper - 0.2 mg
Selenium 100 mcg
Also contains trace amounts of other minerals and vitamins.

u recomed cardio on empty stomic ???

what would u recommend for somebody thats trying to gain weight and is already really lean ?

I would follow a diet in the same fashion, but simply increase the amount of calories.

u recomed cardio on empty stomic ???

I replied to this in an earlier post I believe. I personally would avoid it, as training cardio in a lower cardiac range will target mainly target fat anyway. If you were to train at a higher cardiac range where it would target glycogen in the muscles, it would drop you into a catabolic state, which would most surely make you lose some muscle if not at least halt muscle gain. It might be less apparent if on high doses of gear, though.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws