over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tips to eat 4,000 calories a day

But why would you wanna do this? This makes no sense.

Just garbage/sugar processed foods.

Some peoples "bulk" diets are just shit on here with no care what there doing to there bodies.

Just think healthy fats

Lol

The question is how to hit 4k calories easier. If you wanna do your bulk at WholeFoods that's up to you bro.

It's a bodybuilding forum.

1 avocado is around 300 calories "depending on size" and 1 cup of mixed nuts is around 800 "depending on the mix". Right there is an easy 1,100. The nuts I eat throughout the day, not all at once. Just something to snack on

Whiskey

I eat a lot of lavash flat breads with milanesa (thin slice lowfat beef),guacamole, and salsa. The flat breads half a lot of fiber but you can eat a lot of them. I also use a lot of egg beaters. You can cram protein in quick. If your fat adapted add in MCT oil in your shakes.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

Dunno but I could do it in one meal. Try more red meat and to make your food taste better.

I do a weight gainer shake when bulking if I need the extra calories. Add peanut butter and a banana and milk and it’s like an easy 1000-1200 calories

My problem is keeping the protein in range while increasing the calories. When I do 5K+ calories, it usually comes out to 400-450g protein a day

Powered peanut butter. PB Fit. Does not 'clump', easy to mix. Got it at Costco.
Used it this morning in my oatmeal.

Liquid calories
Exactly! Eat your meal first then have a tasty blended shake with protein powder, fruit, peanut butter, raw egg. It’s easy to get tasty liquid shake down after you’re done eating.

Progressively increase portion sizes, then add a meal, then increase portions, rinse and repeat until able to utilize the food and at your intake as needed.

You gotta incrementally increase it, just like weights. Appetite should follow. If not, evaluate your training and food choices to make sure they're acceptable for your goals and gut motility.

This. The vertical diet had worked well for me because of the attention to easy nutrient uptake and attention to digestive health. I don't follow to a T, but using it as a foundation keeps me hungry damn near all day.

PWO eat 3 McDoubles from mdconalds. $3 and 1200 calories. Almost 1/3 there in one meal lol

When I first started dc training (I'm in no way connecting the training to the way I ate lol) 6 of them was my standard post workout :confused:

why 4k calories?
i do NOT suggest taking in more than @500 cals above maintenace.
zero reason to. in fact i think it would be counter productive.
-F2S

alot of great info in this thread

decide what your macro ratios are going to be
..then break down the 4000 calories into 4 easy meals of 1000 calories each

FOR EXAMPLE:
if breakfast is at 9am ..then next meal will be 12noon ..next at 3pm (..post workout) ..last one at 6pm
^^^almost seems like not enough, when you put it this way

paraphrasing something i read bboy post "..if your training hard/intense enough, then you should be starving & devouring food"
^^^i agree 100%

..good luck brother

paraphrasing something i read bboy post "..if your training hard/intense enough, then you should be starving & devouring food"
^^^i agree 100%

..good luck brother
Goes along with Phil Hernon's saying "eat when you are hungry".

I work 5 to 6 12's per week so I hear you loud and clear. Its a struggle some days. As far as shakes go, I use MRE by redcon and its a lifesaver for me. 525 cals, 50 g protein and 75 g carbs from all whole food sources. I also use a meal prep service that a friend of mine runs for 2 meals a day. That leaves me maybe 2 meals to prep on my own, eggs and oatmeal upon waking which takes no time and ground beef and rice before bed which is equally fast if not faster. Beyond that I try to keep tuna packets and clif bars with me at all times just in case.

Im not a high fat guy but if you just need cals I would push the butters and oils and add some to each meal. Easy way to add 500+ cals to your day

Replace existing protein sources with fattier cuts or beef such as ribeye, chuck roast, or brisket.

add olive oil or a scoop of cream cheese to every meal.

and as others have said...make the meals progressively larger

Progressively increase portion sizes, then add a meal, then increase portions, rinse and repeat until able to utilize the food and at your intake as needed.

You gotta incrementally increase it, just like weights. Appetite should follow. If not, evaluate your training and food choices to make sure they're acceptable for your goals and gut motility.

Once my training intensity is "full bore" I find my appetite drops. I always assumed this was a sign I was "overtraining"?

What’s up bodybuilding family. I am 43. NPC Classic Physique athlete. I have finally qualified for Jr. Nationals 2020 and I know I need to add some quality muscle for next year. What are some tips you guys can suggest to get the calories in? I understand the importance of food when it comes to gaining qualify muscle.
Any good weight gainer shakes anyone suggest?
What small things do you add to meals to pack on calories?
Does anyone use digestive enzymes? Do they help break down the food?
I am extremely focused on make vast improvements and wanted to hear what others do to get those calories down.
Thanks guys!!!

I should also say that I know to get those calories. Not all my meals can be clean but I don’t want to go crazy with the cheat meals. Thank you.
Eat cheesburgers until you puke then eat more

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926