advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

torn bicep tendon and aas for repairs. advice needed..

wizim

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
so i tore my left distal bicep tendon. its a "severe partial tear".
the radiologist who read the MRI told my wife (my wife works in the radiology dept) that it is "hanging on by a string, tell him not to lift ANYTHING".

i met with the orthopedic surgeon, a very well known surgeon who treats two of the local professional teams (1 nfl football and pro baseball) said no surgery for now "unless it pops during rehab" he also went on to say that if it does pop "dont panic, just call me and we will set up surgery over the phone".

my question is...

i am on trt and have been since january of 2012. currently running 200mg test e, 150 mg deca and 3 iu's rips. the hgh protocal has been mon-fri. i decided i would run the hgh 7 days/week. after lots of research it appears deca is actually the only compound that will actually help with tendon repair. should i continue at the low dose of deca? should i up the dose?

i can start rehab in about 5 days. it will be self rehab using light weight high reps as prescribed by the ortho. and will be a 16 week rehab.

thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

Shit man....feels like just yesterday I watched that clip of your quad tear on squats. You are having a bad run huh, best of luck going foward.

That sucks. I'd drop the test in half, keep the deca and switch to pharma grade HGH if I could.

Shit man....feels like just yesterday I watched that clip of your quad tear on squats. You are having a bad run huh, best of luck going foward.
yeah, that was about 16 months ago. im almost 100% as far as the quad. it tore at 415# squat. so far im back to 395# without really working on finding a 1rm. but...for the next 4 months every day is leg day. lol!

this injury came at the end of a 1 hour olympic lifting session. the last set was 10 reps of 265# power cleans. it tore on the LAST rep!! go fucking figure!

Last edited:
That sucks. I'd drop the test in half, keep the deca and switch to pharma grade HGH if I could.
i have big hesitation dropping test lower or as low as deca. bro science says always run test higher than deca. pharm grade hgh isnt really an option as i have quite of supply of rips on hand. that and i dont have a source for pharm grade.

do you agree that deca will be good for tendon repair?

as far as i can tell hgh wont help in the repair of tendons but it sure cant hurt so rather than upping my daily dose ill just add the weekends to my protocol increasing the weekly dose to 21 iu rather than 15iu.

here is the reference to deca and tendon repair that i came across.

Nandrolone decanoate and load increase - PubMed Mobile

Nandrolone decanoate and load increase remodeling and strength in human supraspinatus bioartificial tendons.

AuthorsTriantafillopoulos IK,et al. Show allJournal
Am J Sports Med. 2004 Jun;32(4):934-43.

Affiliation
Abstract
BACKGROUND: To date, no studies document the effect of anabolic steroids on rotator cuff tendons.

STUDY DESIGN: Controlled laboratory study.

HYPOTHESIS: Anabolic steroids enhance remodeling and improve the biomechanical properties of bioartificially engineered human supraspinatus tendons.

METHODS: Bioartificial tendons were treated with either nandrolone decanoate (nonload, steroid, n = 18), loading (load, nonsteroid, n = 18), or both (load, steroid, n = 18). A control group received no treatment (nonload, nonsteroid [NLNS], n = 18). Bioartificial tendons' remodeling was assessed by daily scanning, cytoskeletal organization by staining, matrix metalloproteinase-3 levels by ELISA assay, and biomechanical properties by load-to-failure testing.

RESULTS: The load, steroid group showed the greatest remodeling and the best organized actin cytoskeleton. Matrix metallo-proteinase-3 levels in the load, steroid group were greater than those of the nonload, nonsteroid group (P <.05). Ultimate stress and ultimate strain in the load, steroid group were greater than those of the nonload, nonsteroid and nonload, steroid groups (P <.05). The strain energy density in the load, steroid group was greater when compared to other groups (P <.05).

CONCLUSIONS: Nandrolone decanoate and load acted synergistically to increase matrix remodeling and biomechanical properties of bioartificial tendons.

CLINICAL RELEVANCE: Data suggest anabolic steroids may enhance production of bioartificial tendons and rotator cuff tendon healing in vitro. More research is necessary before such clinical use is recommended.

PMID15150040 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Full text: HighWire
Related CitationsShow all
The effect of local use of nandrolone decanoate on rotator cuff repair in rabbits.
The effect of matrix metalloproteinase inhibition on tendon-to-bone healing in a rotator cuff repair model.
Rotator cuff muscles lose responsiveness to anabolic steroids after tendon tear and musculotendinous retraction: an experimental study in sheep.
Anabolic steroids reduce muscle damage caused by rotator cuff tendon release in an experimental study in rabbits.
The effects of augmentation with Swine small intestine submucosa on tendon healing under tension: histologic and mechanical evaluations in sheep.

yeah, that was about 16 months ago. im almost 100% as far as the quad. it tore at 415# squat. so far im back to 395# without really working on finding a 1rm. but...for the next 4 months every day is leg day. lol!

Yeah I`ve been there^^lol

One rep maxs at our age would scare the crap out of me.

i have big hesitation dropping test lower or as low as deca. bro science says always run test higher than deca. pharm grade hgh isnt really an option as i have quite of supply of rips on hand. that and i dont have a source for pharm grade.

do you agree that deca will be good for tendon repair?

Well, if it's true that test decreases collagen synthesis, I'd want it as low as possible. Could even drop it entirely until recovered. Even heard that deca lowers collagen as well.

I don't like broscience and UG drugs when it comes to serious health matters.

I don't know. Maybe I'd talk to my doctor and follow his advice strictly.

Well, if it's true that test decreases collagen synthesis, I'd want it as low as possible. Could even drop it entirely until recovered. Even heard that deca lowers collagen as well.

I don't like broscience and UG drugs when it comes to serious health matters.

I don't know. Maybe I'd talk to my doctor and follow his advice strictly.

the article that i posted says deca helps strengthen/repair tendons.
im on galenika test e and have been for 2 years so no worries about ug lab there. since im on trt coming off test all together is out of the question. the deca is ug and like i said im more than satisfied with the rips.

i am self prescribed trt. i didnt share my use with the orthopedic surgeon but he is strictly a sports orthopedic and he is no dummy.

Last edited:
There are studies saying the opposite about deca too...

When I wrote UG, I was talking precisely about the deca and the rips.

I'm not sure if you really want different opinions or simply people to tell you to up your deca dose, which can't go over 200mg anyway, per your broscience rule. Unless, of course, you up your test too, which is probably not good.

Well, good luck.

Time heals all wounds. I would just keep running the dosages your are

i would keep the same regiment but would had some peptides(cjc with DAC, ghrp's and or igf-1 lr3)

Bro what the hell, you have he worst luck. I think it's time to chill with the crossfit high volume stuff.

Bro what the hell, you have he worst luck. I think it's time to chill with the crossfit high volume stuff.
actually this happened during at the end (lat fucking rep) of an olympic lifting session. i was plenty warm. previous movements were of the snatch variety then moved into cleans/power cleans.
maybe at 42 i should stop trying to lift heavy shit but i dont see that happening.
so far in ~6 years ive never been injured during a "crossfit" workout.

I don't think you need to increase it. Might not hurt but I think 150 will do the trick.
I tore my left ACL last may and had surgery in July.
I dropped the blast I was doing as soon as the injury happened and ran 250mg of test per week. The week after surgery I added DECA in at 150mg per week.
Now, I worked my pre hab and rehab like it was my job but I'm convinced the DECA helped a ton. I was weeks ahead of schedule compared to the average acl tear. I am seen and had surgery at a top university sports medicine institution that only sees sports injuries. My surgeon, his pa and my PT are all amazed at my recovery.

Oh I also ran a mg of lr3 the 2 weeks I was able to start any kind of weight bearing activity.

I'm now 6 months out and I'm pulling over 400 off the floor and squatting 315 ass to ankles.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I don't think you need to increase it. Might not hurt but I think 150 will do the trick.
I tore my left ACL last may and had surgery in July.
I dropped the blast I was doing as soon as the injury happened and ran 250mg of test per week. The week after surgery I added DECA in at 150mg per week.
Now, I worked my pre hab and rehab like it was my job but I'm convinced the DECA helped a ton. I was weeks ahead of schedule compared to the average acl tear. I am seen and had surgery at a top university sports medicine institution that only sees sports injuries. My surgeon, his pa and my PT are all amazed at my recovery.

Oh I also ran a mg of lr3 the 2 weeks I was able to start any kind of weight bearing activity.

I'm now 6 months out and I'm pulling over 400 off the floor and squatting 315 ass to ankles.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
thanks for the input man.
i think i will keep running the test at 200 and deca at 150 with 3iu's/day 7 days/week.
i can start rehab 5 days. 4 actually but im going to wait until monday. im doing self rehab prescribed by my ortho. i did the same with my quad tear. i cant see taking the time out of my day to go to a rehab center so some chick/dude that doesnt even lift can tell me how to do what i already know. the surgeon has already given me a 16 week plan to follow. i have every intention of blowing his mind with a speedy recovery as i did with the quad.

im bummed about the whole deal though. jan 2nd i was supposed to start a serious 4 month plan which included 3 competitions.
1 crossfit comp on jan 22nd
1 power lifting comp feb 22nd and the open for the crossfit games on feb 27th with regionals on the weekend of may 9-11.
i was planning to compete in the masters division (mens 40-44) this year to see how far i could make it. my buddy won 1st place "fittest man on the planet" masters division last year. another buddy came in third. the winner also tore his bicep tendon a couple of months ago. he had surgery so i didnt have to worry about competing against him lol!
maybe next year!

Had a partial pec-tear last april. Immediately switched to putting the gh I had into pec. Ordered a whole 10-kit of Mgf, and 4-5 vials of thymosin beta 4. All of that went into pec as well. Been 9 months and alls well, looks a little funky shape wise. Kind of a gap on outside. Strength levels are very close to being what they were pre injury. Must admit that I get a bit nervous going heavy, but am up to 3 plates a side on most machines and have done incline flies with the 70's for 15. I also changed my rep scheme to a 15 to 20 rep set on most things, including rest of physique.

I also changed my rep scheme to a 15 to 20 rep set on most things, including rest of physique.
prescribed rehab is 3 sets of 25 reps for 1 month. any movement that activates the bicep is 3x25.
month 2 3x20
moth 3 3x15 etc.

I was thinking the same thing. Sucks to hear your having a rough time with these injuries.. Good luck healing up

Power lifters actually get stronger as they get older. I've lifted with a 60 year old woman who out squatted me And have seen like an actual geriatric dead lift at a powerlifting meet. Maybe it's the speed of Olympic lifts that are the problem, good luck. Keep us Informed.

I hope you don't use the rings for anything else other than pull ups.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner