over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training question...

bigbadasian

Slant-eyed mutha fucka
Registered
|--[\\\\]>---------- HOw many of you switch feet positions when doing calves? I used to, now i have just strictly kept my feet standard (standing) position. I find it difficult to point my feet inwards especially, and outward feels a bit awkward to me too.

I switch from toes inward, outward and straight. For heaviest weight I have toes outward.

xcel

jawbreakerkid said:
since when do you train calves?

|--[\\\]>--------- Since i moved down here and cant wear pants anymore and have to wear shorts! they are actually coming along great...too bad i broke my ankle twice, i could have been doing this long time ago

I dont switch. I kind of avoid exercises where you are twisting joints into semi-unnatural positions and the bearing weight (behind the neck stuff too).
Doesnt mean about ALL exercises - there is a point to toes out legwork, hitting the Vastus Medius (teardrop).
In the end I think its just an individual choice.

Staight

Keep em straight just mix up your movements and go fucking heavy your calves can handle much more weight then you might think,, yet a small muscle group there actually very strong for there size , ive found footing is erelavent to calve growth .

Calves..

I don't like to place torque on the knee and ankle.. so I usually just place emphasis on different parts of the foot as I raise. Do a set concentrating on raising on your big toe and then one on your little toe. I think you'll feel similar to changing foot positions but be much less susceptible to an injury.

Same position Heavy weight, I'm afraid if I do heavy weight with my toes other than under my knees I'll hurt myself. J.R.

According to my Kinesiology professor, pointing toes in or out is bad for your "Q angle". ( the way your hips curve your feet together). Heavy calf raise pointed in or out could cause problems in your hips. I graduated a while ago theories may have changed.
May suggest calf injections?
Something I learned from my massage girl is that if you soke your legs up to your knees in the hot tub then do you calves you should see better growth. Due to the heat of the pool allowing the fascia around the legs to expand and stretch easier. Seems to be working for me.
BBA, if you like I'm still for hire. I offer a special discount for people who drive Escalades.

warming the fascia..

anything that increases body temperature and blood flow should help to loosen the fascia... it's similar to a saran wrap around each muscle fiber and group.. a hot tub certainly would not hurt.. but, not sure that it would be any more effective than a few minutes of a warm up on a tread mill or bike.. or just rubbing the calf .. of course.. I would think that the hot tub would be more enjoyable.. :D

definitely.. doing calf raises as I stated before.. puts too much torque on the joints.. all the way from the hip to the ankle.. it's bound to cause problems eventually.

According to that silly bastard that's always at the Arnold, the one with the rediculous calfs. He says just like any other muscle do them slow and excentuate the stretch at the bottom. Hold it for a 3-4 count at top and bottom. Keep them straight!

I think everyone knows the guy I'm talking about. Has the long hair, wears the silly tights. Has his little booth with his equipment. Nice guy just really silly.

Armageddon

Armageddon said:
According to that silly bastard that's always at the Arnold, the one with the rediculous calfs. He says just like any other muscle do them slow and excentuate the stretch at the bottom. Hold it for a 3-4 count at top and bottom. Keep them straight!

I think everyone knows the guy I'm talking about. Has the long hair, wears the silly tights. Has his little booth with his equipment. Nice guy just really silly.

You must be talking about Roger Stewart. Although his calves are very good, they aren't huge, but they do have fantastic shape.

OK - you people convinced me.

I just read some time ago that moving feet position hit the muscle differently. When I move positions I can feel it in different parts of calf.

I had to work 'em today and just kept 'em pointed straight. The method armageddon described is DC's protocol :confused:

xcel

rotation of the legs/ feet will not have a effect on calf development.. since the calves do not attach into the hips which are responsible for the foot rotation, it is pointless.. that being said, all that is needed is to change how you roll up onto your feet.. this is what xcel is feeling..keep the load over the big toe versus over the pinky toe.. people got the idea that they can effect the stress of the calf by pointing the feet one way or another because one would naturally roll over the big toe or the pinky toe with the load because of the position of the body.. the same effect can happen by putting your feet straight but, just rolling onto the big or little toe.. much safer on the hips.. all that aside.. i belive that if you put the feet forward and roll up evenly you will get complete development.. just pile on the weight..

Dammit

LATS said:
rotation of the legs/ feet will not have a effect on calf development.. since the calves do not attach into the hips which are responsible for the foot rotation, it is pointless.. that being said, all that is needed is to change how you roll up onto your feet.. this is what xcel is feeling..keep the load over the big toe versus over the pinky toe.. people got the idea that they can effect the stress of the calf by pointing the feet one way or another because one would naturally roll over the big toe or the pinky toe with the load because of the position of the body.. the same effect can happen by putting your feet straight but, just rolling onto the big or little toe.. much safer on the hips.. all that aside.. i belive that if you put the feet forward and roll up evenly you will get complete development.. just pile on the weight..

Lats, do you have ESPN or something? I was just gonna say the same thing!

yep.. they's saids i's psycotic or sumpin'..:D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner