Training split

Yes. My split is:
  • Quads
  • Shoulders
  • Arms
  • Glutes & hamstrings
  • Chest
  • Back
I don't have fixed days for training - I typically train 3 on 1 off but that's not a hard rule, I just take off days as I feel I need them. When my rebound gets going strong I'll probably have some stretches of 10-14 days in a row training.
Cool, and are you a high volume guy(less to failure)? Or more a topset/backoff set-up?

Cool, and are you a high volume guy(less to failure)? Or more a topset/backoff set-up?
Mix of both. Main movements I do top set and back off, others get more volume.

One of the big reasons I've made so much progress with bodybuilding is I don't overthink this stuff. You post a lot of threads, ask a lot of questions, and if you look at my post history you'll see I've very rarely done that even when I started out here. Getting huge and / or shredded is simple - pick your course of action, takes notes on how it works out, keep refining those methods, and over time you'll master your body and be able to do anything you want. Don't waste time looking for a magic bullet, there isn't one.

Mix of both. Main movements I do top set and back off, others get more volume.

One of the big reasons I've made so much progress with bodybuilding is I don't overthink this stuff. You post a lot of threads, ask a lot of questions, and if you look at my post history you'll see I've very rarely done that even when I started out here. Getting huge and / or shredded is simple - pick your course of action, takes notes on how it works out, keep refining those methods, and over time you'll master your body and be able to do anything you want. Don't waste time looking for a magic bullet, there isn't one.
Yea you are right for sure!

Switching up my routine to train around some injuries currently...plan to go bro split so I can just focus on stimulating each part the best I can.

Delts
Legs
Chest
Back
Arms
Off 30 cardio
Off 90 minutes hiking

I like to expirament may try splitting legs or arms to make it 6 days, then toss in the cardio after training. Prefer shorter workouts vs ppl or fb

PPL 4 or 5 days per week currently. Depending on how I feel/recover.

Pretty low volume, everything to (close) failure.

Full body, 3X per week.

An hour, no problemo.

Stay focused, don’t fuck around, talk to people, admire yourself in the mirror; move briskly between the exercises, and keep your rest between sets at about 30 secs, legs about a minute. And this is two exercises per body part, 1 - 2, never more 3 sets per exercise. Train smart, figure things out, how you can work opposing body parts back to back, look for open machines / exercises (this will give you all the variety you need), etc. This young man I am training now is does this and he is growing like a weed.

Am not saying it is easy, it never is, but you will adapt.

Could you please give me a full week of your workouts? Or does every workout look the same? I'd burn out doing full body three times per week, but I'm a sucker for working out heavy and to failure (and beyond with partials, forced reps etc).

But I always like to learn more ;-).

Push/pull/legs (quad focused)/off/push Pull/legs (hamstring focused)/off

The off days move around depending on how I feel and how life is going.

Current split:

Saturday - chest and delts
Sunday - legs(quad focus)
Monday - off (total off 1 day a week, a swimming pool or a bike ride a relaxation day - I think everyone needs such a day a week)
Tuesday - back
Wednesday - arms + a very light chest
Thursday - hamstrings, glutes, lower back, calves
Friday - off

cardio up to date 6x a week 40 minutes of treadmill on an empty stomach heart rate 120-140 + 12-15k steps (counted for everything including the treadmill)

abs 3x a week
forearms 2x a week

Chest back and forearms
legs
delts and arms.
every other day. Actually loving this at the minute. Low ish volume fairly high reps with around a 4 second tempo.
had to significantly drop the weight I was using but I’m happy as my joints don’t like heavy any more.
about 6-8 sets per body part

Current split:

Saturday - chest and delts
Sunday - legs(quad focus)
Monday - off (total off 1 day a week, a swimming pool or a bike ride a relaxation day - I think everyone needs such a day a week)
Tuesday - back
Wednesday - arms + a very light chest
Thursday - hamstrings, glutes, lower back, calves
Friday - off

cardio up to date 6x a week 40 minutes of treadmill on an empty stomach heart rate 120-140 + 12-15k steps (counted for everything including the treadmill)

abs 3x a week
forearms 2x a week
How a typical workout for a wellness girl should looks like accordingly to your experience?

I rotate between

Monday - Back
Tuesday - Chest/Delts
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Arms

and

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Back
Wednesday - Delts
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Arms

Not exciting but it gets the job done

My current split

Monday: Chest/Delts
Tuesday: Legs hams focus/1-2 lat or quad ex
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Arms/1 rear delt ex
Friday: Legs quads focus/1 ham ex
Saturday: Back
Sunday: Off

Calves 3 times a week
Abs 2 times a week

This is correct.

Training for hypertrophy is all about feeling the squeeze and stretch in the muscle. If you can't feel that then you're not stimulating the muscle and won't grow optimally. Don't even think in terms of exercises - think in terms of I want to stress the muscles through this plane and that plane and I will use whatever movement gets that done. This is why you see very advanced guys using partial range of motion, weird movements, etc. - they've figured out what works best for them.

Trial and error is key. Find the movements that you feel the best in your muscles and get as strong as possible on them - that's how you get huge.
The best results I've had. Are a heavy RP set. Than half the weight a set of just squeezing and feeling the muscle I'm targeting move the weight.

Monday - Chest Tri
Tuesday - Back Bi
Wednesday - Outdoor cardio or off
Thursday - Legs Shoulders
Friday - Outdoor cardio
Saturday - Full Body
Sunday- off usually, maybe some outdoor cardio depending on the previous weeks activity and how I feel

In terms of overall health and just being in the best physical shape I can be in this has been the best split by far that I have ever done.

The weekday workouts are 5 sets for the main + 3 sets for the secondary. High intensity last set to failure or near. get in get out. The weekend full body workout is usually 3-5 sets per body part head to toe again trying to be as high intensity as possible.

Cardio is usually 30 minutes in the park interval running. Just love running outside when it’s nice out. Just puts me in a good mood.

Tri/back/traps
Rest
Chest/bi/lats
Rest
Quads/hams/calves
Rest
Delts (when I do delts I can’t lift anything else)

After almost two years of full body mostly I'm back to doing what worked when I put on most of my muscle in my twenties....

Workout 1: legs/back (learned this from Nasser in 2005 and never looked back)

Workout 2: Chest/Shoulders/Arms

Take 1-2 days of rest between workouts so essentially an EOD to E3D routine. When I competed at 198, bulked up to 272, and everything in between...I always came back to this split. I remember watching Nasser doing legs/back and it made so much sense because watching him do it you could see (and it makes practical sense) your back and legs are so tied together that working them together "felt right".

And as always, low to moderate volume (as far as sets), but higher reps. I've been doing a lot of experimenting and it's been fun without having a real "plan", but now I'm going back to my roots.

After almost two years of full body mostly I'm back to doing what worked when I put on most of my muscle in my twenties....

Workout 1: legs/back (learned this from Nasser in 2005 and never looked back)

Workout 2: Chest/Shoulders/Arms

Take 1-2 days of rest between workouts so essentially an EOD to E3D routine. When I competed at 198, bulked up to 272, and everything in between...I always came back to this split. I remember watching Nasser doing legs/back and it made so much sense because watching him do it you could see (and it makes practical sense) your back and legs are so tied together that working them together "felt right".

And as always, low to moderate volume (as far as sets), but higher reps. I've been doing a lot of experimenting and it's been fun without having a real "plan", but now I'm going back to my roots.

If you get a chance do you mind posting a sample of one of your training days? I always find methods like this fascinating.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear