over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite training split thread

Ya that’s awesome

I find that style training interesting

At the moment im training my whole body over 2 days with a break day whenever needed.

I just dont feel the need to do more then a few (working) sets per bodypart with my lifestyle
I second this. Always more interested in training threads than AAS peptide anti e topics.

One of the best for me is this

Push/Pull/Legs

Monday: train
Tuesday: train
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: train
Friday: train
Saturday: train
Sunday: rest

2 variations for push/pull/legs and just keep rotating around so everything gets trained every 4-5 days.

Abs 1 day/Calves the next trainingday. So 2-3 times a week for abs/calves.

I’m trying to get into the 600lb deadlift + 6 minute mile club, so I have arranged my split to have a deadlift specific day without totally wrecking my general BB work.

Chest/shoulder/biceps
Legs (lighter on the hams this day)
Off
Back/triceps+deadlift programming
Off
Repeat.

One of the best for me is this

Push/Pull/Legs

Monday: train
Tuesday: train
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: train
Friday: train
Saturday: train
Sunday: rest

2 variations for push/pull/legs and just keep rotating around so everything gets trained every 4-5 days.

Abs 1 day/Calves the next trainingday. So 2-3 times a week for abs/calves.
Don’t you do more of a typical bodybuilding split these days or are you doing PPL again?

I usually like this slight variation from the norm

Chest + Shoulders (no tri)
Legs (rotate primary focus each leg day)
Back + Rear Delt (no bi)
Arms

Rest

Repeat

Will do...I was going to make a thread about it. @b-boy turned me on to it and I've loved it. I do rotate...sometimes. Sometimes I keep going if I'm progressing and will literally do the same movements 5 days in a row. I was also at a point where I think super high frequency was something my body was ready for. Maybe this is a forever thing, or maybe not. There are a food good threads but I was going to make one as well.

I'd be interested in hearing more on this as well.

Don’t you do more of a typical bodybuilding split these days or are you doing PPL again?
Back to this PPL split now for a offseason push.

For last prep and after that I did more like this.

Mon: Chest/Shoulders
Tues: Hams/Lats/Glutes
Wed: Rest
Thur: Arms
Fri: Legs quad focus
Sat: Back
Sun: Rest

Back to this PPL split now for a offseason push.

For last prep and after that I did more like this.

Mon: Chest/Shoulders
Tues: Hams/Lats/Glutes
Wed: Rest
Thur: Arms
Fri: Legs quad focus
Sat: Back
Sun: Rest
You have a killer physique man you should make a progress log.

For years I had the mindset that a routine had to "fit" into a 7 day week. Just a mindset thing I guess. I'm liking 2 on 1 off, forget what days. More flexible can take a day of as needed and not worry about missing that part for an entire week. Can also shift to 1 on 1 off easily if sleep is poor or feeling under recovered

Legs/Push/Pull/off/repeat. I only do 2 separate routines for legs; for push and pull same workouts repeated over and over again. I basically constructed my routine based on Stan Efferding and Dr. Mike's recommendations... very little barbell work (paused SLDLs and paused barbell rows), mostly machines, some dumbbells, and some bodyweight exercises. Never train more than an hour at a time.

Best I've felt and best gains I've been making in years. I wish I would have started training like this a long time ago, but having started as an olympic lifter I had a weird psychological attachment to barbells as being somehow better than other things. For hypetrophy training, this is just not the case.

Legs/Push/Pull/off/repeat. I only do 2 separate routines for legs; for push and pull same workouts repeated over and over again. I basically constructed my routine based on Stan Efferding and Dr. Mike's recommendations... very little barbell work (paused SLDLs and paused barbell rows), mostly machines, some dumbbells, and some bodyweight exercises. Never train more than an hour at a time.

Best I've felt and best gains I've been making in years. I wish I would have started training like this a long time ago, but having started as an olympic lifter I had a weird psychological attachment to barbells as being somehow better than other things. For hypetrophy training, this is just not the case.
I do something similar currently-Legs/Pull/Push/off. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. What are your sets/reps/rest time/any certain tempo(ie. 3 second negative-1pause-2positive)? Thanks for sharing Bro!!

I am currently doing this :

Monday : Chest
Tuesday : Back
Wednesday : Arms
Thursday : Legs
Friday : Shoulders
Saturday : Rest
Sunday : Rest

And cardio according to current goals.

I've been using for the last years, and am loving it.

I do something similar currently-Legs/Pull/Push/off. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. What are your sets/reps/rest time/any certain tempo(ie. 3 second negative-1pause-2positive)? Thanks for sharing Bro!!
Something more along the lines of Dr. Mike's recommendations, but I don't increase or decrease the number of sets and just get higher volume through adding reps every week. So 3 sets with a few RIR each set and just gradually add reps each week and decrease RIR then increase weights and start the process over again. Broadly, 10-20 reps. But more like 15-30 for legs.

Tempo almost everything paused and slow eccentric around 4 seconds and concentric always as fast as possible.

I am currently doing this :

Monday : Chest
Tuesday : Back
Wednesday : Arms
Thursday : Legs
Friday : Shoulders
Saturday : Rest
Sunday : Rest

And cardio according to current goals.

I've been using for the last years, and am loving it.
I tried the 5 on 2 off recently realized my body didn't recover well from 5 straight. Had to switch to 2 on 2 off. I think it was Chris aceto who once reccomend no more than 2 days in a row

How many of you have tried training 4 times per week?

I know @b-boy really believes in this and the results show lol. For me 4 times always feels a bit on the low side because I enjoy training so much. On the other hand, if it gives you the best gains...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131