over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The OG training thread.

Great thread giving this a bump. Question for some of the advanced guys, do you find value in "finishers"? I use them just because I like saving something for the very end to really destroy the muscle. Love up and down the rack for partials with delts like described here. Thinking of maybe adding in some fst 7...Curious to hear how some of you guys "finish" a muscle if you do

Great thread giving this a bump. Question for some of the advanced guys, do you find value in "finishers"? I use them just because I like saving something for the very end to really destroy the muscle. Love up and down the rack for partials with delts like described here. Thinking of maybe adding in some fst 7...Curious to hear how some of you guys "finish" a muscle if you do
Never do anything like you're thinking of in terms of running the rack, 5 drops, partial reps, etc. Sometimes I'll do a rest-pause on the last set of a big movement like leg press.

For most muscle groups my last exercise is an easier movement that's all about the squeeze because I want to ensure I fully exhaust the muscle but I don't do anything special with reps or sets for that.

I know I’ve covered this on here so others can share how they do it.

But for me by the end of my workout the heavy lifting is done. The deeper I get into my workout the more controlled the movements become even if it means dropping the weight slightly.

Remember as Hany says “stimulate, not annihilate the muscle”.

Shoulders are an explosive muscle group so doing something like walk the rack at the end is a great movement for that type of muscle group.

I think to do what you’re wanting you should buy one of Meadow’s programs (creeping death) or get an FST 7 template of Hany’s and give it a go. It’ll help you understand the time and place for those exercises and movements.

After years of lifting you should have intuitive training, meaning you’ll know what to do and when as you’ll know your body.

Yes love em giants and drops. Used to do fst-7 a lot like a decade ago but I am still a believer in it especially for smaller muscle groups

Never do anything like you're thinking of in terms of running the rack, 5 drops, partial reps, etc. Sometimes I'll do a rest-pause on the last set of a big movement like leg press.

For most muscle groups my last exercise is an easier movement that's all about the squeeze because I want to ensure I fully exhaust the muscle but I don't do anything special with reps or sets for that.
Good stuff thank you. I also like to use mountain dog principles and find a last exercise that really stretches the muscle. Also really like Seth sets. Go to failure, half the weight, then double the reps.

I know I’ve covered this on here so others can share how they do it.

But for me by the end of my workout the heavy lifting is done. The deeper I get into my workout the more controlled the movements become even if it means dropping the weight slightly.

Remember as Hany says “stimulate, not annihilate the muscle”.

Shoulders are an explosive muscle group so doing something like walk the rack at the end is a great movement for that type of muscle group.

I think to do what you’re wanting you should buy one of Meadow’s programs (creeping death) or get an FST 7 template of Hany’s and give it a go. It’ll help you understand the time and place for those exercises and movements.

After years of lifting you should have intuitive training, meaning you’ll know what to do and when as you’ll know your body.
Yeah love John's stuff particularly his arm workouts and exercise sequencing. If I'm being honest... I've viewed creeping death..great program but I think it's a ppl and I've never been able to enjoy that type I just have the mindset of destroying 1-2 body parts. I'm going to look into his stuff more I think one of his programs is a bro split...can never get enough of John's content. Tried fst7 years ago and didn't like it...but back then I had no concept of mind muscle connection so that was probably my issue lol

Yes love em giants and drops. Used to do fst-7 a lot like a decade ago but I am still a believer in it especially for smaller muscle groups
Love me some drop sets. Sometimes I have to resist the temptation to make every set I do a drop set. When you use giant sets as a finisher is it just 1 round?

I believe Milos does 1-2 heavy movement then finishes with 4 rounds of giant sets. Bbextreme posted a great video a while back where Milos talks about his training style.. pure gold.

Yeah love John's stuff particularly his arm workouts and exercise sequencing. If I'm being honest... I've viewed creeping death..great program but I think it's a ppl and I've never been able to enjoy that type I just have the mindset of destroying 1-2 body parts. I'm going to look into his stuff more I think one of his programs is a bro split...can never get enough of John's content. Tried fst7 years ago and didn't like it...but back then I had no concept of mind muscle connection so that was probably my issue lol
Creeping death 1 which I prefer and is one of my favorite programs is a 5 day bro split basically with extra upper body work.
Creeping death 2 is the PPL one

Exactly as someone else said. So creeping death one OR Gamma Bomb. Both will be what you’re looking for.

Love me some drop sets. Sometimes I have to resist the temptation to make every set I do a drop set. When you use giant sets as a finisher is it just 1 round?

I believe Milos does 1-2 heavy movement then finishes with 4 rounds of giant sets. Bbextreme posted a great video a while back where Milos talks about his training style.. pure gold.

If you can do more than 2-3 drop sets in a single workout then you're not training hard enough.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
saucewater
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins