over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TRT/ cycling question for the old guys?

TTLex

Registered
I have a question on TRT and cycling for the over 40 guys.

A little background on me, Im 43 as of a few weeks ago. I have been cycling a few times a year for the past few years. Ive done a little bit of everything, but my go to cycle is Test E or Cyp and Deca for my joints. I usually would go the 12wks on, 12 wks off with PCT. I started playing with some 8 wk cycles with short ester gear, prop with Tren A, Prop with Var. My next cycle I am going to go with Prop and NPP for 8 wks.

Anyhow, I just finished up a pretty long cycle of Test/ Deca/ Eq. I also threw some Var in there for the last month which just ended today. I was going to start PCT next week.

I am now thinking about staying on a TRT does of Test in between cycles rather than go completely off with PCT. At my age, I am thinking it wouldnt be detrimental to my health and well being to stay on say 150 to 200mg a wk. Any thoughts on that? I have never had blood work done, as Im not sure how to approach it with my Primary care physician.

Also, those on TRT, do you just cycle up as normal, then go back to TRT dose? In my case I just came off of a 15 wk run. I was thinking going to TRT dose for the next 3 months, then hit my 8 wk cycle as I planned, then back to TRT for 8 wks, cycle again, etc, etc, etc....

I would really appreciate some thoughts on this.

Oh, I am also on 3ius a day of Eliptropin.

Last edited:
Your are gonna get 2 diametrically opposed answers.
1) yo - yo on off may not be so good for you. You arent planning on (additional?) kids? And guys do have kids while on. And if you get blood work and plan on being on some sort of dose till the end, I dunno. Sounds reasonable.

2) your body needs a rest and you blood work can only deteriorate if you stay on long term.

I dunno, its hard to say either is healthy. Im on low dose HRT, and my BP has increased as my HDL has decreased.

I say stay on. But without the conviction of a true believer.

Mate.
sooner or later you probably will have to go on HRT , for quality of life and health.

no more kids for me, I will be getting snipped int he near future to make sure of that. Trust me, I know it can happen while on cycle, my last 2 were concieved while I was on.

As said, i figure I could benefit from HRT and need to be on it at some point in the near future if not now. So why delay it, might as well get on now.

I think I will go through my current PCT, let my body get to a somewhat natural state, then go get blood work to see where my numbers are. That way I can at least guage what my TRT dosage should be around.

everybodys dose that I know is around the same @ 200 a week. Their serum ends up all over the place based on their metabolism mostly but I have never seen a doc change it. We are brutally honest with our docs and they never suggest coming completely off they do however repeat that they wish we wouldnt cycle up though lol

are they splitting the 200 into twice a wk shots. My buddy just got a script for TRT dose of Cyp. They told him 1 shot every 7 to 10 days at 150mg. That seems like his blood levels would be going up and down like a mofo. Why not just keep it stable with 2 shots a wk. It seems like we all have that figured out, why dont the docs?

they know very little so far and actually gave my buddy 2cc or 400mg and told him to come back in 2 weeks. He suggested 1 aweek and the doc said sure. After monitoring his levels and consistency he swapped all of his trt patients to once a week at 1 cc. So if your doc is open minded and willing to learn he will probably do the same. A good doc wouldnt want to send you on a blood level rollercoaster ride.

You are going to hear all kinds of different answers on any of these sites. For me, it's 200mg of Cyp. a week. I have my blood work conducted every 4 months. I just turned 36 and feel great.

did you get a script for that 200mg after blood work, or did you just go with 200 and get blood work done later to see if you were within the parameters that you were looking for?

What the hell are you guys telling your doc when going to get blood work done?

Anything I should look out for with going TRT long term and cycling up a few times a year.....,other than the normal things?

I had read a book by a doctor Cranton called," reseting the clock" I showed it to him and asked if I could have all the blood work that the book refered to done. In reality he is my employee and took an oath. Turns out he is a doctor who will do trt some refuse for various reasons but it is becoming more widely accepted all the time

What is your natty T level at while off for a while?

Do you have heart/blood/cholesteral issues?

Are you passionate about lifting?

Those are some of the questions you need to ask yourself. The answers will determine what you should probably do.

never had blood work doen, so not sure what my natty test levels are when off

no issues that I know of when it comes to heart health, cholesterol, etc

Yes, passionate about lifting, more of a lifestyle than a passion at this point

I dunno, its hard to say either is healthy. Im on low dose HRT, and my BP has increased as my HDL has decreased.

I say stay on. But without the conviction of a true believer.

by how much ? do you think you can control it via diet or supplementation ?

spilt up HRT Test injections as frequent as possible to maintain stable levels

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity