over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tuna fish everyday?

Mikester27

Newbies
Because tuna is so cheap, I tend to indulge in it on a daily basis. I know tuna has a high mercury content and have read that this can be harmful for pregnant chicks and kids. Does the same go for an aspiring bodybuilder?

Because tuna is so cheap, I tend to indulge in it on a daily basis. I know tuna has a high mercury content and have read that this can be harmful for pregnant chicks and kids. Does the same go for an aspiring bodybuilder?

Tuna is not cheap! It's just over $3 for a 6 oz can, that's almost $9 a pound! I'll spend my money on beef. But if u like it eat it, and no the mercury won't hurt you.

dude for a week I had 4 cans a day. The stuff you hear on news is highly dramatized. I wouldn't go full retard and have it every meal, but some tuna everyday isn't going to give you heavy metal poisoning.

the mercury is highest in the albacore and fresh tuna right from the ocean. stick with chunk light in water and you should be just fine. i was eating 2 cans a day for quite some time and no problems

Tuna is not cheap! It's just over $3 for a 6 oz can, that's almost $9 a pound! I'll spend my money on beef. But if u like it eat it, and no the mercury won't hurt you.

Mercury poisoning is a very real and a serious health issue. It can cause brain damage, but it does affect kids and pregnant women more adversely compared to healthy adult males. However, you would have to eat several cans of albacore tuna everyday for months on end.

Last edited:
Mercury poisoning is a very real and a serious health issue. It can cause brain damage, but it does affect kids and pregnant women more adversely compared to healthy adult males. However, you would have to eat several cans of albacore tuna everyday for months on end.

Why r u telling me bro, I don't eat that shit. And the mercury amount in tuna is negligible at best. Nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Tuna also has selenium which leeches heavy metals (mercury) from your body counteracting a lot of the mercury content. As long as your buying/eating high quality tuna and some Bumblebee or Starkist crap I wouldn't worry about it.

have you tried tilapia? tastes a ton better than tuna and cheap!

Tuna is great!! Mecury is very over rated?

Can't see it harming you tbh.

I eat it everyday too. Usually 2/3 tins

Again, very over rated. Too much internet innuendo going on anymore. Almost everyone that competes with me eats it religiously, and get blood work all the time.

I usually make a couple tuna sandwiches every morning because I'm far too lazy (and still half asleep :eek:) that early to wanna cook, no adverse effects here

Agree! Tuna used to be a cheap protein source, but now it's costs .77 for a small can at Harris Tetter. Walmart offers an extra large can for $2.22

Not sure where you purchase your at, but I get it for about $1.50 per can. No way in hell would I pay over 3 bucks per can.

I had no idea how much tuna was before I went to the store yesterday- amazing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I ate tuna day and night in 1991 on spring break in Daytona Beach. Didnt kie from mercury, but smelled like shit for two weeks after....lol. I cant eat tuna to this day...chicken and beef, turkey for me now....

DD

Hmm.. I've had 21 oz of chunk light everyday for about 4 years now. Anything I should be expecting sides wise?

Tuna is good for you. Don't believe all the hype...

The mayo is the only thing that deters me with my macros... but Ive just been throwin some sweet relish in there and it works pretty good

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131