over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ufc results

rAJJIN

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
Matt Hughes wins it.
Great fight, one of the best Ive seen in a while.
Penn won the first round for sure, second was close but Penn probably won that one also. He about had Hughes a few times But Hughes hung in there.
Third round Was all Hughes. Penn Just was wore out and took a good ground and pound untill they stopped it.

Swick won! Good for him. Boring fight though.
Jens Pulver Lost in 1st round.

This was the best UFC I have seen in a long time, I won $155 between Matt huges and Mike Swick. I was getting so nervous the 1st 2 rounds of the Hughes fight but I knew he could pull it out. I know some people don't like Matt hughes but hes got a lot of heart, and he proves he deserves to be the champ with this win. I thought it was interesting when GSP came into the ring and said he was not impressed, I guess that kind of pissed off Matt hughes and they were saying some thing to each other after. That will be a really interesting fight that I won't be betting on for sure.

rAJJIN said:
Matt Hughes wins it.

Jens Pulver Lost in 1st round.

Jens Pulver was more favored by far then any other fighter tonight and he lost really fast! If you were to bet a small ammount on the guy who beat pulver you could have won a fortune. I think it payed out 7 times what you put in online.

Last edited:
MATT HAD WAY BETTER CARDIO THAN PENN. PENN FADED AND REALLY WAS TIRED AFTER THE 2ND ROUND. IT WAS A GREAT FIGHT. MIKE SWICK LOOKED GREAT AGAINST THE CROW LOISEAU HE WON HANDS DOWN. NOW WE WILL GET TO SEE ANOTHER GREAT FIGHT WHEN MATT AND GSP FIGHT

Matt Hughes Post fight interview:

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.Detail&gid=3378

Listen to what he says about the end of 2nd round, where BJ had a triangle and an arm bar on him, just imagine if this fight were in Pride instead (10 minute rounds instead of 5) Matt may have lost the belt.

Dude in the first 2 rounds Matt Hughes was actually no match for BJ which is a strange statement considering how good Hughes is. But Hughes was ready to go 5 rounds and BJ didn't have the same cardio so he eventually wore him down. Round 3 was Hughes dominating and pummeling him on the ground until McCarthy stopped it. Good fight though, BJ Penn is an amazing fighter who could be unstopable at 170 if he came in shape.

|---[\\\\]>---------- son of a bitch! The one fight that really mattered and i had prior enagements! i wish i was over at Hutch's tonite hanging with the boys but instead i was doing girlfriend shit! F#CK! Im happy that Hughes won. Gotta stay loyal to the iowans! from the sounds of it, he was just in better shape. When trained with these guys in iowa, it was their conditioning that was the most impressive. Militich really drives cardio into his fighters...they can go rounds upon rounds. We used to do this dril where you would roll on the ground w/s'one for 2 mins. once that 2 mins. is up, another fresh person would jump on you and you would go 2 mins. You would go through like 8-10 guys b4 you were done! it's crazy! i remember seeing Jens there....i though to myself, this fucker is STRONG! IT was like wrestling a bear. Hughes is wicked strong and i think Pulver is pound for pound stronger than he is!

Thats exactly what happem imo...
Bj Penn is a better fighter. Matt Hughes is a Better conditioned Fighter.
When they were both fresh Hughes couldnt do a thing with him.

When are Griffen and Bonner going to fight?

I was so dissapointed with their last fight decision

bigbadasian said:
|---[\\\\]>---------- son of a bitch! The one fight that really mattered and i had prior enagements! i wish i was over at Hutch's tonite hanging with the boys but instead i was doing girlfriend shit! F#CK! Im happy that Hughes won. Gotta stay loyal to the iowans! from the sounds of it, he was just in better shape. When trained with these guys in iowa, it was their conditioning that was the most impressive. Militich really drives cardio into his fighters...they can go rounds upon rounds. We used to do this dril where you would roll on the ground w/s'one for 2 mins. once that 2 mins. is up, another fresh person would jump on you and you would go 2 mins. You would go through like 8-10 guys b4 you were done! it's crazy! i remember seeing Jens there....i though to myself, this fucker is STRONG! IT was like wrestling a bear. Hughes is wicked strong and i think Pulver is pound for pound stronger than he is!
I hear that bro, had to take the woman's kids to the movies, shit!!! Was sure hopin' that Penn took that match with Hughes though!!!

vitor said:
When are Griffen and Bonner going to fight?

I was so dissapointed with their last fight decision

Hey vitor there second fight was last month.
Forrest one another decision... this time he realy won from what I here.

I knew hughes was gonna win... I dunno where these BJ fans come from Hughes is by far the better athlete IMO

bj is like a rubber band. did you guys see the hold he had on hughes from the bottom guard w both feet behind his head? and hughes admitted he couldnt take him down caus he kept bending his legs. wtf??? but it was awesome to see huges haviing him helpless in the crucifix pounding away..bAAAAd Asssss!!!
lucian

|---[\\\\]>-------- the craziest thing about BJ is that i heard he only started fighting like only 4 years ago!

AS DOMINANT AS HUGHES IS IN THE UFC....

HE COULDN'T TAKE PENN DOWN....AND HE WAS GETTING PUNCHED IN THE FACE REPEATEDLY WHEN TRYING TO STAND TOE TO TOE.

IF PENN HAD SHOWN UP IN SHAPE....NO QUESTION ....HE'D HAVE WON. I WAS VERY SUPRISED BY THIS.....

I AM GLAD HUGHES WON....HE IS A GREAT ATHLETE AND OBVIOUSLY WANTED IT MORE. THE GUY JUST NEVER SEEMS TO GIVE UP...COMES BACK AFTER NEAR DEFEAT.

MY FAVORITE HUGHES FIGHT WAS WHEN HE CAME BACK ON FRANK TRIGG AFTER GETTING KICKED IN THE BALLS.

ANYWAY....I FEEL BAD FOR YOU GUYS WHO MISSED THE FIGHT! :)

bigbadasian said:
|---[\\\\]>-------- the craziest thing about BJ is that i heard he only started fighting like only 4 years ago!

**broken link removed**

competing for almost 10 years..

What a pounding.

Matt must have landed a hundred bombs in the third. I couldn't have asked for a more fullfilling ending. I love to see work ethic pay off. It just goes to show how far living off of talent alone will get you.
TRAIN HARD OR GO HOME!

Did you listen to Pulver after he lost? Thats a bad ass. His KO was such an amatuer mistake. A complete fluke. It reminded me of how Liddel knocks them out. Stretched out neck and land a chin shot.

Kahn said:
Did you listen to Pulver after he lost? Thats a bad ass. His KO was such an amatuer mistake. A complete fluke. It reminded me of how Liddel knocks them out. Stretched out neck and land a chin shot.
Couldn't agree more. Jens is a cool guy. He wents rounds with Gomey from Pride. Gomey is arguably the best lightweight of all time. Hey he beat BJ Penn.

Anon4AReason said:
**broken link removed**

competing for almost 10 years..

|--[\\\\]>------- Rogan and the other commentator were saying s'thing about him being pretty new to the sport, thats why it's so amazing how good he is...??? i remember s'thing to that effect at least.

not to take anything away from Matt Hughes victory but apparently Penn was injured at the end of the second round (seperated rib), which would explain why he looked so bad @ the start of the third round- he couldn't catch his breath due to the injury and not a lack of cardio.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Penn's postfight interview explaining what happened (taken from his website):

Back in Hawaii - BJ Talks About Yesterday's Title Fight.
Posted by BJPenn.com Staff Writer
After just arriving back in Hawaii, BJ talks about the outcome of his tough UFC 63 title fight against Matt Hughes which took place yesterday evening at Arrowhead Pond in Anahiem CA.

Interviewer:
So BJ how are you doing?

BJ:
I just got back to Hawaii. I'm resting up, I have some injuries. Other than that I'm okay.

Interviewer:
So you just fought Matt Hughes. Could you walk us through the first round?

BJ:
I felt good, I was happy that I was defending Matt's takedowns. I could see that Matt improved his standup. I wish I tried some takedowns, but other than that I was happy with it.

Interviewer:
You say he improved his standup. How?

BJ:
He was dodging my punches well, and he had a good jab.

Interviewer:
What did you think of his takedowns?

BJ:
His takedowns were good and strong, exactly what I expected.

Interviewer:
Take us through the second round.

BJ:
I felt great going in, Matt started trying to take me down from my right leg, it's something I expected he might do. He got me down against the fence, but I was thinking about this position alot and I was ready. When he went for a big elbow, he missed and I capitalized and started going for his back. At this moment, when I was making the turn towards his back, I felt my ribs seperate on my right side. Although I didn't know the severity of the situation. I was thinking I have to finish him now because I knew something was wrong. Matt defended himself well and got through the round. When I got up to walk to my corner, I knew something was wrong, but I didn't want to talk about it with my corner. I wanted to be the champ. I wanted to keep fighting.

Interviewer:
What about round 3?

BJ:
I remember standing up out of the corner in pain. But I was thinking, "Earn your title this is what you have to do to get your belt back, fight through the pain". I knew the oppurtunity I had with getting this fight, especially after losing my last fight. I wasn't going to quit on the corner. I kept going because I honestly believed it was destiny. When me and Matt were boxing I felt like I couldn't breathe and had no mobility in my core. But I kept thinking something good is going to happen. When Matt started dominating the stand up I tried for a takedown. I had nothing and pulled to guard. I felt like I couldn't do anything on the ground. But I was still positive. Matt hit me in the ribs from half guard. The pain was so excruciating I had to use my far hand to block it. I would rather Matt pass my guard and punch my face the hit my ribs. When Matt was in his favorite position that he likes. I was still thinking I was going to win somehow. Big John gave me plenty of time. I practiced defending against that position with flexibility, but I had none with my core. Even when Big John stopped the fight, I was still so positive I thought I escaped. Congratulations to Matt, he is a great fighter. It's not his fault that that happened, he fought like the champion he is. He deserved the victory.

Interviewer:
So how are your ribs doing now?

BJ:
There just hurting, I couldn't sleep last night, I couldn't lay down, Every time I breathe it expands my ribcage and aggrevates my ribs.

Interviewer:
How do you think your conditioning was for this fight?

BJ:
I was training great. I trained 5 to 6 rounds a couple times a week. I was also doing explosive cardio and getting proper rest.

Interviewer:
Anything to say to your fans?

BJ:
Thanks for your support. I already got a lot of emails from my fans. Thank you very much.
Keep checking my site and I'll keep you posted.

Interviewer:
So what is next for BJ Penn?

BJ:
I've got to take care of my ribs, so I'm taking 2 months off, and my suspension for the TKO. I talked to Dana and he said to give him a call when I'm ready to fight. It takes a long time to prepare for these fights and I'm very disappointed I got injured like that. I gotta sit down for a couple weeks and clear my head and see where I am in fighting.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws