over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vegetarianism all the rage in MMA

Why are you trying to play me out, AD? I didn't say it was 40% of all professional MMA athletes. I, astutely, pointed out that 40% of Strikeforce's Champions (2/5) were vegetarians. :p;) I never agreed that vegetarianism was "all the rage in MMA", either. You asked to show you winners that were vegetarians and I pointed them out. Nothing more, nothing less. :)

haha....I was just messin' with you and spinning it to make a joke!

I am mean aren't I ? :D

So these vegetarians eat 8oz of fish at each of thier 6 meals a day???

The only foods I crave are vegetarian foods. If protien wasn't an issue, I would rarely eat it. But giving up sushi would be hard :love:

I'm old. Anyone I know that is my age or older that has been a vegetarian many years are skinny people with no muscle. I just think it is a bad idea. Especially if you are young and coming up...what a bad time to limit muscle recovery.

You said it best! You're old! Get with the times...you don't need meat FOR ANYTHING but high cholesterol!

You said it best! You're old! Get with the times...you don't need meat FOR ANYTHING but high cholesterol!
Then how come I am able to out muscle all the young guys in my MMA school if I am old, out of times and eat meat? :rolleyes:

Then how come I am able to out muscle all the young guys in my MMA school if I am old, out of times and eat meat? :rolleyes:

Of course it's cause you eat meat! Not the fact you've been weight training longer than most of them have been alive!

maybe jake shields should have eaten some meat before that borefest of a fight he put on for his ufc debut. and diaz looks like a vegetarian, who the hell would want his physique. maybe the fact that 40 percent of strikeforces champions are vegetarians can explain why their cards suck.

SOy was mentioned here and I remember reading online something negative about soy besides the fact that it "encourages" estrogen production.

lemme research this a bit and post up some URLs.

it doesnt encourage estrogen production, it contains estrogen in the form of phytoestrogens.

maybe jake shields should have eaten some meat before that borefest of a fight he put on for his ufc debut. and diaz looks like a vegetarian, who the hell would want his physique. maybe the fact that 40 percent of strikeforces champions are vegetarians can explain why their cards suck.

Fighters are not concerned with their physiques... except Ken Shamrock. :) And I don't know if diet is the answer to Jake Shields style of Lay n' Pray. Wrestlers gonna wrestle.

And I guess you didn't see the HW Tournament. Did you know that almost every fight they've put on usually results in a KO, sub or TKO as opposed to the majority of UFC fights going to decisions lately?

Last edited:
And I guess you didn't see the HW Tournament. Did you know that almost every fight they've put on usually results in a KO, sub or TKO as opposed to the majority of UFC fights going to decisions lately?

what does that even mean? lol

that UFC has a good even amount of badasses so there are less KO's. Strikeforce is a joke IMO

what does that even mean? lol

that UFC has a good even amount of badasses so there are less KO's. Strikeforce is a joke IMO

If you read the post that I was referring to, FJ claimed that Strikeforce's cards suck. I disagreed and gave my explanation. Fights that end w/o going to the judges, generally, don't suck. Hyped-up fights with overly cautious fighters that either don't engage or dry-hump to a decision do, IMO.

Lmfao...says the guy on the couch.....loser

"It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or when the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worth cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

the closest ive come to being a vegitarian is from when i was 16 to 21 the only meat i would eat was chicken, and even that was tough. now i eat chicken and beef, and cant ever see myself being deprived of either

"It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or when the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worth cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

let's stick to the topic...it was getting interesting until this crap came up.

here is a link on Mac Danzig's diet: **broken link removed**

He was one of the first to go in depth on why he eats the way he does.

Here is one of Jake Shields for Peta talking about diet: YouTube - FITNESS, ATHLETES, BODY BUILDING, VEGAN HEALTH (Strikeforce Champion Jake Shields)

Lastly, the best Strikeforce champ, the one who will bring home the tournament win, Alistair Overeem (non-vegetarian) talking about his love for horse meat and his diet: YouTube - Alistair Overeem - Video Clip 04

Alistair also has a few vids on youtube powerlifting with strongmen from Holland if interested.

Of course it's cause you eat meat! Not the fact you've been weight training longer than most of them have been alive!
I was wondering is anyone would catch that :p

Nice TR quote too.

:headbang:

Theodore Roosevelt

such inspiring words. i forgot that winners spend their time copying and pasting paragraph long quotes on the internet.

Fighters are not concerned with their physiques... except Ken Shamrock. :) And I don't know if diet is the answer to Jake Shields style of Lay n' Pray. Wrestlers gonna wrestle.

yes ive seen their fights and im not impressed. id rather watch two talented fighters go the distance in the ufc then watch some gimmick fighter like bobby lashley get tkod by a midcarder or watch herschel walker try and beat up on some guy who hasnt won a fight in ten years.

That is my thinking, but then bionic proved us wrong by showing it was %40 ;) :p

I'm not buying that 40% of MMA fighters are vegans in any division. I really cant count strikeforce as being a legit MMA corporation. They have a 50yr old football player; Strikeforce is joke; a gimmick in my opinion. I had a coach in WA State (Landon Big Show Showalter) who has won his last couple of fights with Strikeforce. No "Champion" from strikeforce will survive in the UFC. Diaz and Mayhem are about it and even they will never be in the top ten at any wieght bracket. I've been in and out of a lot of boxing clubs/mma gyms and I've yet to meet a single vegetarian competing in boxing/mma/wrestling ect.. I'm sure they're out there; I've just never met one.

As I said; everyone claims to work the "Hardest", no one and I mean no one outworks Couture. The man would not be doing what he's doing at his age without protien.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws