over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WATER!!!

BigBoyJ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I drink about one and a half gallons of distilled water per day. Distilled water is the only water I can stand to drink. Every time I try to drink any other type of water it makes me nauseas. I don't know if it's mineral content or what that does it to me. And tap water makes me feel like I drank drano. I have an extremely strong stomach when it comes to food. I mean I can eat anything in massive proportions and have no problems, but when I drink the wrong water I just feel shitty.

I have heard from a few people that drinking distilled water is a bad thing due to the lack of minerals, but I've been doing this for about 8 years with no trouble. Does anyone have or know of any studies showing the benefits or problems of drinking only distilled water?

I'm the same wasy BBJ. I've never quite understood how water can make me feel so crappy. I've even drank some bottled water that makes my teeth feel sensitive like the enamel has been removed. The company that I work for supplies our employees with numerous brands of free bottled water while at work. I've literally tried them all. The only ones I can stand to drink is distilled water and Dasani.

So I'm not the only weirdo out there. :p I did some research on it last night and there are some people out there who claim distilled water is unhealthy, but the ones who say that never showed any validity to their claims. On the other hand there were a lot more people with much better credentials who claimed distilled water was the ONLY water people SHOULD drink. Supposedly, distilled water is much more efficient at removing toxins from the body than any other water because other water is already saturated with contaminants. They said the lack of minerals is a GOOD thing. Supposedly a person would have to drink 600, 8 oz glasses of water to get a days supply of calcium, so the lack of mineral isn't anything you'll miss. Plus, by not having the minerals in the water, it is better able to perform it's hydrating and toxin removal duties.

My body always feels so much better when I drink distilled water. I just have to follow what my body tells me.

well im in this boat too
we have a brita water filtration thingy in my fridge and i can drink that thank god, but for bottled, i drink dasani and evian and distilled too
the other ones taste shitty to me and i feel as tho my stomach is messed up when i drink them

frk

I thought it wasnt good to drink distilled water because it pulled alot of vitamins and electrolytes out of your body?

I also drink only distilled water

I have been drinking 1-2 gallons distilled\day for 4 years w/out an issue. It tastes better.
KH

Is'nt rain water distilled? Man's been drinkin that since time began....can't imagine distilled water being harmful.....
GF

Jarconis said:
I thought it wasnt good to drink distilled water because it pulled alot of vitamins and electrolytes out of your body?

From what I gathered in the reading I did, that stuff about distilled water pulling electrolytes and minerals from your body is a myth that started from salesmen of reverse osmosis and charcoal filtration systems. The myth just spread and became a widely accepted thing for a lot people. All of the more credible accounts from doctors, scientists, etc. seem to state that distilled water is much healthier though.

gravityfighter said:
Is'nt rain water distilled? Man's been drinkin that since time began....can't imagine distilled water being harmful.....
Actually - you DON'T want to drink rain water (unless you're dying of thirst :p) cause it's washed ALL that crap out from the sky that everyone thinks just magically dissipates :eek:

BigBoyJ said:
From what I gathered in the reading I did, that stuff about distilled water pulling electrolytes and minerals from your body is a myth that started from salesmen of reverse osmosis and charcoal filtration systems. The myth just spread and became a widely accepted thing for a lot people. All of the more credible accounts from doctors, scientists, etc. seem to state that distilled water is much healthier though.
I believe you're correct here.

But to me - it's simple - it all boils down to cost since purified water (through a GOOD filtration system) is just as good as distilled. Yes - I'm a cheap SOB :p

I can get one of the best filters out there (which includes ultra-violet) that costs like $0.35 per gallon for 1st year and $0.21 gal beginning 2nd year. The return would probably be quicker for me for as much as I drink!

on another water note, the water in AZ is very "hard" it drys my skin out like crazy. its really annoying

xcelbeyond said:
I believe you're correct here.

But to me - it's simple - it all boils down to cost since purified water (through a GOOD filtration system) is just as good as distilled. Yes - I'm a cheap SOB :p

I can get one of the best filters out there (which includes ultra-violet) that costs like $0.35 per gallon for 1st year and $0.21 gal beginning 2nd year. The return would probably be quicker for me for as much as I drink!

Well, nothing is AS pure as distilled water. I can tell because I feel like I'm gonna puke from everything else.

I get mine for 50 cents a gallon from Wal-Mart.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131