over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weight loss and macros help me

sbcaddy

Newbies
Hello guys and gals I'm currently trying to get down in weight and up till now I've just been stupid and lucky at my goals I know I'm not eating the correct foods and I would appreciate any and all help with calories and macros and letting me know I'm a dumbass I started at 221lbs i do not know BF% i started at I'm currently at the following
I'm 34 years old
199lbs 24%Bf
I work out 3x a week wight training and 2x a week Cardio Typically 1HR HIIT on treadmill or rowing machine
My goal is around 170ish but again I'm ignorant and that might be to high or low

Below I Attached what my meals look like Please be blunt and to the point with me as I don't need codling i need correction and direction I've been stuck at 199 for the past week

BreakfastCalories
kcal
Carbs
g
Fat
g
Protein
g
Sodium
mg
Sugar
g
Great Value - Liquid Egg Whites, 12 tbsp10040203400
Add Food
Quick Tools
Lunch
Homemade - Over Easy Eggs, 2 large egg140010121400
White bread - Toast, 1 slice7014121401
Oatmeal - Plain, 1 oz1001924751
Ribeye, boneless - Ribeye, boneless, 4 oz (227g)27201723680
Add Food
Quick Tools
Dinner
Prairie Fresh - Pork Loin Filet, Cajun Style, 4 oz15027207600
Sweet Potato - Sweet Potato With Skin (Medium), 2 Medium 5" (130g)224520414410
Add Food
Quick Tools
Snacks
Muscle Milk [Chocolate] - Knockout, 1 carton170923201
Premier Protein - Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake, 1 shake16063303801
Add Food
Quick Tools
Totals1,386106421472,04714
Your Daily Goal1,761132491982,30062
Remaining3752675125348
Calories
kcal
Carbs
g
Fat
g
Protein
g
Sodium
mg
Sugar
g

I weighed today at 197.5 Was very tired yesterday but feel like I have regained energy today the only thing i feel i left out is my body type I believe is very influenced by carbs as i can gain weight fast if not carful with my intake my current macro is

protein 50%
fat 35%
carb 15%

According to the macros you posted

Protein is 41%
Carbs are 31%
Fat is 32%

Rounded to the nearest whole number.

I'm completely new to macros so I am using MyFitnessPal and have them set at what I had posted and do my best to get at it but I don't know if I'm even setting a reasonable goal. Is the macros you posted a good starting point since that's where I am hitting

You need to do your best at hitting your calories/macros. Your example you came in quite low. It is as important to eat enough as it is to eat in a deficit. You need enough calories to continue training, recovering, and feeling decent. I would add another session of cardio, hit your macros as close as possible, and make sure your sleep is on point. Also, scales lie. Take measurements every 2 weeks with progress pictures.

You need to do your best at hitting your calories/macros. Your example you came in quite low. It is as important to eat enough as it is to eat in a deficit. You need enough calories to continue training, recovering, and feeling decent. I would add another session of cardio, hit your macros as close as possible, and make sure your sleep is on point. Also, scales lie. Take measurements every 2 weeks with progress pictures.
I can definitely get another cardio in and Im not gonna argue with eating more I love food.... I know everyone is different but I was worried I may have missed something on my calories or macro percentages but do they seem ok

I can definitely get another cardio in and Im not gonna argue with eating more I love food.... I know everyone is different but I was worried I may have missed something on my calories or macro percentages but do they seem ok
Do you know what your maintenance calories are? 1700 cal is fairly low for a normal fat loss phase. I can't recover well on that low at my age. If you do 1700 cal a day then you should have 1 day a week that you eat 2200. This practice always helps me keep my metabolism from getting flat. I tend to start with a 250 calorie deficit from maintenance and lower down by 250 - 500 calories as I stall and then increase cardio. You want to progressively increase cardio and decrease calories at a rate that will allow you to maximize muscle retention while losing fat.

Do you know what your maintenance calories are? 1700 cal is fairly low for a normal fat loss phase. I can't recover well on that low at my age. If you do 1700 cal a day then you should have 1 day a week that you eat 2200. This practice always helps me keep my metabolism from getting flat. I tend to start with a 250 calorie deficit from maintenance and lower down by 250 - 500 calories as I stall and then increase cardio. You want to progressively increase cardio and decrease calories at a rate that will allow you to maximize muscle retention while losing fat.
Ok that's what I'm after my bmr on bodybuilding.com showed 1997 calories and the app I'm using to track meals put me at the calories I'm at now unless I've done it wrong

Your BMR is how many calories you’d burn if you laid quietly in bed for 24 hours.

Eating at BMR is not a long term solution, your deficit would be quite high, which is ok for a short period if your doing a mini diet between maintainer or surplus phases. Have you tried calorie cycling?

Eat at maintainance on your 3 lifting days, higher carbs, lower fats, then you can pull your calories to a harder deficit on your cardio and off days.

Maintenance = BMR+NEAT+Workout calories

Your BMR is how many calories you’d burn if you laid quietly in bed for 24 hours.

Eating at BMR is not a long term solution, your deficit would be quite high, which is ok for a short period if your doing a mini diet between maintainer or surplus phases. Have you tried calorie cycling?

Eat at maintainance on your 3 lifting days, higher carbs, lower fats, then you can pull your calories to a harder deficit on your cardio and off days.

Maintenance = BMR+NEAT+Workout calories
Ok so I'm not new to Lossing weight but I am new to losing it correctly if that makes since with staying at maintenance calories on work out days makes sense as maintaining muscle and strength what will that do to overall weight loss and what are my realistic weight loss amounts I should expect to see on that kind of calorie cycling I'm just uneducated on losing fat and not muscle and what I should expect also should I be looking at any supplements to assist or should good cardio and a clean diet be enough

Ok I just did the math and maintenance calories are 2500ish so what would you suggest a starting deficit should be

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws