over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weird thread but….big shoulders deer hunting issuddnnn

marssel

Sponsor / Kilo Club
Registered
Sponsors
So spent last week hunting, as I continue to grow (over years) but especially this year I have a very hard time with keeping a rifle properly in my shoulder. I’m not tall so huge shoulders. Plus short arms has made even AR platforms uncomfortable. Shooting my friends regular bolt rifles takes ridiculous measures and though I missed no shots it was taking me way to long to get set and my shots were not what I envisioned. I just ordered a MOE enhanced SL butt pad from magpul for an AR style set up, Its $30 so if it works cool if not. I know there are other military guys on here so I know there are other shooters, does anyone else deal with this and if so what are your tips, tricks, gear? I’ve started taking the days off before I hunt if I can which lets me heal and loosen up but that does very little. Thanks for any ideas

A proper fitting rifle makes shooting accurately and consistently WAY easier. An adjustable length of pull makes it alot easier and those anc range from a chassis system that can be a couple grand to a cheap "Axiom" stock and everything in between.
Your shooting position and form could be off as well , having the butt purchased on the front delt will not only be more uncomfortable for dealing with recoil but impossible to keep the stock from moving side to side. You want it in the crease between then delt and pec
Generally on common people people you can measure from the bend in the elbow to the first joint (from the tip) on the extended index finger and that with give you a close Lengt Of Pull , thats the distance from the back of the but pad to the trigger.
A narrow butt pad also works well for alot of bigger people.
Most factory guns have a 13.5" LOP

All of my precision bolt guns have fully adjustable combs and buttplates..all of my AR’s have a optics riser of over 2 inches..so, they are all set up to were I never have to bring my head down to the gun or reach my hands very far

Definitely get a masterpiece arms chassis and be done with it. I have a 6.5 CM and a 300 WSM. Can adjust them to fit anything

Sounds like you've reach such a size that the only practical and fair way for you to hunt dear is to engage them in unarmed mortal combat.
Don’t do that shit! My dumbass fought a few hogs which a lot of people have because they are aggressive and not scared of you..however, I did fight a deer one time and it fucked me up like a bitch!

Don’t do that shit! My dumbass fought a few hogs which a lot of people have because they are aggressive and not scared of you..however, I did fight a deer one time and it fucked me up like a bitch!

I untangled a small buck (maybe 120lbs) from a fence once and realized once i let him got shit could get sideways so I wanted work him around in the right direction.
Once we cut the wire it was like be strapped to Satan. Those fuckers are STRONG!!! we live catch hog all then time , once you get there back legs its no problem , you try that shit with a deer you're gonna get wrecked

I untangled a small buck (maybe 120lbs) from a fence once and realized once i let him got shit could get sideways so I wanted work him around in the right direction.
Once we cut the wire it was like be strapped to Satan. Those fuckers are STRONG!!! we live catch hog all then time , once you get there back legs its no problem , you try that shit with a deer you're gonna get wrecked
That’s what I did! I shot him, thought he was dead because he laid there not moving for like 20 minutes..walked up and grabbed his back legs to drag him off and he jumped up! I pulled him backwards and jumped on his back and rolled onto my back with him and he proceeded to turn my lips and the top of my head into hamburger meat

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws