over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's an IFBB pro card worth ?

SecondAct

Registered
Obviously a very subjective question as there is no top of the range if you're a good marketer. I'm an old man, and have no illusions of becoming an IFBB pro or ever competing. I ask more as a businesssman, and because I'm curious what the bottom line and range is as it appears to be the goal of so many here, but only achievable to a select few.

I know there is an IFBB pro taking questions right now, but this is a very personal question, and I'm looking for simply a hypothetical answer to those that have an idea. What's it worth, at a minimum ?

I understand for many that it's simply a life long goal not tied to money and that's admirable, I'm just the curious type and respect your dedication. I've spent many years pursuing goals not related to financial gain and I know for many it's the culmination of years of hard work and would do it for nothing.

Feel free to delete if this is out of line or offensive. I read the rules and didn't see anything prohibiting this type of question.

Last edited:
On average I believe it's a negative number.

I cant imagine the guys over the years that had unbelievable potential but due to their financial situation or life problems where forced to give up that possibility. Even the few who did make it to top amateur or who did get a pro card that had to drop out of competition due to medical/legal/financial issues.
There are a few here that fall under that catagory that I think would have gone all the way...Phil H for one could have/should have been one to see Olympia Sandow.
Jay Cutler's wife worked two jobs at one time to see him through and support his goals...he was fortunate in many ways.

For figure and bikini competitors I think the benefit to cost ratio can be quite a bit more favorable than for bodybuilders.

To me bodybuilding is somewhat similar to boxing. In that if you win an olympic gold medal, it's a great honor and will make you a lot of money if you decide to fight as a professional.

I feel that the pro card in itself is like a gold medal, only not as many people see it as that. Infact, I feel that only the people who know about bodybuilding or are actively involved even know what a pro card is. The casual person on the street would likely think that any top or even midrange amateur now a days is a pro.

In boxing you can make millions of dollars if you are a pro, or you can make $150.00/fight in a club fight (I'm not sure how much now, but that's what it was back in 1990)

In bodybuilding, the procard means that you won, you were the person who presented the best overall package at that particular pro-qualifying show (or weight class in the case of nationals) on that day.

But.. Now you have to go against other pros from all over the world.

Back to the original question, what is a procard worth? It depends on who you ask.

How much are people spending every year to try to get it?
Some more than others.

How much are they willing to risk?
Health, legal, financial, time with family, etc?
Same answer.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear