advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

when your mentally tired of eating do you take a break or go on a cut?

Taeian

Banned
more applys to the ecto's who have a hard time eating. When your on a bulk what do you find is best to do. Take a break. And for how long. Like just eat maitance calories for a few weeks or just say screw it run a cut for abit or what? Trying to think of what to do as my biggest problem is getting mentally tired of eating so much. I just stare at food and want to toss it in the garbage I hate everything right now lol.

has anyone found taking a 2 week break or something off eating alot got them back into it mentally? I'd like to continue trying to bulk but past few days I've fallen short of my cal intake and feel like its probably best for a break. Been on this bulk for about 8 weeks had a week or so break before that and was bulking 4 ish weeks before that.

Personally for me i usually take a week off and just be a normal person. Weather that is eating a shit ton of food or maybe just 2 to 3 meals a day. Whatever i feel like each day i just do it. It gives you a mental break from being so strict.

Sometimes I switch to quality weight gain shake 2 or 3 a day plus 3 or 4 meals a day gets me through. Especially if I'm seeing gains don't want to lose it. U should have ur cheat day an enjoy regular food like normal people.

Cutting for me takes a lot more discipline, so not that. I usually eat regular food for a few days and that's all I need, then back at it. This keeps gains and not too much fat accumulates. But I get bloated and look shitty, which motivates me to get back on the diet horse...

Cutting for me takes a lot more discipline, so not that. I usually eat regular food for a few days and that's all I need, then back at it. This keeps gains and not too much fat accumulates. But I get bloated and look shitty, which motivates me to get back on the diet horse...

Sometimes I switch to quality weight gain shake 2 or 3 a day plus 3 or 4 meals a day gets me through. Especially if I'm seeing gains don't want to lose it. U should have ur cheat day an enjoy regular food like normal people.

Personally for me i usually take a week off and just be a normal person. Weather that is eating a shit ton of food or maybe just 2 to 3 meals a day. Whatever i feel like each day i just do it. It gives you a mental break from being so strict.

see for me eating alot takes alot of discipline. eating less is just natural to me. My problem is everyday is pretty much cheating for me eating foods i like to bare through my bulks.

So what is it you find easier? taking week off and getting back to it? I really want to put on alot more weight from where im at. But I just wanna quit bodybuilding all together somedays having to eat this much lol! obv thats a little overboard but its the eating that just kills me.

specially hate the days where you add up your cals to find out you didnt eat as much as you thought lol!

if you find it harder to eat then be sure to eat the esential foods first.

remember you dont have to realy be in a big calorie surpluss to make gains only a nutrient surpluss

search for posts by Phil Hernon. you will find just an assload of info on eating when hungry. that will give you a permanent break form force feeding. oh youll still grow too.

Have you tried upping your cardio? You would be surprised by how your appetite increases.

Protein shakes/smoothies. I can mix just about anything I want into a healthy protein shake (milk, peanut butter, oats, fruit etc) hit just about any calorie & nutrient percentage I want. Drinking them throughout the day is easy and not as filling as stuffing my face.

Sometimes it's necessary to keep your sanity. I totally agree! :headbang:

I think if eating is that hard, your body is trying to tell you something. Probably eating too much protein or carbs, or both. Try including more fats and being more creative with preparation. The difficulty of eating right lies in the time preparation takes, eating the food shouldn't be that hard.

I'm the opposite, mine goes to cutting and that takes all my discipline really, which from time to time I give myslef a whole 5-7 days to eat when I want what I want, then I start to feel weak and looking lousy at least to myself. I try to couple this up with a week off from gym life too.

Man, I wish I had this problem...I'm always hungry.

I think if eating is that hard, your body is trying to tell you something. .

bingo

this usually happens to me, even when i'm only eating 2000 cals or so... if i lose my appetite, get constipated or whatever... i just stop eating for a day or two... I stay starving sometimes... only drink coffee and some times eat little cup cakes they sell at the gas station (2 or 3 ina whole day)... and a liter or 2 of water... usually, within a day, things start moving and BLAM! once it's out, i'm suddenly as hungry as fuck and feel like i want to eat!
then i go back to normal :)

try it... skipping food for a day or two will have NO effect on your gains... actually, it could make your muscle tissue more insulin sensitive and provide better gains in the next couple o fweeks.

bingo

this usually happens to me, even when i'm only eating 2000 cals or so... if i lose my appetite, get constipated or whatever... i just stop eating for a day or two... I stay starving sometimes... only drink coffee and some times eat little cup cakes they sell at the gas station (2 or 3 ina whole day)... and a liter or 2 of water... usually, within a day, things start moving and BLAM! once it's out, i'm suddenly as hungry as fuck and feel like i want to eat!
then i go back to normal :)

try it... skipping food for a day or two will have NO effect on your gains... actually, it could make your muscle tissue more insulin sensitive and provide better gains in the next couple o fweeks.

I will definitely try that out for my next off season! Sounds very interesting...

I go on a cut...just as im doing right now for that reason..

I go on a cut...just as im doing right now for that reason..

judging by your pic your cut enough for all of us lol.

but back to post. Thanks for all replys. And yea i hate preparing the food to, but i drink alot of dairy even which has no prep time and like i said i will sometimes just look in fridge and just give the food a death stare. Thinking i needto eat but i hate all of you food items in there lol.

I have since this post let my diet go. tossing back some donuts or whatever i feel like. So hopfully another food break will give me the desire to want to demolish the food soon. I just dont want to be taking these kinda breaks to often as i just took one 4-6 weeks ago i think. didnt write it down.

OP, are you on any orals or PH/Designers? When I used to do those I'd sometimes lose my hunger and it was more of a sign my liver was out of whack. I'd hit the liver detox stuff hard and hunder would come back (I also eventually quit orals for good).

Just a thought...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner