advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where do most people fail at when trying to put on the maximum amount of muscle?

massnup

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've been thinking about this lately as I am trying to put on the most amount of muscle in the shortest time and thought I would get u guys opinion on where people fail the most at when trying to accomplish this.

IMO, I think to put on QUALITY muscle, there is no substitute for consistency, time and patience. You can't rush it.

I've been thinking about this lately as I am trying to put on the most amount of muscle in the shortest time and thought I would get u guys opinion on where people fail the most at when trying to accomplish this.

Most fail in the nutrition area horribly.

Don't try to compare yourself to the 250 pound gorillas you see at the gym...do like the brick and alin said. Be patient and PERSISTANT...especially on your off cycles!...and your gains will come.

Dante had some good stuff on this back when animal had his board...I forget where it is at

chris

Train too heavy, eat to little and poorly, and don't change up the workouts often enough. EGO is probably the #1 downfall in the gym. It's not about how much weight you lift, it's about HOW you lift the weight.

I think nutrition is a huge part of it. Sticking to a diet. Plus people seem to be afraid of carbs and fat. Which we all know you need both to grow

I would guess most people go too easy on hard days and too hard on easy days. ... Very few guys realize the importance of recovery.

being in a hurry forces many to hit a brick wall, over and over again. vicious cycle.

i know what you're saying though...what's most efficient for building mass?

i think the same idea holds true...give the body a break every so often to really make gains. that's hard to do when you want size NOW.

ok

#1 They fear the fork...Never worry about eating ALOT if you are training hard and heavy and doing your cardio. You wont grow without the proper fuel.

#2 They fear the weight...Big weight with progressive strength increases will build size. Big compound movements are the secret. Recruit the most amount of muscle using the biggest weights, hit it hard enough often enough.

#3 Rest. There is nothing wrong with taking an extra day off. Recuperate and grow. Every 6-10 weeks take 1 week off. You must rest if you are training hard enough, your body will tell you its time.

Notice I did not say anything about drugs. Without these three things Food-Training-Rest there is NOTHING. And that brings me to

#4 They depend too much on drugs. Take all the shit you want if you fuck up on those 3 I listed your going nowhere. There is no secret stack.

#1 They fear the fork...Never worry about eating ALOT if you are training hard and heavy and doing your cardio. You wont grow without the proper fuel.

#2 They fear the weight...Big weight with progressive strength increases will build size. Big compound movements are the secret. Recruit the most amount of muscle using the biggest weights, hit it hard enough often enough.

#3 Rest. There is nothing wrong with taking an extra day off. Recuperate and grow. Every 6-10 weeks take 1 week off. You must rest if you are training hard enough, your body will tell you its time.

Notice I did not say anything about drugs. Without these three things Food-Training-Rest there is NOTHING. And that brings me to

#4 They depend too much on drugs. Take all the shit you want if you fuck up on those 3 I listed your going nowhere. There is no secret stack.

Excellent post.

Also worth mentioning - not hiring someone who has "been there and done that".

Many don't realize that they will save themselves YEARS OF WASTED TIME and THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS by hiring someone like Phil Hernon, DC, Trop, etc. (or any of the other awesome trainers on this board) to tell them what to do.

Biggest by far: Far to great a reliance on drugs.

Also, little or no recovery time. Remember you grow and get stronger outside the gym, not in it.

Bigheinz said once that "motivation can be your worst enemy".

I agree with that. People are so overly motivated that they push themselves right into overtraining, injuries, drugs, and the fall flat on their face and cry the blues when they can't train for 6 months dues to hamstring tear of a torn bicep. Motivation is great but your motivation can exceed your body's limitations - know what that point is.

Great reading these posts in this thread. I find myself making some of these mistakes. I definitely need more rest and massages, etc... downtime.

great fucking post! that pretty much sums it all up right there!

i have always been bad about overtraining, even after 20 plus years of this stuff. Now that i am older (and wiser maybe?) i train with weights then the next day do pre-hab (not re-hab) exercises (strtching, foam rolling, band traction, light cardio) then a day off, then repeat...seems to work well for me. I agree there is too great a reliance on drugs but i am also realistic in the sense that i have done it both ways and sometimes i think guys kid themselves in believing the drugs are not a major factor because they are.

not addressing the proper training and nutrition for your outside lifestyle.. if you work at a manual job 40 hours a week and then try and do training that is not suited for the stress you body has already been through at your job, followed by lack of food or calories ect.. fail.. one has to be honest about what is going on in your life and adjust you goals/training to that.. one must train at a style that allows one to be consistant and progress.. not train at alevel that is not coherant for the life outside of bodybuilding.. adjust training and nutrition to work for you based on outside stimulus..
i had guys at my gyn who worked manual labor jobs in the hot sun 50 hours a week and then would come in and train for two hours and can not understand why it is not working.. " well, everyone else gains on it.. why not me?".. well, do the math.. if you had a desk job that allowed for eating when scheduled, not stressing the body with lifting outside training, and was able to sit and relax a bit, then thattraining may work for you.. but, if you are burning excessive calories on your job and not replacing them , not eating properly and are tired from you work schedule then you are not going to make good gains on the "avwerage" routine.. once i convinced them tio train every other day, do very low volume and train heavy and get the hell out and eat, the progressed quickly even with hard jobs.. make it work for you not against you.. know your limitations and work wth them..:cool:

One big thing im noticing that when I got back into the gym and started training with powerlifters. Most people are just not in shape enought to train. Bring up your G.P.P and then you need not to fear volume.

Rotaion of exercise if anothers. If you failed to increase weight or reps in a certain exercise. do you think that next week by doing the same thing that magically start to grow. Change exercise often and watch how strong you are when you get back to that favorite exercise.

just my 2 cents.

Diet is the main culprit. There is no lack of motivation or effort, but people dont eat for the goal even if their training is set up well (and that usually isnt).

Doggcrapp/Dante. Ask him. He can get ANYBODY big.

Don't wanna harp on it but once again GREAT POST BN

over complicating your workouts. thinking i need to do this this and this to bring up this. then not eating like every one else has said. that will freaking kill you. metaphoricaly that is.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws