over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where to go from here?

jay_dub

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
Help me out guys. Should I cut down more before I start to add on more size, or should I start playing the size game now?

I'm 240 lbs here. My goal is 225 on stage for my next show.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Youre still pretty damn lean.. i dont see a problem with packing on another 10-15.. you dont look like youre holding hardly any water and not much fat really either.. should be able to hit 225 on stage without too much more work... good job so far man.

cut down from there? How tall are you? Youve still got a lot of muscle to put on that frame....eat big and lift big.

theres only one WAY TO GO.....

UP.

PM me if you need anything

:cool:

You'd be crazy to cut down from there. You should be able to stay nice and lean while gaining if you do it right.

Youre still pretty damn lean.. i dont see a problem with packing on another 10-15.. you dont look like youre holding hardly any water and not much fat really either.. should be able to hit 225 on stage without too much more work... good job so far man.

Thanks ajordana

cut down from there? How tall are you? Youve still got a lot of muscle to put on that frame....eat big and lift big.

I'm 6'1. I know I have a long way to go. The reason I'm asking about cutting down even more is because I keep reading that the leaner you are to begin putting on size the better off you'll be in the end and that your body adds more muscle in the lower single digits (7% or so).

theres only one WAY TO GO.....

UP.

PM me if you need anything

:cool:

Thanks as always Tenny. I appreciate the support my man.

You'd be crazy to cut down from there. You should be able to stay nice and lean while gaining if you do it right.

I guess I'm just in the summer mindset lol

So thats 4 votes for size so far. Looks like this is gonna be a no brainer

Last edited:
size all the way...start the growth phase, but try to stay somewhat lean

Looking good, but i would gain more first.

240lbs, I think your scales broken. At 6'1 255lbs is were its at but on your scale I would shoot for 275.

I'm 6'1. I know I have a long way to go. The reason I'm asking about cutting down even more is because I keep reading that the leaner you are to begin putting on size the better off you'll be in the end and that your body adds more muscle in the lower single digits (7% or so).

Im a firm beliver of this from my personal experimentation and logged records along with compiling others research on it. If your interested in reading some articles about this, feel free to send me a PM and I can send you some info.

Im definitely not a big guy like many here but I am good about getting accurate testing (bodpod or dexa) and keeping meticulous logs. I definitely see a better ratio gain while Im under 12%. Having the will power to stop at that point when your just getting going is something I gotta work on though

you are in a great spot to start packing on quality muscle , at that body fat or a little more you will be able to see exactly what you're adding.

Now would be a great time to hire a trainer to guide you and advise you , you will be miles ahead

I would continue to focus on adding size.

If you are beginning to get burnt out on the off-season phase though there is nothing wrong with doing a 4-week "mini-diet" where you ease back on the food a bit. This is more for the mental break than anything. long enough of a break that when you are done you will be ready to continue attacking your off-season.

Mass it up.

Wish I looked that good at 240. I reached 240 few months ago but at 6'3 its never enough.

when is the next show??

if Tenny offers up advise I'd listen close !!

size all the way...start the growth phase, but try to stay somewhat lean

Thanks for the input Chris. Do you have any plans to do any shows coming up? Is that pro show coming to Davenport again this year?

damn that's 240?

:p

ha, no actually its 220. I just wanna inflate my ego a little bit.

Looking good, but i would gain more first.

Thanks big guy. How much do you think I should add?

240lbs, I think your scales broken. At 6'1 255lbs is were its at but on your scale I would shoot for 275.

So you're saying you think I weigh 220? My scale is right on, I've checked on multiple scales. Weight ranges from 235-242 depending on time of day.

Im a firm beliver of this from my personal experimentation and logged records along with compiling others research on it. If your interested in reading some articles about this, feel free to send me a PM and I can send you some info.

Im definitely not a big guy like many here but I am good about getting accurate testing (bodpod or dexa) and keeping meticulous logs. I definitely see a better ratio gain while Im under 12%. Having the will power to stop at that point when your just getting going is something I gotta work on though

I'd definitely be interested in reading that.

I would continue to focus on adding size.

If you are beginning to get burnt out on the off-season phase though there is nothing wrong with doing a 4-week "mini-diet" where you ease back on the food a bit. This is more for the mental break than anything. long enough of a break that when you are done you will be ready to continue attacking your off-season.

I've actually been cutting down recently for the past 4-5 weeks. I've lost quite a bit of fat already. It was definitely nice to get a break from pounding down the food.

Mass it up.

Wish I looked that good at 240. I reached 240 few months ago but at 6'3 its never enough.

Whats your weight at now bro? I know how you feel, its definitely never enough....

you are in a great spot to start packing on quality muscle , at that body fat or a little more you will be able to see exactly what you're adding.

Now would be a great time to hire a trainer to guide you and advise you , you will be miles ahead

when is the next show??

if Tenny offers up advise I'd listen close !!

I was considering doing a show in October but if not then I'll be competing in April next year. And you're definitely right, Tenny knows his shit :)

Easy bro, you've kept things very tight off-season man you have plenty of room for growth i think for sure, how much have you gained so far then? I would just keep packing on the size in your position bro, very little amount of fat on you, lots of room for bulking, get big n nasty!

more size, no question about it

Here is a little comparison. This is me now compared to when I started my prep last year. I'm 5 lbs heavier now and much much leaner. I think I've gained a good 10 lbs of muscle? What do you guys think?

**broken link removed**

Now here is a picture of me 12 weeks into my prep last year at 207 lbs. I'm thinking if I cut down from where I am now to this bf % I would be closer to 217 lbs? Do you guys agree? So if I can get about 8 more lbs of muscle I will be ready to compete at the very top of the heavies. This is my thinking... I really dont think 8 lbs will be too tough. Adding in a few new strategies should get me there pretty easy I think...

**broken link removed**

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner