YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which type of training works best for you?

JohnnyPro

Registered
High volume, HIT, heavy weights, moderate weights, go to failure, forced reps, etc? What works best for me is high volume, 20 plus sets per body part. Weight is medium, I don't go to complete failure, if I wanted I could do maybe 3 or 4 extra reps. I feel I'm not taxing my CNS that way. How do you train?

DC style is what i found works best for me. As well as its my most enjoyable way to train. Which is important to IMO.

High Intensity/High Frequency/Low Volume yeilds the best results for me.....

Lately I've been doing low volume, moderate weights (8-12 reps}, low frequency...lol...Just trying to take it easy on my body for awhile. My shoulders are killing me.

It's been working too. I think everything works for me as long as I'm consistent, except doing super high volume.

Everything works when you do it properly, i am an expample of this, just fallow the principles and you get the results no mather what cain of technique you choose.

And for all of the techiniques the peridodization is the main principle to respect to avoid get injured, overtrained or get used to the same so your body wont need to make any improvements.

Everything works when you do it properly, i am an expample of this, just fallow the principles and you get the results no mather what cain of technique you choose.

And for all of the techiniques the peridodization is the main principle to respect to avoid get injured, overtrained or get used to the same so your body wont need to make any improvements.

Heinz, you beat me to the punch Bro. My exact mentality as well. PERIODIZATION is the key. The problem is so many of us get comfortable, affraid of change or can't get past the original shock stage that lasts about 2 weeks to get accustomed to a new training style. I recently made a huge shift from one extreme to another and it took me hiring help to hold me accountable to the new program. Many of you know that i am an advocate of Hi volume (when the time is right) and have made great gains from it. I recently switched to a variation of DC and have also noticed great gains. What I have noticed is not weight gain, but I'm going up in sizes in clothes, so I know I'm growing verses the volume I found that I put on weight, but not as much size. If that makes sense??

What I have noticed is not weight gain, but I'm going up in sizes in clothes, so I know I'm growing verses the volume I found that I put on weight, but not as much size. If that makes sense??

The same thing is happening to me, and I can't understand it. I know I'm making gains, but I'm not gaining weight.

This brings me to a question I figured I would ask? I dont mean to hijack any thread but I do think it somewhat pretains to the subject...

Which is more taxing on the CNS heavy weights for many sets or one set to failure with a moderate weight?

Most of us know that these two factors can determine how fast we drain our CNS.

I dont mean to get on the subject of Serge Nubret as I am sure you all are tired of hearing about it. But he used light to moderate weights and went to failure on every set...
However, he has pointed out that he does use light weights, which would have less of an effect on draining the central nervous system. SO in reality is he overtraining as much as we really think he is?

In my opinion and little experience, i do fell lot of stress everywhere, mucles and CNS in any workout, the rule is achieve the maximum each workout, going to the failure with light weights of heavy weights means effort and you will get stressed, high volume, HIT, Heavy Duty, DC, Victor's training, Milos training or any other variation if you are taking it serious, you will burn - kill yourself, even with good genetics of poor genetics..... If you need recovery just take 2,3 4 or 5 days off and then kill yourslef again.

If you are fallowing Havy Duty or HIT training, just fallow the principles and their ways to periodization and you will get the results.

Even when you are doing Heavy Dutyr and you are decreasing the intensity how Mike Mentzer explains, you kill yourself, and after 6 weeks of high intensity you take 10 days off.

It is just Different ways to grow, just fallow their rules and you will grow.

the 5x5 system for bulking and close to comp switching up to higher volume and less rest but on ocasion still heavy to keep bulk

To be honest it depends on how that muscle group is feeling that day. I may go in with one plan but after a set or two switch it up if it isn't working. But as others have stated most important thing is making it fun. If you make your weightlifting workouts fun you will get in better shape.

this may be a stupid ? what is DC training.

There are no stupid questions...Ok, I definitely disagree with that cliche, but this isn't one of them. It stands for doggcrapp training. Google it and you will find limitless information. You'll find it's an eccentric approach to training as compared to the norm.

noname13 your picture looks like a man who is just asking for a blown out knee! Gotta admit though that takes some exreme balance

noname13 your picture looks like a man who is just asking for a blown out knee! Gotta admit though that takes some exreme balance

Yeah, I guess he wants to work his stabilizers but damn, I wouldn't try that, not worth the chance of injury

High Intensity/High Frequency/High Volume.Works for me.
I change up to keep fresh. Done right it all works.:)

Heinz, you beat me to the punch Bro. My exact mentality as well. PERIODIZATION is the key. The problem is so many of us get comfortable, affraid of change or can't get past the original shock stage that lasts about 2 weeks to get accustomed to a new training style. I recently made a huge shift from one extreme to another and it took me hiring help to hold me accountable to the new program. Many of you know that i am an advocate of Hi volume (when the time is right) and have made great gains from it. I recently switched to a variation of DC and have also noticed great gains. What I have noticed is not weight gain, but I'm going up in sizes in clothes, so I know I'm growing verses the volume I found that I put on weight, but not as much size. If that makes sense??

don't want to be redundant, but i was thinking about this today, and over the years i have come to the same conclusion- it ALL WORKS, as long as the intensity and corresponding stimulus for growth is there. i was stuck on high volume for many years, until injury forced me to look into a low volume/high intensity style of training. i got great results from both styles.

like you said, the point is periodization. moderated intensity (taking it to the limit while avoiding injury), nutrition, and rest are the keys to continued growth. it is so simple that it eludes most trainers- as the saying goes, sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws