YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

whiting fish, has anyone heard of these?

kidstuff

Registered
so i was shopping at my local super last night, and i noticed this thing called whiting fillets in the frozen seafood section, they were individual fillets in a bag, about 8 per bag. I decided to pick one up because it was only $2 per pound.

the nutritional profile is really good for dieting bodybuilders, or anyone who wants to eat clean.

4oz portion
21g protein
0g carbs
0g fat

they taste is pretty nuetral, not fishy, basically it will end up tasting how you season it, texture is nice and flaky like flounder. best part is, its really easy to eat, I was able to eat 12oz of the stuff in 5 minutes, where as 12oz of chicken or steak takes a lot of jaw work.

how come you never here competitors mention that they eat this. i'm mean its cheap (i got it for $2 a pound at a regular super, not BJ's/Sams Club type place) , tastes pretty good, and has virtually zero fat and carbs?

I'm thinking of making this a staple. anyone else eat this stuff?

Attachments

• Whiting%20Fillets.gif
    Whiting%20Fillets.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
kidstuff said:
so i was shopping at my local super last night, and i noticed this thing called whiting fillets in the frozen seafood section, they were individual fillets in a bag, about 8 per bag. I decided to pick one up because it was only $2 per pound.

the nutritional profile is really good for dieting bodybuilders, or anyone who wants to eat clean.

4oz portion
21g protein
0g carbs
0g fat

they taste is pretty nuetral, not fishy, basically it will end up tasting how you season it, texture is nice and flaky like flounder. best part is, its really easy to eat, I was able to eat 12oz of the stuff in 5 minutes, where as 12oz of chicken or steak takes a lot of jaw work.

how come you never here competitors mention that they eat this. i'm mean its cheap (i got it for $2 a pound at a regular super, not BJ's/Sams Club type place) , tastes pretty good, and has virtually zero fat and carbs?

I'm thinking of making this a staple. anyone else eat this stuff?

I've tried something similar,,,tasty.

I think whiting is pretty common in the U.K. Maybe someone over there could chime in for us.

gtj220 said:
I think whiting is pretty common in the U.K. Maybe someone over there could chime in for us.

True, you can pick them up at the chain store Iceland for next to nothing. They tast nice and are a good source of protein. I prefare salmon though with all the good fats.

pretty much same as cod, very good stuff. try it with lemon juice and paprika or mrs. dash extra spicey

Looks pretty good, gonna have to give it a try.......

Cutler is a big fan of fish. He eats alot precontest. (And I mean ALOT)

i know fish is pretty popular with pre-contest dieters, but i've never heard of whiting? its always, tuna, halibut, mahi-mahi, flounder, tilapia to name a few but never heard of whiting.

must be a poor mans fish, oh well.

Whiting is an excellent fish to eat. Kind of grew up eating it. I enjoy whiting.

The problem with whiting is availability, at least here in New England, I only found in a few places that carried it. Like the others said long as the sodium is low then go for it. As you said the flavour isn't too strong fishy so you don't have to over do it with the spices, some lemon and pepper and their great!!

anyon else find fish flattens them out when thier dieting as opposed to chicken breast, or is it just me?

BFU

I get these all the time. I like them because they do have a neutral taste, and you can season them easily. I have been using a cajun season on mine.

Try it on the stovetop with butterbuds, garlic & a fresh squeezed lemon........I usually buy cod.....never had whiting, but sounds similar. Good stuff!

I was thinking about this the other day!

I saw this in the Fish section the other day. Later, I started thinking, do you guys ever consume other forms of protein.
How about Deer meat(Bambi)? Ostritch patties(very low fat I'm told), Alligator or Rabbit(probably not cheap). Ok. You koreans. I don't wanna hear anything about Dogs. Alright!
Seriously, though, what are your favorite sources of protein? Its hard to cook all this stuff so I consume a lot of protein powder(half my meals at least). Fish is good, but I worry about PCB's and lead. Chicken is good, but I was told some have been bleached? I always worried about Tuna(but ate a lot of it b/c its so easy). Especially in those fresh packs.
I guess all of this has been researched to death by bodybuilders. Just wondering if any of you are thinking outside the box? Like Whiting Fish.

Buffalo, a little dry due to being so lean but........Mmmmmmmmm

There was a girl on another board (who also happened to be from another country) who was eating HORSE! :eek: Never tried that one.

I'm a beef man, only time I stay away from it is when I'm dieting down. Other than that I eat plenty of steaks, burgers, chops, ribs, fish, chicken pretty much all meats I like a variety. Venison when I can get it is a good change up to. I heard buffalo burgers are much better tasting than beef burgers and better nutrient make up but their scarce around here unless you want to pay and arm and a leg.

Whiting.....

It is a very popular fish in Florida. Whiting is very tasty and not fishy, although it has a lot of small bones. Growing up, we had it every Friday, but now the family has switched to Talapia.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear