advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who should have taken 1st, and didn't, it can be past or present.

If we are to believe Serge's story and it is true that he stopped eating and training before the '75 O because he was told he was barred three weeks before the show, and later reinstated then this Serge may have beaten Arnold:

View attachment 190837
I actually knew Serge. Long story behind that. I went to his gym and he was showing me how he did chest flys. He had a real deep stretch on. His exercises. He comp me and my good friend Ricky at a show he was guest posing.

One of the most complete and pleasing physiques I ever seen. He could fan his abs in and out when he posed. I have good memories of him. RIP 🙏

Platz over Columbo. Not the best Columbo but the best Platz.
Nah, Danny Padilla should have won. Columbo should have never won.

Nah, Danny Padilla should have won. Columbo should have never won.
Any pics of Padilla next to Columbo? Tried doing a Google search, but can’t find a good one. Also, where do you think Padilla outshined him?

Any pics of Padilla next to Columbo? Tried doing a Google search, but can’t find a good one. Also, where do you think Padilla outshined him?
There are lots and videos. Ask someone how to use Google search, lol.
Anyways, Franco was thick, but so was his waist, had gyno and his one leg was noticeable smalller then other. He injured it before Olympia. 1981-Mr-Olympia16.jpg 1981-Mr-Olympia15.jpg download.jpeg
Danny had a much better physique and was lean. Had great balance and no glaring weaknesses.

There are lots and videos. Ask someone how to use Google search, lol.
Anyways, Franco was thick, but so was his waist, had gyno and his one leg was noticeable smalller then other. He injured it before Olympia. View attachment 190851View attachment 190852View attachment 190853
Danny had a much better physique and was lean. Had great balance and no glaring weaknesses.
You rest your case. Duly noted, and what a mutha fucking vacuum, to say the least. Insane triceps too - Wow!

Arnold, cutler, yates. I think they used to keep white guys around longer than they should have.

Must admit, Arnold looks like the one to beat a n these photos. Especially the top photograph.

Yeah I think it was an off day for Mentzer. From what I know he never competed get regularly so he may just have gotten his peak wrong. Easy mistake to make.

In these photos he does look like a guy who's misstimed his peak and come in flat, watery and bloated. He likely looked better the day after once the carbs had time to get processed by his body and fill him out.

Apparently Mentzer was a low calorie low carb dieter, therefore if he did try to load a bunch of carbs too close to the day his body would not have been able to process the sudden influx effectively and that may well have resulted in this look we see. If I'm right he would have looked better 24 hours later but we'll never know.

I'm a big Jay Cutler fan, but this was enough to beat Jay on the day:

View attachment 190830
This one bothers me because I'm a Cutler fan. Victor came insanely complete for the 07' Olympia. Jay's thickness was just the way it was, but aesthetically and separation Victor might have had a slight edge.
Jay_VS_Victor_07).png

Usually when I go back and look at the judging again, I find that even if I didnt at first agree with the results, I do on second inspection get why the judges gave it to who they gave it to.

Although I will say I still tend to think Hadi probably should have won this past year.

I was talking with a friend I train with every so often earlier today, and he asked me this exact question:

- "Who should have taken 1st but didn't, and it still bothers you?"

Kevin 95' Olympia...Levrone vs Yates. Ronnie is the most dominant bodybuilder ever, in my opinion, and Kevin didn't have what it took to beat Ronnie. Dorian on the other hand had mediocre legs, weak chest/arms, and a wide waist. Dorian's back and conditioning were nearly unrivaled. The bottom line is I had Levrone winning in 95' but I could be biased as Yates's physique was not my favorite, to say the least.

What's a show and loss that stands out to you, and why?

Kevin is the first to admit that Dorian"s work ethic for year round heavy training gave him on edge with that trademark granite condition, especially in the calves, hamstrings, glutes and back.

This one bothers me because I'm a Cutler fan. Victor came insanely complete for the 07' Olympia. Jay's thickness was just the way it was, but aesthetically and separation Victor might have had a slight edge.
View attachment 190879
Wasnt this also the year Jay had a bad shot or something on his left arm? I mean it looks a little smooth but I can't really see it all that well...

Chris Cormier should have won the 2004 Arnold Classic.

Poor Chris got 2nd place six damn times, but he definitely beat Cutler in 2004 IMHO.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131