over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

who was your inspiration?

SVFootball

Registered
im not sure about everyone out there, but i was coaxed into this world of psychotic training and dieting routines by phenomenal physiques and my desire to be one of those "freaks." my question is who is the guy that made you say "damn, i want that to be me"?

personally, i started out wanting to be toney freeman. he was the first bodybuilder i met personally and really inspired me. but after looking over my physique again, im thinking BBing isnt for me. i dont have the naturally full muscles and the thin waist, so im leaning towards strongman later on.

one person that really inspired me to get into strong man has been Kevin Nee. what he's done at his age is just amazing to me...and that is honestly a physique i say i want to have.

so who was yours? ...and explain you lazy BBers :p

I was a kid watching the movie The Predator. The part in the beginning when Arnold grabbed Carl Weathers hand. "Dillan, you Son of a Bitch!!! Whats the matter, does the CIA have you pushing too many pencils?" I seen the Oaks arm flexed up, and that was all I needed. I wanted to be all jacked and go kill aliens too, hahahhaha.

I was 15, and I was attending a prep school in western MA called Winchendon Academy. I weighed all of 155 lbs. @ 6 ft. I met a kid there from Omaha, NE named Robbie Leveen who was a monster! He was about 5ft. 9, 225 lbs. The school had a great gym, and four days a week he would persuade me to train with him. (read: being called a pussy and threatened with bodily harm) Six months later I was already at 175. Once I saw what was possible, I was hooked.

Dorian here also! I haven't seen anyone even close since!

Larry Scott, Arnold, Serge Nubret, Sergio Oliva, Danny Padilla to name a few

Arnold because of his movies and I bought his "Modern Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding" when I first started lifting, although it was a friend of mine that inspired me to start lifting. I saw his arms and asked "how can I get arms like that?"

LMAO He-man and the Incredible Hulk! Always wanted to look like them when i was little. Then i entered my first bb show as a teen...saw the monsters back stage...and that was it!

I was watching World's Strongest Man on television when I was a very young child and I decided that I, too, want to be a "superhero". A cartoon come to life.

In the bodybuilding and weight lifting area....

LOL...yeah He-Man and Incredible Hulk influenced me by the physiques they portrayed to have on the screen. When I was little, I already thought the more muscular physiques was cool.

Add on Conan movies (and the Hulk), and that made Arnold and big Lou my first 'real person' influences I think.

Later it was Dan Duchaine, and believe it or not, Bill Phillips/MM2K for a long time...until he decided to go a different path:rolleyes:

BMJ

Roy Callender was the first time i met a pro bodybuilder face to face...i remember thinking my God one side of his chest is as wide as me!Other than him,i guess Arnold was my inspiration.

it has to be Arnold for me but I've always admired Sylvester Stallone and I have even more respect for him recently :)

I would have to say a few people. Im glad someone brought up He-man because I thought i was the only one.

Biggest Inspiration:
1) Arnold in his Conan movies
2) He-man
3) Seeing that silhouette picture of Paul Dillet
4) An assistant football coach I had

Biggest disappointment:
****Meeting Mike Quinn. Seriously made me want to quit this sport all together.

At first for me it was WWF's The British Bulldog, biiiiiiig MOFO.....Then when I learned more about BB'ing I really enjoyed watching Sean Ray on the morning Flex workout programs they used to have on TV. I wonder why they stopped those?? They were very helpful.

im not sure about everyone out there, but i was coaxed into this world of psychotic training and dieting routines by phenomenal physiques and my desire to be one of those "freaks." my question is who is the guy that made you say "damn, i want that to be me"?

personally, i started out wanting to be toney freeman. he was the first bodybuilder i met personally and really inspired me. but after looking over my physique again, im thinking BBing isnt for me. i dont have the naturally full muscles and the thin waist, so im leaning towards strongman later on.

one person that really inspired me to get into strong man has been Kevin Nee. what he's done at his age is just amazing to me...and that is honestly a physique i say i want to have.

so who was yours? ...and explain you lazy BBers :p

My Dad...I have pictures of me when I was real little with my sister and I am trying to workout with him.....He still at 72 trains every other day and does cardio most days and he looks like he is 57....

Quentin Coryatt- First round draft pic of the colts and was close friends with my sister's boyfriend who also played for the colts and he also became a close friends with our family as he would always come over so my mom and grandma could feed him....When I was 15-17 he took me to the Colts Training complex a bunch of times and we would do our linebacker drills then lift...he was a big mofo and strong too... He was a good friend to me his years here while playing football...I am very lucky and grateful to be able to have a good influence on me when Iwas that age as he didn't drink or do any drugs and was alwyas respectful and nice to everyone.... When I was that age I trained like crazya dn ate tons of protein and rice to get bigger cause he always told me that if you wanted to be as big as him that I had to eat my chicken and rice....:D

Attachments

• 04F.jpg
    04F.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 119

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner