over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do you want to be “jacked”?

beast405

Well-known member / Kilo Klub
Registered
Why did you want to become “jacked” and stay that way despite knowing the possible side effects that can come with this lifestyle. What’s your why? Mine started because my I saw my father working out at a young age and always looked at him like a super hero. Also I dealt with some insecurities as we all do and I feel weight lifting and being “swole” has helped me deal with that (or maybe just hide it better lol ). And to be honest I just love looking different than the average man and turning heads and getting compliments about my physique. Those are just a couple reasons. What’s some of your reasons why ?

Yeah, I followed my dad a bit too. He still works out in his mid 70s. I had asthma since I was 8, and hated team sports anyway, so training alone fit nicely.
I also responded quickly when I started at 15. Today, I think it looks "odd" to be without muscle. Not in any dysmorphic sense, just preference.

I’m fragile and insecure on the inside, like a little mouse. So being large and intimidating on the outside makes me feel better. Started with my pops as well, slangin and bangin with him on a Marcy home gym when I was 13. That son of a bitch is 64 and still built like Hercules. Well over 6 foot , I’m barely scraping 6ft

I was a small kid for my age so probably because of that. And he-man figures were jacked. Now few things in life compare to a great workout. So I am just a addict.

When I was around six I was with my parents at a funfair in the summer I saw a guy who years later became a friend of mine. Dude was jacked and lean like a golden era bodybuilders. For whatever reason this picture created in a second my whole future.

Besides being molested by a black guy at about age five, living in a ghetto neighborhood being bullied. Group of black kids surrounded me and was mad at me because I was white. Danny a guy a year older was bigger than i, bones and muscle, and I saw him walk by, I quickly jetted over to him and asked him to help me. He told me to leave and he'd take care of them. I walked and ran away. That stuck out in my mind.
I was locked in an adolestant center. I was fourteen and fifteen, I got jumped because I was white. It was beat up white guy day. Every white person got jumped in the shower. The black guys that were in charged were simply more muscular and beat the white guys up. Happened multiple times.

More than likely a bad experienced childhood. Currently Im more muscular than ever been. Would not be this muscular if didnt compete in bodybuilding. Done with classic, competed six years in that division and judges let me know I'm suited for bodybuilding division.

On a side note the first time I saw Arnold in the Terminator did something to me to see a guy that none would ever think about messing with, at his size.

Tbh I just want to be really strong, and you can’t be as strong as I want to be without accruing tissue.

But I don’t want to be fat, so now I’m strong and have muscle and look semi-jacked since I’m lean-ish

I grew up with all brothers, all roughly a year apart in age. Whether it was who got the last strip of bacon, had the best grades, or who was the biggest/tallest/strongest, everything was a competition for our parents' approval. My father saw to that. He just didn't realize how unhealthy it was to set us against each other.

I never see my brothers anymore except weddings and funerals and it's probably not a coincidence. Because I'm still competing with them to this day and it's utterly exhausting. Even so, can't seem to break free.

I was a junior in highschool and had never lifted weights or cared. Me and like 10 of my friends go to the gym one day at school and the coach has us all lay down on the bench and do just the bar. All of my friends did several reps - I got pinned by just the fucking bar on the first rep. Most embarrassing moment of my youth, but it woke a demon in me and I never looked back.

I never started out wanting to be jacked.
I liked the performance enhancing aspect.
As in I could jump higher. Was much stronger in the post. Could perform at the highest level day in and day out. Recovery.
The jacked thing has always been secondary.
BTW. I discovered gear while playing college basketball.

I wanted to be a freak like Lou Ferrigno in the Incredible Hulk. I wanted power and to shock people. I started benching at age 12. I got gyno and thought it was breast cancer. My doctor said to stop benching and it would go away. It didn’t. At age 18 a girl dumped me and told me friend I was so skinny it made her want to puke. I saw Arnold in Predator opening night, Friday, that night. Monday I joined the gym with a friend. It was so painful! I hated it! I’m not a quitter and was addicted within a month. Funny thing is benching pressing again at 18 made my gyno finally go away. It must have raised my testosterone enough to counter the estrogen? 6 months later that same girl saw me and told my friend I got too big and looked like a freak in a bad way. Women!!!!

Besides being molested by a black guy at about age five, living in a ghetto neighborhood being bullied. Group of black kids surrounded me and was mad at me because I was white. Danny a guy a year older was bigger than i, bones and muscle, and I saw him walk by, I quickly jetted over to him and asked him to help me. He told me to leave and he'd take care of them. I walked and ran away. That stuck out in my mind.
I was locked in an adolestant center. I was fourteen and fifteen, I got jumped because I was white. It was beat up white guy day. Every white person got jumped in the shower. The black guys that were in charged were simply more muscular and beat the white guys up. Happened multiple times.

More than likely a bad experienced childhood. Currently Im more muscular than ever been. Would not be this muscular if didnt compete in bodybuilding. Done with classic, competed six years in that division and judges let me know I'm suited for bodybuilding division.

On a side note the first time I saw Arnold in the Terminator did something to me to see a guy that none would ever think about messing with, at his size.

I was molested too i am sorry to hear you went through that bro. That really will fuck a kid up. We have a lot of sick F#cks in this world and they get to walk around free. its BS.

I was a fat kid, and one day somewhere in the vicinity of middle school I decided that I was going to fix it. (I was also maybe a little bit on the suicidal side leading up to that, never tried anything though). After making that decisions it just kind of snowballed. One day I found a bodybuilding magazine (don't remember the particulars) and that was that, snowballing complete.
I fully give bodybuilding credit for me being alive and in that I feel that I owe it something...to do and be the best I possible can. Which to me means becoming a monster and as said above, Leaving humanity behind

It all comes down to insecurities. Either was bullied, felt weak or didn't get female attention.

It's okay, nothing to be ashamed of. It's part of my journey

Last edited by a moderator:
Being jacked is like a security blanket it keeps trouble away a lot and if something were to happen I'm in most situations physically equipped to handle things.

Growing up I was a boys boy, action figures, action movies, just loved combat and the macho man sort of thing.

As a young adult I hit some life challenges and the weights were my sanctuary my meditation and outlet. It's stuck ever since and is one of the things I enjoy the most in life.

For me it was a combo of being a chubby insecure kid combined with my love for 80s and 90s amazing shitty action flicks with Arnold, Sly, Van Damme, etc… and I’ll always be that insecure fat kid in my head so that’s what keeps me going and not wanting to revert back.

For me it was a combo of being a chubby insecure kid combined with my love for 80s and 90s amazing shitty action flicks with Arnold, Sly, Van Damme, etc… and I’ll always be that insecure fat kid in my head so that’s what keeps me going and not wanting to revert back.
Same here, raised on that '80s propaganda: GI-Joe, He-Man (Looking back now didn't age too well that one...) Terminator, Commando, Blood Sport, Predator, Rambo and WWF (loved every minute of it) so had to get huge, was a skinny kid and started high school at 12 so got picked on a lot.

Started lifting because my mom was a competitive bodybuilder, knew my way around a gym and I wanted to look like the heroes on the big screen, kept lifting I just feel better when I do it.

Look better in the mirror, life is more regimented, more successful at work, better self esteem....
Life is better when I'm in the zone, it's just that simple.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear