over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Working out with the woman

Pain in the ass (and slows me down) changing plates on/off for deads/squats/ leg press etc....no thanks.

I train with Jamie as often as I can. In fact, there is no person I'd rather train with, man or woman. She's not your average gym girl, that's for sure.

Why not give it a shot once or twice? If you hate it, go back to training solo.

Umm, you are 48, are you training for the Olympia? You can't adjust 1 or 2 nights a week and lift with this woman? It's not like she is making you watch a Mathew McConaghy movie. Maybe you could work something out where you train with her and then afterwords she gives you a .......kiss. Or something.

Partners

My young daughter (9) goes with me some days and from day one I explained the rules.
1. Don't talk during sets
2. Ask before u lift anything
3. If its my set ask my partner (treat each others kids as our own).
4. If she wants to do what we do she stands to the side and uses light DB's.
5. Keep that damn treadmill turned down before it kills u.

Usually we walk in and I go straight to work and she will bounce from treadmill, dips and elliptical for 45 mins. Then gets bored and start coping us. I always ask her if she wants to do anything else before we leave and give her 10-15 mins that's all about her.
In 5-6 years she will be out working a bunch of men. Her squat form is unreal with just bar for 3-4 reps. Assisted dips ( bout 1/2 body weight) sets of 15-20 she loves dips.
It's cool if u set the rules and let her know u need some time for ur stuff and she has to do her thing away from u.

Lol @ suggesting he treat his woman the same way you treat your 9 yr old.

Make those days less intense training days (arms, shoulders, chest).. They can still be hard workouts but generally speaking those days are not as difficult as leg or back. Usually on leg and back you dont think clear and you'll forget what you talked about which could get you in trouble later.

Also, push her. When she is talking say come on its your set, etc.. Encourage her to work hard and train, not to talk.

My girlfriend competes in bikini and we are both in the gym at the same time pretty much everyday. We have different routines obviously but she trains very hard so when we do workout together it's always a good workout. Our second date was doing back and biceps haha

My wife is also my best friend she works out with me and for the most part its great but when its time to get down to business I send her off to do her rows that she likes to do and she knows when the bigg wheels go on the bar its time to shut up and or split LOL
I love her to death but she talks so damm much !

My wife workout at the same time as me and we spot each other when needed. Otherwise we do our own thing. She is more territorial than me at the gym which is funny. On Monday I think she made a guy leave the gym that tried to take her bench that she had set up already.

My wife workout at the same time as me and we spot each other when needed. Otherwise we do our own thing. She is more territorial than me at the gym which is funny. On Monday I think she made a guy leave the gym that tried to take her bench that she had set up already.

Hahaha my gf does the exact same thing. It's so funny to see lol

i make it a habit to train with my woman now and then. i love being a solo trainer but lover her more and enjoy the time. she supports me and understands my music thing. what i do is wear just 1 headphone and when its my set i put both on and when done take 1 off. we push each other.

she will do a cardio type class and then come meet with me for 20-30 mins for end of weights and i save some stuff to do with her. just sometimes on things where i go really heavy using plates we need to switch it up cause stripping the weights can suck!

i guess decide whats more important and go from there.

goodluck

My girl always gets bitchy and tells me to hurry up, lol. So I train with her once a week at the most.

My wife is probably the best training partner I have had. She was my first client when I started as a personal trainer at the Alaska Club, we started dating while training together for a powerlifting meet (first of many). She spots me on heavy lifts without any problems.

I even proposed to her while she was in the squat rack. Right after a leg curl, leg extension, squat giant set. I figured my best chance for a 'yes' was to pop the question while she had absolutely no oxygen left in her brain... and it worked.

Love my wife but not sure if training with her would be best for our marriage. She takes 10 mins to tell a 30 sec punch line and then starts on the next story. Now I could see me training with my daughter, she can really find her zone and concentrate on business at hand.

My wife is probably the best training partner I have had. She was my first client when I started as a personal trainer at the Alaska Club, we started dating while training together for a powerlifting meet (first of many). She spots me on heavy lifts without any problems.

I even proposed to her while she was in the squat rack. Right after a leg curl, leg extension, squat giant set. I figured my best chance for a 'yes' was to pop the question while she had absolutely no oxygen left in her brain... and it worked.

The Art of War. Great "courting" story. Most guys use alcohol to make women more receptive, Norm uses the squat rack.

My wife of 8.5 years (second time around for both) trains with me everyday. We do the same routine except for a few things related to a damaged elbow she has -- different poundages of course. She spots me, takes even 45's off if they are low enough to the ground and loves to beat her log book.

You should see the looks and a few comments from gym buddies when she applies resistance when I am in the hyper doing lower back, front abs, and obliques. I do 20 reps of each and then she pushes down on my head for the last 5. She has it down so that she applies just the right amount to let me complete the positive, but the 5th she makes sure she wins. Of course she almost has to straddle me and it looks like she is forcing some action for herself. People usually say, wow I bet you guys are really crazy at home if you are like this in public, or something like that.

Also, I would not want to be coming home to a woman that wasn't fit, so I am glad she wants to workout. Early on, she did do the talking to me thing in the middle of a set, but let's just say I fixed that.

There are several serious couples at our gym. We all seem to be happy in our relationships.

Last edited:
I couldn't work out now with a girl in a regular basis and give it a 100 percent. Deadlifts and squats and shit are stressful and I would have to be in my own head with music Etc. once in a while maybe as a get together or in like a private gym, that's just me thou.
If I had a garage gym and I was married I would make sure my wife was squatting etc but dunno if I would be able to give up the alone time of the gym with out it being the perfect girl.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131