advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Worlds Strongest man contest, these guys aren't that fat anymore!!

I dont watch this much, but was flipping through the channels and caught it yesterday. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with these guys. Not just the strength, but they're fucking monsters!!! I mean forearms you dont see that often, a width that they would have to turn sideways to walk through a door frame. They carry a little more bodyfat than bodybuilders, but not like they used to. A few of them looked more bodybuilder than strongman/powerlifter. Some guy named David Knee from Texas, fucker was enormous. Like 300 lbs and maybe 12%?? Or this Marius Pudjonowski from Poland. Fucker is insane. It motivated me to want to start strength training more

this months muscle and fitness i think it is there is a strong man in there who claims he is at 8% bodyfat. i don't think he is that lean but he does have some visible abs.
hopfully those guys are realizing bodyfat doesn't help them either? or does it? i would think they would want to be in shape, not necassarily ripped but by no means fat. i thnk that would hurt some of their scores in some events -STEELE

Well, I think putting on muscle/strength is def easier w/ a little bodyfat, but the older/more experienced I've become I've found that there is a fine line. You eat too much and the opposite can happen. I become weak and lethargic from over eating sometimes too. 10% is a good spot to be in for me when it comes to making easier gains

I watched the same show this weekend. I was thinking the same thing. These guys look awesome.

this months muscle and fitness i think it is there is a strong man in there who claims he is at 8% bodyfat. i don't think he is that lean but he does have some visible abs.
-STEELE

I always get a kick out of that, see it all the time with pro football players...so and so has 4% BF...ha!

Back to the topic, yeah the strongman of today are bonafied athletes.

i agree marius is an animal, crazy strength

marius always keeps me on my toes

Yeah, get this. This sick fuck pulls the shit out of his calve muscle, but says screw it and still competes. The next event is the 50,000 lb truck pull, guy just says fuck it, I dont need my calves that much cause my arms will pull the shit. INSANE. And he got 1st in that event!

mariusz was really impressive, especially in the truck pull or the plane pull. i find it extremely amazing that he won both of those with a strained calf.

didn't Mark Henry a wrestling pick up a hummer and win the worlds strongest man competition awhile back?

Henry was the first guy to win the Arnolds Strongest Man

extra bodyweight does help in some strongman events like the car carry/Yoke-Walk...i got a friend i can kick the shit out of in every event be it powerlifting, strongman but when it comes to walking with weight on our backs his 100 plus pounds makes it easier for him...it may have to do with extra cushioning, i dont know

you gotta love pudzianowsky( yeah i spelled that without looking it up :) )they guy is almost inhuman. and his conditioning is fantastic to boot.

maruis is an idol, he is a direct view of a cross of powerlifter and bodybuilder, like ronnie as well, most have higher body fat cause they dont cycle the carbs, and which in return can lose strengh

WSM has become a little bit of a beauty contest. Not to bash them but the strongest of the strong are the IFSA.. Savickas, Koklyaev, Varistyuk, Benni, etc.. and they look a little different (i.e. no 6 pack). But still even some of the IFSA guys like Ortmeyer and Poundstone are in pretty damn good shape. Just proves what Svend Karlsen always said, "you don't have to be fat to be strong!".

WSM has become a little bit of a beauty contest. Not to bash them but the strongest of the strong are the IFSA.. Savickas, Koklyaev, Varistyuk, Benni, etc.. and they look a little different (i.e. no 6 pack). But still even some of the IFSA guys like Ortmeyer and Poundstone are in pretty damn good shape. Just proves what Svend Karlsen always said, "you don't have to be fat to be strong!".

didnt savickas and varistyuk do WSM?

WSM and IFSA have events that sometimes are very different

IFSA is a lot more geared towards raw strength events such as presses, stone loads, etc
WSM events involve a lot of endurance events, lots of carrying, farmers walks etc etc

So im not surprised to see WSM guys carrying less bodyfat than IFSA guys, carrying extra unneeded weight is a lot more hindering in the WSM, and a lot more endurance work is needed.
This is why Mariusz is unmatched in the WSM (although Poundstone nearly had him this year!), but when competing in the Arnold (which is a lot more like IFSA) he was only fifth...

I'm glad Marius won.

But, did anyone notice how all the events are Marius's worst events? Or the majority were his worst.

I was told they set up the events to suit Pondstone and Phister as it was in their home town...

I was told that by a strongman too.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity