over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

wow im sold on tumeric!

DK0223

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
nuff said....
the part that really got my attention, was the volunteers who took 500 mg of curcumin(main ingredient) per day for 7 days, and their hdl increased 29%. seems too good to be true, but i hope it is lol

Turmeric

Last edited:
What kind of curcumin did they take?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

On the Meriva licensed extract with Vitacost brand. It was cheap. Is Meriva decent?

Familiarize yourself with this.

**broken link removed**

For the record, I'm not downplaying curcumin. I use it. Do you not think if this boosted HDL statistically across a large population based setting with all variables controlled it would be labeled and Rx'd?

nuff said....
the part that really got my attention, was the volunteers who took 500 mg of curcumin(main ingredient) per day for 7 days, and their hdl increased 29%. seems too good to be true, but i hope it is lol

Turmeric

That's all it took?!

**broken link removed**

For the record, I'm not downplaying curcumin. I use it. Do you not think if this boosted HDL statistically across a large population based setting with all variables controlled it would be labeled and Rx'd?

Yea I thought it sounded a little too good lol. Thanks for that link, good perspective on how to interperate literature.

**broken link removed**

What kind do you believe is most effective ?

Indian studies are really biased because of the ayurvedic medicine. But I'm sure it does help but 33% hdl in 7 days? Right....

**broken link removed**

Excellent point to keep the hype in perspective. It's a valuable supplement but the hype surrounding it right now is at all time highs.

I've been thinking about adding this to my supplement stack for awhile. Do you think 500 - 1000mg would be worth it? I'm going for meriva for cost/effectiveness. Knight I think it is in your supplement stack do you feel any difference taking it or not? For me it would be mostly for the liver/cholesterol benefit. Anything else is plus

**broken link removed**

Not to mention any culture that puts Tumeric in most of their foods would already have good cholesterol readings across the board.

What kind do you believe is most effective ?

I use this Jarrow brand. Jarrow Formulas : Curcumin Phytosome

I can't say one way or the other which is more effective, I douno?

My interest is for the anti-inflammatory purposes systematically on the body as a whole, in particular neuro-protective.

With that said, a concern of mine is, there seems to be a re occurrence of contamination/recalls with different brands of Turmeric from time to time.

Yes, Meriva phytosome seems almost as popular as bcm-95. They're definitely the ones mentioned by most.

Last edited:

My interest is for the anti-inflammatory purposes systematically on the body as a whole, in particular neuro-protective.

With that said, a concern of mine is, there seems to be a re occurrence of contamination/recalls with different brands of Turmeric from time to time.

what are your thoughts on tumeric for heart health/cardiovascular?

Bro..you know curcumin is extracted from turmeric since it is responsible for most all of its positive attributes? Cook with turmeric and take curcumin.

Bro..you know curcumin is extracted from turmeric since it is responsible for most all of its positive attributes? Cook with turmeric and take curcumin.

Thank you!

Bold in my post ↑

thanks...
so how do these anti-inflammatory effects of tumeric compare to that of omega-3?

Last edited:
I keep buying in to all supplements and it's hurting my bank account. I'll pass this time.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear