over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Xcel's Lastest Dilemmas

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The mind-games are coming on strong with this ol' bull :(

During my Wed., 08/31/05 workout - when I was doing a pullup, I could feel that I tore my lat. I stupidly, finished (partially) my workout but with extremely light weights. The next day it actually felt much better but I'd figure a couple of day rest was in order. Friday it felt better yet (things are looking GOOD) then when I was putting deoderant on under my left arm, I had a BLACK 12" long by 5" wide bruise running from tricep down my back along the edge of my armpit.

By Sunday 09/04/05, I felt good enough to do a workout - no problems. On Monday, 09/05/05, when I was doin a slow contraction with heavy weight on barbell curl, I pulled a forearm muscle - BAD. It hurt so bad it was difficult to pick up anything of much weight. On this day prior to this happening, I did bench press and backed off to 295lbs cause of my sore lat. To my surprise, I got 8 reps without too much problem!

I kept working out around my various weaknesses. I had to drastically reduce amount of weigh for back AND use straps for every/anything. And I COULD NOT do ANY type of curl cause of forearm pain.

Now it gets even better :mad: On Sun, 09/11/05, I was working on my truck - installing a Flowmaster and K&N Filter system. I was trying to loosen a bolt in the engine compartment that WOULD NOT break loose - this is another story that I won't tell as I'll really embarrass myself :eek: I was using the bos-end of a combination wrench with another comb wrench locked together to get more leverage. I was really pulling on this with ALL my strength and the wrenched popped off and my right hand slammed against the engine compartment. It samcked the compartment so hard it broke open the skin. I know I didn't "cut it" on anything because the cut is VERY jagged.

I went into the house cleaned it up and bandaged it, then finished my project. When I finished, I went into the house to clean up and change dressings. I tlooked worse this go around and I was afraid of infection due to all the dirt.

Si, I went to the emergency room and to make a long story short, they numbed me up and put in 6 stitches. I still get a kick when the nurse goes to take my BP as she's wrapping on the arm band: "Oh my, a weightlifter."

Stiches come out next Tue, 09/20/05 ::ction-sm I gonna not workout 'til then so I don't get any complications like having it break open. It's still bleeding today :(

Doesn't it suck how the injuries seem to pile up all at once. I've been dealing with the same kind of crap. I strained both tendons above my knee caps, so I can't lift SHIT on any leg movements. Then, my left shoulder got dislocated doing hammer presses. The damn thing just popped right out. After that, the tendonitis in my elbow that I've had for about ten years decided to flare up on me, so now I can't lift shit with my biceps. And all this took place after breaking a rib doing leg press about three months ago. :rolleyes: Sometimes I think maybe I should be doing something else. :D

oh NOOOOOOO! :eek:
Bad things come in 3s; let hope you are on the upswing now buddy.

Hey Excell

You'll get through it Buddy, stay positive, best of luck

God Mike S ......I wish they only cam in threes ......for two years straight my life has been filled with injuries , death/ sickness of loved ones or pets , and despare ..........I kinda just hope that it ends soon .....cause I am emotionally beat ........Sorry to whine

Excell ..........becareful amigo ......torn muscles take time .....Sorry about your recent misfortune .....Keep your head up chief .....

Iabadman said:
Excell ..........becareful amigo ......torn muscles take time .....Sorry about your recent misfortune .....Keep your head up chief .....
Yea, since I was too stubborn to quit completely when I got those two injuries, the cut/smash is just god's way of forcing me to take a break :angel-:mi

Jeez Exel, sound like you can be a little hard-headed. :)
I hope you heal up ok.

hate to say it but....

i'm glad i'm not the only one who had a rough week :)

that really sucks!! and the hand thing while working on the car.... that was just insult to injury

well, it CANT get worse buddy

heal up and get back in there!!

xcelbeyond said:
Yea, since I was too stubborn to quit completely when I got those two injuries, the cut/smash is just god's way of forcing me to take a break :angel-:mi

Damn buddy... hope it's all over

I HOPE YOUR LAT HEALS UP QUICKLY, XCEL!

WHILE YOU WERE IN THE DOCS OFFICE .....NAW, I AM NOT GONNA ASK ABOUT THE NURSE! LOL...

THAT LAT INJURY SOUNDS REALLY BAD. I ALWAYS TELL MYSELF THAT I AM GOING TO BACK OFF ON THE EATING WHEN I AM UNABLE TO TRAIN AS HARD AS I'D LIKE TO ....BUT I ALWAYS EAT ANYWAY.

YOU ARE A GOOD MAN, XCEL. :)

Hope you heal quickly bro, and till then SPECIALIZE on those calves!! :D

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

PS I always find increasing my Vitamin C intake helps me heal faster.

Excel does the lat look different than previously when you hit a lat spread?

take a little break

Xcel-

Take a little break- do the legs/calves thing for a couple of weeks, and enjoy the prioritization. I'm sorry to hear about your injuries, but it seems I'm always have some injury too (I'm 43).

Regards,

Eric

PS Xcell - I know I haven't formaly introduced myself to you, but I think we did correspond over Mr. H's F-board a cuople of years ago- and I want to chime in on the way you MOD here- this board is the best because of you, the other Mods, and of course Big A - ok, shameless ass kissing :)

Last edited:
Been there done that I feel as the older I get the more it happens aarrggg. So my workouts are shorter and less frequent now days seems to be working. MM

DOGGCRAPP said:
Excel does the lat look different than previously when you hit a lat spread?
Thanks for all the concerns everyone :jumping-:

It usually takes weeks if not months for bruises to go away on this body! This one is almost gone already (over 75% of it)!!! I did see about the Lat Spread and that doesn't hurt nor look any different. It really "LOOKED" like a MAJOR injury - but I guess looks can be deceiving :spo:t-smi

I haven't worked out at all - mainly because of my home gym. I think that lifting the 45lb'ers will break open the stitches. My legs are not my best body part but they are my strongest/largest (except calves). I would definately work on them if I didn't have to man handle weights around - loading and unloading.

I can see through the bandage that it's still bleeding today :(

Just wonder how it was going since you posted this. All better now?

SS

I'm simply amazed how fast the lat healed. If any of you have had a bruise that's associated with a muscle pull/tear (like a hamstring, which I've had), it generally takes a while to recover.

Not only did the buise go away quickly, I've been back to normal regarding the lat. Since you need to "grip" everything when doing lats - uses the forearms - I'm at about 85% with my grip. I've been using straps but cannot use the normal amount of weight from forearm pain.

I did get another BIG-ASS surface bruise - this time on my right arm - after switching up shoulder workouts. It's about 5" in diameter and has moved from the biceps around to the triceps - I expect it to start dropping towards my elbow next :( The similar bruise on my left arm is still "slightly" there after about 3-4 months!

Great to hear that things are starting to turn around you deserve it.

I had a similar bruise appear on my back. I never felt any pain but one day I had my shirt off and my gf said OMG what happened to you back??????

I looked in the mirror and I had a huge deep purple and red bruise about 8 x 12" I had no idea why it was there. Never even hurt but about 6 weeks later it was gone.

CROWLER

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926