over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yates at 97 Olympia

Especially if you want to get injured.

I think HIT does have it's place but as Rep mentioned,,,if you train like that all the time,,,,I know I would end up injured. I use it for periods when I'm really strapped for time and I often dont stay on a HIT routine for more than 10 weeks.

Yates him self has said u should only train HIT all out for 5-6 weeks and then back up and lighten the weights for 2 weeks to get a break from it. Ur not supposed to keep going balls to the wall indefinitely. Just like Doggcrapp.

All of Yates'injuries came during the last 2 months before contests because he didn't back off the intensity, by his own admission, like he should have during that phase. It has nothing to do with training HIT per say.

Yates him self has said u should only train HIT all out for 5-6 weeks and then back up and lighten the weights for 2 weeks to get a break from it. Ur not supposed to keep going balls to the wall indefinitely. Just like Doggcrapp.

All of Yates'injuries came during the last 2 months before contests because he didn't back off the intensity, by his own admission, like he should have during that phase. It has nothing to do with training HIT per say.

+1 He also says now that in the final weeks you won't gain any muscle either so going all out doesn't make a lot of sense. Just train to maintain.

Attachments

• 1998-mr-olympia-222.jpg
    1998-mr-olympia-222.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 720
I think HIT does have it's place but as Rep mentioned,,,if you train like that all the time,,,,I know I would end up injured. I use it for periods when I'm really strapped for time and I often dont stay on a HIT routine for more than 10 weeks.

Guys I know cycle training methods. Sometimes weekly

What 2 muscles are those that run down the middle of his back as he is first walking out on stage? Absolutely unreal, looks like two huge camel humps sticking out of his back.

rhomboids.

prime-movers in a barbell row.

:yeahthat:

:yeahthat:

Another point I would like to make is, I have seen a number of people on various forums who were of the opinion that HIT is hard on the joints and/or had a high risk of injury. In the latest issue of MD Magazine, Yates stated that he has no joint pain presently.

With the training injuries that he did have, they did not occur on the last rep of a set or the failure rep but in the middle of the set. If training to failure is what caused the injuries then they should of happened on the last rep of the set.

Yates also stated this month, that he also tore a muscle in his back a few years ago doing some grappling.

Yates didn't compete in 98. That was Ronnies first win.

My bad. That same pic of Nasser was on a site with '97 shots. I also remember a lot of people saying Nasser beat Dorian. I stand corrected.

My bad. That same pic of Nasser was on a site with '97 shots. I also remember a lot of people saying Nasser beat Dorian. I stand corrected.

In Dorians words, he stated Nasser looked good from the front but when he turned to the side and especially from the back is where he lost out to Yates.

High level bodybuilding brings risk.....years and years of heavy weights....

Our last 3 massive Mr Olympia's went to the well and back with training and they all trained differently and they all tore muscles.

Yates tore his bicep with a undergrip row of about 365 pounds in his prep in which he admitted he should have not been going so heavy during prep
Yates tore his tricep on pullover and presses going heavy again during prep

Coleman tore his lat and his quad once early on and again the same quad later...and maybe his tricep (that's still up to discussion whether he has a slight tear on it or its all nerve damage)

Cutler tore his bicep and now tore the other bicep

Whats common in all these guys? They were the big dogs on the block during their reign...everyone was trying to catch up to them....so I guess heavy weights count for something....overall size with heavy weights for reps which resulted in multi Olympias .....and the risk is there in doing so.

Our last 3 massive Mr Olympia's went to the well and back with training and they all trained differently and they all tore muscles.

Yates tore his bicep with a undergrip row of about 365 pounds in his prep in which he admitted he should have not been going so heavy during prep

Coleman tore his lat and his quad once early on and again the same quad later...and maybe his tricep (that's still up to discussion whether he has a slight tear on it or its all nerve damage)

Whats common in all these guys? They were the big dogs on the block during their reign...everyone was trying to catch up to them....so I guess heavy weights count for something....overall size with heavy weights for reps which resulted in multi Olympias .....and the risk is there in doing so.

It should be very interesting to see if Phil Heath has more longevity and avoids these injuries/tears due to the fact that it's well known he doesn't train insanely heavy. Age catches up with them/us all, but perhaps major injuries won't find Heath as they did his predecessors..?

It should be very interesting to see if Phil Heath has more longevity and avoids these injuries/tears due to the fact that it's well known he doesn't train insanely heavy. Age catches up with them/us all, but perhaps major injuries won't find Heath as they did his predecessors..?

I feel like Phil is stronger than he gets credit for…I'm with you that his training just look "safe" compared to these guys, but he is a strong SOB.

I feel like Phil is stronger than he gets credit for…I'm with you that his training just look "safe" compared to these guys, but he is a strong SOB.

I wasn't suggesting he wasn't strong...but I don't see him in any videos doing anything that would be considered pushing the limits. I'm not sure I have seen him deadlidt OR row over 315...No insane pressing or squatting, etc. Nothing ever crazy impressive or freaky or even for shock value...which is cool as I'd rather see the truth than silly shit he doesn't do on the regular.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I thought Yates tore his bi doing 1 arm preacher curls.

and think coleman admitted he tore his tricep doing pushups warming up for a guest posing. said he felt it happen but didn't realize what it was for a month.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131