over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

You longest high dose cruise

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know alot of competitors especially bigger guys run higher dose cruises between cycles for extended periods even years. Ive talked to one guy that has moved uo a weight class every other year from light heavy to super heavy and his cruise between cycles is 4iu HGH and 600mg test (pharmacy test and HGH) He's 34 years old and done this since 2019 and his labs are still good before a blast.

I recently ran into a guy i use to train with years ago and he's still pretty damn big and hasn't competed in 21 years. We shot the shit for a while and i asked what his TRT doses were these days and he replied "i came off my last blast when i competed down to 750mg test a week and been there ever since"

This dude is 63 years old now and been running 750mg test for 21 fuckin years.!!! Has been seeing a cardiologist for 23 years , and says the only issue he has is mildly elevated blood pressure the last frew years and elevated hematocrit so he HAS to donate every 6 weeks

Makes me wonder what some of the older pros who are still pretty big and in great shape like Milos "cruise " at.

I’ve been on since January 2022. I’ve been on pushing for most of that time with the exception of december 2022 into the end of January this year 2023 I was cruising on 120test, but it was a short cruise, and I still had some appreciable amount of tren e 500ish mg tapering from my system that I stopped a few weeks before my cruise.

I think most of the reasons why it matters dose wise, is the higher those dose, the more may have to be managed from a blood pressure, Hematocrit etc perspective. But those things can still be managed to a high degree.

So to answer the question, the dose I’m running is almost always blasting, but I will cruise on a low dose, because the time I need to be cruising for is going to be short enough to the point I’m not worrying about loosing muscle size and fullness temporarily. Since my goal is still to grow as quickly as I can long term

I know alot of competitors especially bigger guys run higher dose cruises between cycles for extended periods even years. Ive talked to one guy that has moved uo a weight class every other year from light heavy to super heavy and his cruise between cycles is 4iu HGH and 600mg test (pharmacy test and HGH) He's 34 years old and done this since 2019 and his labs are still good before a blast.

I recently ran into a guy i use to train with years ago and he's still pretty damn big and hasn't competed in 21 years. We shot the shit for a while and i asked what his TRT doses were these days and he replied "i came off my last blast when i competed down to 750mg test a week and been there ever since"

This dude is 63 years old now and been running 750mg test for 21 fuckin years.!!! Has been seeing a cardiologist for 23 years , and says the only issue he has is mildly elevated blood pressure the last frew years and elevated hematocrit so he HAS to donate every 6 weeks

Makes me wonder what some of the older pros who are still pretty big and in great shape like Milos "cruise " at.
Just a comment on your 63yo friend. If I can cruise at that high of a dose. Or just test and hgh and maybe tbol, that would be ideal.
All I need are 25 more years. To see my 9yo make it past college and to see my new born make it out of high school.
After that I'm ready to go. Kinda tired as it is.

hmmm... perhaps there really is no need to drop to a trt dose at all then :unsure:

this of course, varies on a case-by-case basis

Hasn’t Milos stated he never drops below 500mg in an interview?

I believe this is how a lot of pros really lose a ton of size when they stop competing. Going on a proper TRT dose/lowering the dose significantly.

Guy C for an example, I know he was 212 but his upper half seems to have drastically got smaller.

In the UK, most pros/top amateurs are only really “ cruising “ for 4-6 weeks so I guess the gear is still in their system.

Yea they are cruising for 6 week but the gear they use its still in the system for 2-4 weeks depends what they use, like Jay Cutler said he went complete off for 8 weeks but he used EQ in offseasons and EQ has long half life so basicly never where complete off.

probably varies from guys that come totally off for a couple of months to guys that never drop below 1g. Health/genetics/personal choice being the reasonings

I however doubt there’s many really big guys that come off or cruise for more than 4-8 weeks a few times a year when you look at the competition schedules and wanting to make offseason progress it doesn’t lend itself to much downtime UNLESS you’ve pretty much maxed your physique then you could probably go low dose during your offseason

Wow 750 a week for 20 years. Makes me think the horror stories are overplayed.
ive been thinking this more and more. Seems to be this notion that the second the clock turns you to 40+ your a ticking time bomb with your heart ready to explode at any second On anything above testosterone fumes.

Wow 750 a week for 20 years. Makes me think the horror stories are overplayed.
ive been thinking this more and more. Seems to be this notion that the second the clock turns you to 40+ your a ticking time bomb with your heart ready to explode at any second On anything above testosterone fumes.
Exatcly my thoughts, and you even hear the guys on tren whole year round for years with perfect health and blood work, i quess it depends on the person.

This is just crazy to me as I rarely go over 600 to 750mg of test now. Push up to a 1000mg in a growth phase.

Genetics, size, bodyweight etc all play a role I suppose. But I’ve never seen a need to cruise over 300mg if you have everything else dialed in and all the factors covered. HGH, training, diet, recovery. For me a cruise is 6-8 weeks based on goals and show dates. Longer if I can.

If you’re an Olympia level pro at 260-300 pounds that’s a different story. You have to maintain that and look decent year round as it’s your career. So not uncommon to use a gram to cruise or more.

IMO many people who aren’t at that level justify a high cruise dose by saying they “need it” when the reality of it is they just don’t want to lose how they look for that small window of time.

At the end of the day trust the blood work and do annual extensive heart testing if you want to take that risk, but even then you may not catch everything. But most guys know the risk of this sport and is a personal decision.

Probably much the same concept as the guy who smokes a pack a day for 70 years and dies at 95 and the guy who smoked when he was a teen and then quit in his 20’s dies of lung cancer at 45.

There are outliers on both sides but most probably tend towards the middle. What that middle is for test? Not sure we know, is it really as low as 100-125 per week, is it really as high as 750 per week?

Why health monitoring is so important.

I believe this is how a lot of pros really lose a ton of size when they stop competing. Going on a proper TRT dose/lowering the dose significantly.

Guy C for an example, I know he was 212 but his upper half seems to have drastically got smaller.

In the UK, most pros/top amateurs are only really “ cruising “ for 4-6 weeks so I guess the gear is still in their system.
Hmmmm, well I guess we will find out! My current protocol is Emeric's 10mg of test a day and humanofort, I plan to attempt to stay on this. So if I don't shrink down then that means that diet + training really are the most important factors in maintaining good muscle mass. Will I be fucking jacked? NO will I shrink down to nothing like some of these retired pros? I highly fucking doubt it. If I do then all this work and knowledge I have done and accumulated over the past 30+ years was all for nothing.

Funny to hear "come off" or "cruise for 6-8 weeks"...LOL

That 1gram of test E you were running is still having a party in your system LONG AFTER you stop taking it.
#thepartydontstop

Funny to hear "come off" or "cruise for 6-8 weeks"...LOL

That 1gram of test E you were running is still having a party in your system LONG AFTER you stop taking it.
#thepartydontstop
I completely agree. I should have added that to my post but someone had mentioned it already.

Most people aren’t even using just Test E. It’s three compounds or more that can be in your system for weeks as you said.

Most people really aren’t “cruising”, but just lowering the dosage for a few weeks and dropping orals. It’s just a justification as I said to stay on more gear IMO. God forbid we don’t look like God’s for a few weeks or months. 😂 Unless you’re a 260 pound plus pro at 5’7 walking around at it’s your career it doesn’t make sense to me or isn’t worth the cost long term IMO.

This is why I personally have never competed more than once a year because it leaves no time to really have a good health phase or whatever you want to call it. I like to run low doses as long as I can with no orals.

Question- in your prime while competing, what was your protocol for this? Did you come off? Cruise? And for how long and what dosages.

I think this is where new guys come on here and try and push back and try to jump phases in bodybuilding. And in all fairness you have Ronnie Coleman genetics compared to most guys. 😊

If this were to be done, Test ONLY would be the safest way and keep estrogen around at least 40 to protect lipids and cardiovascular markers.

@Gunsmith - your friend is "pretty damn big". Is that 225-230 and lean or 250-60+? I think the heavier bodyweight long term would be the most detrimental to health vs. the actual Test dosage. There's a reason you don't see too many 280lb 80 year olds. "Old and thin" is a thing!!

For me personally 200-300 Test/week cruising 10 weeks is good. Bodycomp and strength stays decent. I like to break things up as below during the year.

10 week cruise
16 week blast (summer)
10 week cruise
16 week blast (optional wintertime)
=52 weeks

This is a good set up because I can set the blast to be during the summer months and do a winter blast to gain or be in extra good shape for a warm trip or 2 if I want.

After 16+ weeks on I start to feel shitty/toxic/lethargic plus pinning gets old. (I've stayed on 5-9 months a few times) I will say however that I've NEVER tried staying on longer on TEST ONLY. Never thought about it but it might be something to try (although I'm getting pretty old) LOL

Hmmmm, well I guess we will find out! My current protocol is Emeric's 10mg of test a day and humanofort, I plan to attempt to stay on this. So if I don't shrink down then that means that diet + training really are the most important factors in maintaining good muscle mass. Will I be fucking jacked? NO will I shrink down to nothing like some of these retired pros? I highly fucking doubt it. If I do then all this work and knowledge I have done and accumulated over the past 30+ years was all for nothing.
I know you probably posted this a ton already..but what’s your retired workout going to look like?

You still going to do keto?

I know you probably posted this a ton already..but what’s your retired workout going to look like?

You still going to do keto?
Workout will always be the same just a higher rep range 15-30 reps. My joint hurt and my shoulders are fucked! My legs and knees are pretty good though.

No keto because I want to try and keep as much fullness as possible, super low gear (70mg test per wk) and keto would be a look I wouldn't like. I still will have very brief periods of ketosis to increase insulin sensitivity if needed.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws