over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

high hemoglobin....no more trt

littlemansyndrome

Newbies
Still waiting for the exact results but my Dr called today and said my hemoglobin was elevated and iron was low. This was before I started on my bulk diet so I'm not worried about the iron but they are withholding my try until the hemoglobin is normal. From what I've read there isn't much to worry about with high hemo. I know you can donate blood to reduce it. Any experience with this? Recommendations?

You might want to get retested just to make sure the tests are accurate.Were you well hydrated when you got blood drawn.

Bit weird to have low iron but high hemoglobin, im thinking dehydrated too. I suppose its possible, but iron is one of the main building blocks of hemoglobin. I am on HRT from endo and I see my hematologist once a month for a phlebotomy if needed. He wants it to be close to 15 and no more.

What kind of dose does he have you one and are you doing IM injections or gel?

I've had high hemoglobin before and started donating blood as much as I could. That fixed the problem. I've never had low iron though.

Strange ur Doc took U off ur HRT first thing mine said when numbers got high was go donate blood
Do a search there is plenty of info on donating

Strange ur Doc took U off ur HRT first thing mine said when numbers got high was go donate blood
Do a search there is plenty of info on donating

I agree and would def get another test to ensure accuracy...

Take a moment and read through these threads.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/hrt-forum/94216-high-hemocrit.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...n-levels-blood-what-can-i-do-please-help.html

You can be Iron anemic and yet have high hemoglobin, I mentioned this in these threads. I don't believe it would be wise for you to stop your TRT, as this will only manifest into hormonal/ neurotransmitter imbalances. I would suggest speaking with your physician about using at least 50mg per week.

I would also suggest, if there is no cardiovascular/ pulmonary,or blood disorder that's causing the elevated HH, that you would like to have a sleep study done.

Go get another test. I have had so many screwed up tests from Quest and Labcorp. Just had one. Doc called and said creatine was 320. High normal cutoff is like 30 or 32 pn Quest. Totally ridiculous. Went to quest for redo today.

Also, if you go give blood it will help hematocrit. I did it once before. Brought me back in normal range. Mine was only like a point or 2 above norma before giving blood thoughh

Still waiting for the exact results but my Dr called today and said my hemoglobin was elevated and iron was low. This was before I started on my bulk diet so I'm not worried about the iron but they are withholding my try until the hemoglobin is normal. From what I've read there isn't much to worry about with high hemo. I know you can donate blood to reduce it. Any experience with this? Recommendations?

Do you know what the exact # of hemoglobin was? What about hematocrit #?

I'm on Trt and my doc said to just donate blood every time that u can but at least every 6 months.

Good information guys thank you! I don't know my exact numbers but she just sent my iron supplements.... 325 2oz daily! So it must've been low. I had all the classic symptoms, tiredness, dizziness, out of breath easily, no concentration.

Good info Stewie thank you. Apparently the hemoglobin can still stay high if the iron has recently dropped. I didn't quit the TRT, I'm just not getting it through the VA. I also started nubile diet the day after the test so I'm sure my levels have changed. I will keep you advised.

I'm assuming it's Ferrous sulfate your physician prescribed you...Be sure to take your Iron supplement with 1000 mg of vitamin C. Avoid taking within a few hours of any calcium or if your on any thyroid meds, schedule your dose 3-4 hours apart. I would also recommend you take in plenty of fluids as well as supplemental magnesium citrate for constipation from the iron.

I would highly consider lowering your dose of Testosterone as previously mentioned, stopping Testosterone besides the aforementioned on rollercoaster effect of sex hormones/neurotransmitters. Hepcidin is a peptide hormone produced by the liver, in which regulates how iron is utilized. Exogenous Testosterone has a suppressive effect on Hepcidin, in return helps iron uptake.

So in essence this should help restore your Iron/Ferritin levels a little quicker. That's if you don't have to do any routine phlebotomies.

Iron will raise your HH, So this becomes a double edge sword while trying to restore Iron/Ferritin levels. If you have any sinus congestion,work diligently on correcting this. Also if you may have even the slightest thought you may have OSA (Sleep Apnea) without hesitation speak with your physician to have a sleep study done.

Iron anemia is strongly associated with impaired thyroidal function as well ACTH >Cortisol secretion... Low Cortisol output. There is strong evidence that long term iron anemia is linked to cardiovascular disease.

You have a long road ahead(months), this is depending on your well heme levels rise, hopefully within a range you don't need further phlebotomies.

I already have a sleep study scheduled at the end of the month. I am stuffed up a lot on a regular basis. I am running 750 test 300 tren weekly, not a crazy amount. So far theres no constipation, i eat a lot of fiber and alresdy supplement with 4000 of vit c daily.

You are very knowledgable, are you in the medical field? Im a paramedic and even i didnt know all of this!

I already have a sleep study scheduled at the end of the month. I am stuffed up a lot on a regular basis. I am running 750 test 300 tren weekly, not a crazy amount. So far theres no constipation, i eat a lot of fiber and alresdy supplement with 4000 of vit c daily.

You are very knowledgable, are you in the medical field? Im a paramedic and even i didnt know all of this!

Moderate/severe rhinitis has the probability of raising your hemoglobin, how this occurs is similar to those whom have hyperventilation syndrome. As low body-oxygen levels from hypoxia that is caused by mild/chronic hyperventilation, upper chest breathing, and habitual mouth breathing,this sends signalling to our bone marrow to increase RBC production to compensate for the low O2 levels.

I would guess you have some sort of allergies that you should speak with your physician about checking for both indoor and outdoor allergies, as well as food allergies. Allergies trigger asthma, asthma can raise HH.

I have a very good relationship with several of my physicians.GP,Pulmonologist, ENT and Endocrinologist. They are willing to share as much knowledge in regards to questions I may have in person or direct email.
Recently started on my BSN, hopefully working towards a MSN if I live long enough. Career change at 48 years old challenges the mind. Not that 48 is old... just I haven't been in a classroom in 32 years:eek:

Last edited:
You're an asset to this site, wish everybody was as knowledgeable. Thank you. I'm actually allergic to everything except feathers and cockroaches. I'm highly allergic to everything here in Florida lol. But I don't react like most. I might occasionally sneeze during high pollen, and get stuffed up. That's when I take prescription loratadine(claritin).

I'm going to stay on top of it thank you. Just curious but do you see any inhibition of gaining on high ferritin? I'm trying to clean bulk

You're an asset to this site, wish everybody was as knowledgeable. Thank you. I'm actually allergic to everything except feathers and cockroaches. I'm highly allergic to everything here in Florida lol. But I don't react like most. I might occasionally sneeze during high pollen, and get stuffed up. That's when I take prescription loratadine(claritin).

I'm going to stay on top of it thank you. Just curious but do you see any inhibition of gaining on high ferritin? I'm trying to clean bulk

I believe you mean low Ferritin? Generally, Yet not always,low Ferritin is associated with Iron anemia. They go hand in hand, as Ferritin is a storage protein of iron.

High Ferritin in conjunction with Iron anemia, one would rule out severe inflammation,in which this would be best for a Hematologist to determine.

As far as gains, yes both High and low Ferritin levels would hinder gains... Low causegs less oxygen to site cells in the muscle. Also myoglobin relies on iron and ferritin for proper function. When muscles are damaged through exercise, myoglobin is released into the bloodstream and travels to the muscle site for repair. Myoglobin like hemoglobin carries the needed oxygen and nutrients. However, if myoglobin levels are low because of low ferritin, muscle repair will be delayed.

Also Ferritin has a functional role with our thyroid function, low levels of FE equate to reduced metabolic effect of thyroid hormones. Low FE is also sets the stage for one to have cognitive impairment,affecting neurotransmitters.

High Fe, again...inflammatory damage,oxidative damage, muscle damage. This would be more from one with hemochromatosis. 

Edit: Has your physician looked into what may of caused the Iron Anemia?

Last edited:
As others have said, just donate blood every couple of months. It works like a charm.

As others have said, just donate blood every couple of months. It works like a charm.

Well that's not such a wise idea... he's iron anemic... which means his fuel tank is about empty.

Kaput :eek:

With each phlebotomy he's losing approximately 250mg of iron... depending on his saturation levels.. he may not even have 250 mg to spare :eek:

This is a first for me. I see her at the end of the month. I'm going to research it and go in with at least a minimal knowledge so I can help narrow down the pathology.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightprowler7
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131