over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

47% hematocrit 15.9 hemoglobin

Have you at any points just gone completely off AAS including test for 8 weeks? I do that ~once a year adn another two times go off for 3-4 weeks. That gets my hematocrit down from as high as 56% to 46-47%.

I had very top of range rbc/crit even before trt, ~12+ years ago, when serum was 200-300. Normal doses don't move it much but 10% higher pushes me through range obviously. Ive never tested below 45-46 I decades, or at least as long as I can remember. Haven't come completely off. I can do phlebotomy whenever I want so I just keep tabs on blood levels and lower it via weekly pints every now and then as needed.

Different for me but appreciate the info. I've had super low iron (I forget how low but substantially lower than range) but crit around 48 and noticed nothing. Wouldn't have known except I got an expanded panel.
I’ve had issues with low ferritin and high end HCT/RBC’s. The symptoms are from low ferritin (iron deficiency without anemia is the diagnosis) are as shitty as they come (dizzy, blurred vision, weakness, awful fucking anxiety, elevated HR/BP etc..). Non of which I had a problem with prior to donating. Donated on a Sunday and Wednesday I was in the ER with the symptoms above.

I’m no longer a fan donating. If you choose to donate, read the fine print on the Red Cross website and consider supplementing iron if you’re a frequent donor.

Each time you donate your ferritin levels drop about 35-50 (can’t remember exactly as it’s been a while since I researched it). A couple of weeks after my last donation my ferritin was 28. Normal range was 38-380. Felt like complete shit!

My HCT runs along 51-52% and RBC’s around 16.5-17.0 on TRT. Doc doesn’t have a problem with my HCT being elevated, but has me on iron until my ferritin increases. Currently at 68.

Never heard of nattokinase, but I’ll have to check that one out. I read somewhere that donating blood regularly can help lower blood pressure. I’ve been thinking of starting to donate blood again just for that reason. Do you think donating lowered your BP at all? Congrats on keeping that crit in check brother! I’m glad you found something that works for you.

Be sure to use the Search function! These subjects that you're asking about have been discussed at length on the forum.

I’m no longer a fan donating. If you choose to donate, read the fine print on the Red Cross website and consider supplementing iron if you’re a frequent donor.

Each time you donate your ferritin levels drop about 35-50 (can’t remember exactly as it’s been a while since I researched it). A couple of weeks after my last donation my ferritin was 28. Normal range was 38-380. Felt like complete shit!

My HCT runs along 51-52% and RBC’s around 16.5-17.0 on TRT. Doc doesn’t have a problem with my HCT being elevated, but has me on iron until my ferritin increases. Currently at 68.
51-52% is a very good hematocrit for an AAS user

I dropped a urologist before because I was on TRT but my testosterone level still tested high (go figure) and he told me he wasn’t sure if he could keep treating me anymore because he assumed I was intentionally taking a high dose to build muscle.

I asked him if he told his patients who smoked cigarettes or ate a lot of highly processed foods the same thing.

He couldn’t help but tell me that was kind of a good point 😂

It's crazy the stigma associated with AAS users and even from medical professionals. A large percentage of people seeking medical care are there because of the way they live. Chain smokers getting coughs and/or even throat cancer. Obese people who eat complete shit daily having issues with well everything (insulin, cholesterol, digestion etc). People with skin cancer who abuse tanning beds. Drug addicts OD'ing. Would they not treat any of those people but if you dose 500mg test per week that means they shouldn't treat you because you are irresponsible and you brought all your issues on yourself :eek:

I have never given blood once in my life. My blood markers go up/down through the year and simple steps can be taken to have them come down if that's ever needed.

I had very top of range rbc/crit even before trt, ~12+ years ago, when serum was 200-300. Normal doses don't move it much but 10% higher pushes me through range obviously. Ive never tested below 45-46 I decades, or at least as long as I can remember. Haven't come completely off. I can do phlebotomy whenever I want so I just keep tabs on blood levels and lower it via weekly pints every now and then as needed.
Can you elaborate on what “top of the range” was for hematocrit/hemoglobin as not all labs use the same range. I’m curious how high they were assuming you were hydrated before yoir hematocrit dropped to 45-46

This is pretty incredible. I have been taking the same dose of nattokinase as of late but haven’t checked my numbers since. I’m also eating some natto on top of that.

Can’t remember if you’ve ever mentioned this but do you use a cpap?

I’m also starting to notice a weird trend where sometimes, higher dosages raise hematocrit more than TRT level dosages. I never had an issue with hematocrit until I lowered from blasting doses to TRT. It’s so weird.

You must have been extremely lethargic when you were donating all the time. One of the worst things bodybuilders do is donate all the time and trust me, I was the worst offender of that error. There is absolutely zero reason a bodybuilder should donate more than an average man.
I have been on a cpap for over ten years. I now have it down to a science. However if you don't use it properly it can be a problem. I sometimes fall asleep without it and then put it on for a few hours and the next day is horrible. Hematologist has it in my records as a cause of high hemo. It can be. There are bad cases like me 20 inch neck back sleeper allergies sinus issues and partially deviated septum. I have considered getting the surgery but insurance won't cover it and is making it difficult for me to get it as they say if any medical issues arrive at a later date it won't be covered because it wasn't an insurance approved surgery. There also are mild cases of apnea that many are treated for as well.
I had a horrible Hematologist the first time.
He wanted to do weekly draws until I was down to 45. I did have horrible fatigue after each draw which lowered me by 1.5%.
I left his practice and he sent me a nasty letter telling me I was at risk for stroke etc.
Fucker died a few years ago and can't say I felt any sorrow.
I kept it under the 60 range for years by giving blood 5 to 6 times a year. Those draws never seemed to drain me like they did years before. My third Hematologist now is ok he is happy with 55 anything over they draw a pint. But it’s close to 2 years now no phlebotomy.

Once it gets to 55 its time for people to treat it in some way by blood donation or lifestyle changes. I never had an issue with ferritin or low iron. I had so much stored iron in my body and blood it was not a problem. And they did comprehensive testing the whole time.
I don't fully agree that those that say it's safe just because those living in high altitudes have high hematocrit as it's the body evolving to adaptation of low 02. What we are doing is blood doping and it can get uncontrollable when cycling all year. I wish I was one of those guys that aren't affected by it as many heavy juicers seem not to be affected by it.
I still feel everyone should give blood 2 to 3 times a year. I even met a female bodybuilder at the clinic who was getting bled. She was on androgen and it stopped her cycles so she had some pretty high blood levels.

I’ve had issues with low ferritin and high end HCT/RBC’s. The symptoms are from low ferritin (iron deficiency without anemia is the diagnosis) are as shitty as they come (dizzy, blurred vision, weakness, awful fucking anxiety, elevated HR/BP etc..). Non of which I had a problem with prior to donating. Donated on a Sunday and Wednesday I was in the ER with the symptoms above.

same boat. what brand iron u taking. i am on this one

https://www.feramax.com/

same boat. what brand iron u taking. i am on this one

https://www.feramax.com/
Doc had me on feramax, after a week I was constipated. Switched to Mary Ruth’s vegan iron supplement. It’s ferrous bisglycinate, I take it with 1000mg vitamin C. Easier on my stomach, no constipation.
Doc approved it saying the best type of iron is the one you can tolerate. With iron, I’m learning that slow and steady wins the race.

I dropped a urologist before because I was on TRT but my testosterone level still tested high (go figure) and he told me he wasn’t sure if he could keep treating me anymore because he assumed I was intentionally taking a high dose to build muscle.

I asked him if he told his patients who smoked cigarettes or ate a lot of highly processed foods the same thing.

He couldn’t help but tell me that was kind of a good point 😂
Eliminate all the patients that are in the situation they are in due to their own choices/habits/fault and you will have to fire 90% of all health care workers. Can you imagine if mechanics refused to work on cars that were in their shops due to owner neglect? lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity