over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does HGH really build muscle?

GDADDYG8

Registered
Anyone have any studies showing it builds muscle and not just bone and ligament?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This question has been asked many times before...

But to answer you, I don’t think there is a single one...

HGH definitelts helps with fat loss and definitely helps with muscle fullness (by which methods I do not know) but it definitely doesn’t build muscle....

At least not at the 4-6iu range I was using it at for a year..

This question has been asked many times before...

But to answer you, I don’t think there is a single one...

HGH definitelts helps with fat loss and definitely helps with muscle fullness (by which methods I do not know) but it very likely doesn’t build muscle in adults....

At least not at the 4-6iu range I was using it at for a year..
Otherwise I fully agree.

If you paired this up with your insulin thread, that would definitely build some muscle! :eek:

I have the answer but am waiting for someone to rephrase the question and make another thread on the same subject for me to answer.

Does progressive weights build muscle?
If you are 180 lbs and want to someday be a 280lb bodybuiilder what do you have to do foodwise to accomplish that?
Guess what will keep you much leaner along that journey that you absolutely have to take to get to 280

Sounds like HGH is best used to stay lean during a bulk phase. I have never used it when I was really lean and dieting for a contest because I tend to hold water on it.

Has anyone had experience using it for a contest prep hard cutting phase? Could you comment on water retention?

Scientific data shows HGH has the ability to cause hypertrophy AND Hyperplasia (create new muscle cells). AAS only causes Hypertrophy.

However in real life practice this just does not pan out as genuine, especially when gh is used without AAS or insulin. Apparently in doses of 8ui+ this may be possible, but also that dose will cause smooth muscle growth (GH gut).

Its best for its lipotropic effects. Used with AAS and insulin it has a synergistic effect.

Scientific data shows HGH has the ability to cause hypertrophy AND Hyperplasia (create new muscle cells). AAS only causes Hypertrophy.

However in real life practice this just does not pan out as genuine, especially when gh is used without AAS or insulin. Apparently in doses of 8ui+ this may be possible, but also that dose will cause smooth muscle growth (GH gut).

Its best for its lipotropic effects. Used with AAS and insulin it has a synergistic effect.
I believe what the OP is asking is for someone to show us this "scientific data" because some are saying there are no studies to prove this. Ive heard a lot of ppl saying the same thing you are saying but are they just repeating what they've heard or do they actually have some scientific data that they can post up and show us. Honestly idk one way or the other and i dont just take someone's word for it and i also dont think scientific studies are the be all end all for things either.

Where do you think the "mass-monsters" came from? lol

No it doesnt...guys need stop saying it builds muscle.
Other things build muscle, this just helps to heal, stay lean, supposedly creates new cells to grow.

The water weight in your muscle is an amazing look though.

The TLDR of the thread linked above is that there is ZERO evidence for the claim that GH causes muscle growth. In adult humans, GH causes neither hyperplasia nor hypertrophy at the (supra-physiological) dosages used in studies.

As DC points out, there are many other benefits to GH use. Given the same caloric surplus, the GH user will stay leaner while accumulating muscle tissue than a non-user. Similarly, a GH user can run a higher calorie surplus while maintaining body fat levels and therefore accrue more muscle tissue.

Also, the effect of GH on joint and tendon health is well established scientifically and in line with anecdoatal reports. If your connective tissues heal faster, you can up your training intensity and less injuries means less breaks and more progress over a given year of training. For me, this is the most important benefit of GH. Little nagging injuries that usually would require reduced volume and intensity for weeks disappear within days and thus allow me to train harder and to make more progress.

Very well said bro!

The TLDR of the thread linked above is that there is ZERO evidence for the claim that GH causes muscle growth. In adult humans, GH causes neither hyperplasia nor hypertrophy at the (supra-physiological) dosages used in studies.

As DC points out, there are many other benefits to GH use. Given the same caloric surplus, the GH user will stay leaner while accumulating muscle tissue than a non-user. Similarly, a GH user can run a higher calorie surplus while maintaining body fat levels and therefore accrue more muscle tissue.

Also, the effect of GH on joint and tendon health is well established scientifically and in line with anecdoatal reports. If your connective tissues heal faster, you can up your training intensity and less injuries means less breaks and more progress over a given year of training. For me, this is the most important benefit of GH. Little nagging injuries that usually would require reduced volume and intensity for weeks disappear within days and thus allow me to train harder and to make more progress.

This makes sense to me. What dose do you think is ideal for staying lean in a calorie surplus? 2ui AM and 2 iu PM?

This makes sense to me. What dose do you think is ideal for staying lean in a calorie surplus? 2ui AM and 2 iu PM?

There's a trade off here. Consistently elevated blood levels (from frequent injections) are ideal in terms of lipotropic action. However, frequent dosing may be to the detriment of insulin sensitivity and thereby counterproductive to nutrient partitioning toward muscle tissue.

So in practice, any dosing schedule from twice daily to eod dosing will be similarly effective. Keeping an eye on your HbA1C or fasting blood glucose will tell you if you run into problems with insulin sensitivity, in which case you may want to switch to a less frequent dosing scheme.

Also, I personally prefer dosing either pre workout and/or before bed, for reasons discussed in other threads. But that's again something that's not gonna make a huge difference and which people disagree on.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4160183/#!po=74.5283

In previous studies on subjects with long term AAS supplementation (9±3.3 years), we observed significant higher frequency of newly formed myofibers in AAS users than in the non-AAS users, indicating that steroid can induce both muscle hypertrophy and hyperplasia [14], [15].

We've discussed this topic several times, this is one of many.

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...e-forum/129617-hgh-muscle-growth-studies.html

Seems like everyone agrees HGH helps keep you lean. It also decreases insulin sensitivity. There may be some muscle growth from it. That is debatable.

Insulin is a very powerful hormone that shuttles nutrients into your cells (muscles, fat, brain, liver, etc.)

Insulin can be paired with HGH to battle insulin sensitivity and give you the best of both worlds....staying lean, keeping your muscles full of glycogen, and a safe blood sugar level.

It's not debatable, if you think it is, you haven't used it correctly.

GH increases recovery and reduces catabolism, as EVERYONE has pointed out since Dan Duchaine started making a big deal out of it in the 90s: Increasing recovery and reducing catabolism=GROWTH.

In fact, testosterone itself may be technically more "anti-catabolic" than "anabolic."

Increased recovery means more workouts, more intensity, more weight, more strength gains, and more muscle gains.

This isn't an indirect effect like it might seem, it is a DIRECT effect of increased recovery.

Therefore GH builds muscle.

QED

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear