over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

life support......

I read something once ....It might have been by Wayne Dyer.....it said said ," Change your thoughts . Change your life !" I just want to remind you that this is true ......if you realise there is no one to blame .....no excuses ....there is just your thoughts and what you choose to do with them ...so many people fail to take responsibilty of their lives or understand the power they pocess in their mind......Most you here came here to be better bbers? But how many of you are even using visualization , affermation , and writting down your goals ? I bet not many ..........you know why Arnold is Arnold ? Becaue he thought big and that he could achieve anything........the thing that I want you guys to understand in this thread is that so can you !!!! Your thoughts are your perspective and your perspective is your truth ......Get it ? Got it ? good !!!

Just wanted to jump in and say thanks to everyone that responded to my post! Thank you to Iabadman for starting this thread.

Does anyone here have a problem with being content? It seems that no matter what I obtain in my life, no matter what goals I set and achieve...no matter what I own....I'm always wanting more, always feeling unfulfilled. There really is something to the quote "no happiness in having or getting, only in giving" but I still find it so hard to be happy with things, always feeling like im missing out on something more, or that I'm wasting time etc. Can anyone relate to this?

I can relate to you brotha, i lived for a long while just wanting and being unfulfilled,it was always something with me,when is a house good/big enough 1000,2000,3000,4000 feet? when is a vehicle pimped out enough? when you spend 20,30,50k? when does it stop? when will a woman be beautiful enough? I think the advise that the Monk gave Iabadman is the best you can get! you can spend your whole life consuming and at the end of the day be empty, you will be much more fulfilled by giving.

Does anyone here have a problem with being content? It seems that no matter what I obtain in my life, no matter what goals I set and achieve...no matter what I own....I'm always wanting more, always feeling unfulfilled. There really is something to the quote "no happiness in having or getting, only in giving" but I still find it so hard to be happy with things, always feeling like im missing out on something more, or that I'm wasting time etc. Can anyone relate to this?

It's very easy to become insatiable with all kinds of things when you don't lay out goals. Don't get me wrong; lay out goals but be thirsty for those results; that's when you can be wanting. After reaching goals, that's when you can be giving.

For example, I am content in a major area of my life. I'm not even 25 yet and I have a wife, 2 vehicles, a house with a back, sides, and front yards, and pets (just no white fence :D). That was one of my goals and I completed it, thus I'm content. I now take my blessings and give to others; whether they need a good home cooked meal or a place to crash as an example. Hell, I let my neighbor's kids use my yard and bury their kitten and plant flowers with it. If God is willing enough to bless me with things, then I should be willing enough to bless others.

My physique is another goal, and having not completed it to where I want it to be, I am not content yet. That's one area I'm wanting more, but once I reach my goal physique, I will be able to maintain and be content.

It's very easy to just go through life jumping all over the board, wanting all kinds of shit blindly. Basically, just set out goals brother-achieve them, become content, and give to those that need help reaching their life goals.

Sort of related-Granted, I know not everyone is a philanthropist, but it sure makes you feel good when you use your blessings and give to others in some form; just giving simple shit like time and a ear helps others. Give it a try.

Actually brothers, I could use some advice.

I'm a young and dumb 24 and happily married. :D We plan to have kids in the future; probably will start trying around 4-5 years. How much should I save up until then?

Seriously, I have no idea how much a kid could cost me in a year LOL.

Thats a good queastion. Provided your kids are in good health the early years are pretty cheap. When they get older, depending on thier intrest, the cost comes in .I got married about a year ago and gain a 13 year old son the kind ever man hopes his kid will be like hes tall about 6 3 very athletic liked by all and just a good kid all around, except for the regular teen bs hes great. He plays competitive basket ball and the cost can be pretty hi many time 2k 3k for a weekend at turnaments and other out of state trips.My three year old nephew, who im now caring for cause his mom just cant seem to get it together is pretty cheap to take care of cause hes still young. I didnt have shit as a kid and grew up on gov. cheese there were no sports, trips, or any of that, i wouldnt want my kids to have the same.I
If you get your self well established now it makes it alot smoother going when you have kids. There is no saying the total cost, but its a good idea to be perpaired.Remeber there is food, clothes, activities, and even college in some cases. Kids are a joy and when you see them starting to resemble you in the actions and demenior it will bring a smile to you face every time.
So i guess the real answer to this question is save as much as you can your gonna need it:D

Last edited:
" Cherish your vision , Cherish your ideals , Cherish the music that stirs in your heart , the beauty that forms in your mind , the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts.If you remain true to them , your world will at last be built "

James Allen

Last edited:
Leadership principle...

I often have the fortune to be involved in leadership training... there are a few key concepts I throw out at the very beginning... I will share one...

"Start with the end in sight." Be it your life, your marriage, your work, etc... start with the end in sight, THEN, work through what it will take to achieve that.

Thanks to Jason for starting this thread and your advice, also special thanks to BaldNazi bro, I will hit you up when the time comes brother and few others who given advice, once again thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.

" Most of us will not do great things in our lives . But all of us can do little things with great love "

mother Theresa

Each day you can do small unselfish loving things.[ let someone in traffic , cut in line , help someone with a flat tire, ....ect ....] Lead your world by example .....each and everyday .....it doesn't take much ......

Sure bro, will offer some advice if needed. Question for you bro - my mum has breast cancer. How can I be emotionally prepare when things start going downhill? I am just worry.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Big Chef- I am truly sorry to heat about your mother. I cannot begin to imagine what she is going through. I don't know you personally but from reading your posts I know she is lucky to have a son like you.

Big Chef- I am truly sorry to heat about your mother. I cannot begin to imagine what she is going through. I don't know you personally but from reading your posts I know she is lucky to have a son like you.

Aww thank you very much Miss Q. Much appreciated and it means alot to me. :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I want to contribute here..

in my professional life I have been pushing for more to get better and realize my dreams. I have discovered a few things...

visualization works you can call it "laws of attraction" or just " positive thinking" but whatever you call it it works....it may just be like my old chem professor drilled into us every class..."chance favors the prepared mind." what does that mean? well if you are in a mind state that allows you to see an opprotunity then so be it.
for me being in my "best state" takes work...I am a guy that could literally go a week without talking to anyone...and I'm in sales!! add in being 6'3 and 275.....being quite and non outgoing doesn't help....so I have been looking to get in that positive mind state where I am the person I want to be to achieve my goals..the best me and be able to flip a switch to get there....

Jason mentioned meditation...I would recommend the book NLP for dummies....

the first half of the book tells you step by step how to recognize the best you and the attitude you want and how to get it....we can make triggers that help us get there easy when needed..and how to see signs of us going into bad thoughts..and how to lessen those triggers and get rid of them...

its a great book you may not need the second half but its great too

Right now I have been working on starting my own thing in my area of sales and it of course is very difficult I am the leader of my guys and multiple times a day I am forced to have the best me ...ready to go at a seconds notice to either inspire my guys or talk to a client where I do not get second chances.I am working with what I learned in the book and meditate for 20-30 min a morning on my triggers and steps....its amazing....

I truly believe in your mind set dictating your life and your path....its in your control to change and mold that to lead you where you want to be....

I hope you guys look at that book or into NLP coaching.....

NLP is neuro linguistic programming btw.

Lex ...great share .....NLP is powerful stuff and interesting as well ....And the book you mentioned is top notch as I have read it myself [ easy read too ] NLP is the foundation of all Tony Robbins work [ the world's top personal growth and motivatonal guru and he stole it from or borrowed from a couple of top guys from the 60s and 70s that really did some great work in that field]

When I have trained guys .....the mind is the number one thing that the guys neveer seem to buy into , yet it is the most important ......they are fine with training and dieting hard ....getting extra sleep ...pumping drugs and supps into their bodies .....but they dont seem to grasp that the mind drives it all ......and the people that master their minds are the guys that become the most successful in bbing or anything else....labrada was mythodical is mastery of himself .....and he did it consciously as I suggest ....

I am glad that you are seeing what I suggest in your everyday life .....all my best in your pursuits ......but something tells me that you wont need much luck .......that success is already coming you way because you are ready for it .......be well big lex....

I have a problem

I have been figuring out what I want in a relationship. Call it my sexual/emotional ideal. I have been working on myself for four years learning to meditate, visualize, pray for other people (this really works). I have committed to changing the person I was and have. so I meet the girl who fits the bill. I wasn't looking for her, we just bumped into each other and hit it off. And she is everything I was imaging her to be. we are taking it slow and building trust and I am so into her I can't think of anything else. I feel anxiety when I am not talking to her. It is horrible, but magnificent. I think I am so worried about losing her I might fuck it up by being clingy. Sometimes I feel like I am gonna ball like a teenage girl. Is it maybe estrogen I take 375mg Test cyp every 5 days, .5mg adex EOD. sometimes 20mg nolva for my gyno. Anyone who can help me deal so I don't blow it I would really appreciate it.

j-hawk ......this fear is understandable ,but not real ......fear is a flase emotion ....it is not real ....you haven't lost her and you are afraid of something that hasn't happened .....in turn women are attracted to confident secure men , if you are showing or acting out on this fear , I promise you will lose this amazing girl .[ congrads on finding her btw] Read my post about staying presant .......You already attracted her ....she likes you ....you keep her by being the guy she was intially attracted to .....you keep her by being strong ,loving , and appreciative ......keep her guessing .....listen ....sexually full fill her .....don't lose her because of fear or stress of losing her .....because if you do, you will ..........I suggest you look into NLP i,f you have already worked on mastering your mind ,then develope triggers that take you out of these negative emotions when those feelings are getting the best of you ......."Be an alfa -male leader "as your fellow bber Skip Laquor would say .....in fact Skip has two great mansformation courses that he offers .....they are excellent and I advise any of you guys here to purchase them and use them religiously ......they can change your life !!![ do both courses and it takes a year or two to really practice all of both ...they are both very detailed and give keys to becoming the man you want in all areas of ones self .....good stuff!!!] Don't let fear win ......it isn't real .....it be dumb to lose that great girl because you are caught up by illusion instead of just being the man you are ment to be .[ the one she first was attracted ]

thanks IBM

I want to share one more thing that I can't recall where I read but am trying to apply in every situation..." the most flexible wins"
and it also reminds me of what Bruce Lee said " be like water"

whether fighting, conducting a business deal, relating to your kids or boss ...you want to have a goal in mind but need to be able to adapt and change...I think there is a lesson in that.

"be like water"

I have been figuring out what I want in a relationship. Call it my sexual/emotional ideal. I have been working on myself for four years learning to meditate, visualize, pray for other people (this really works). I have committed to changing the person I was and have. so I meet the girl who fits the bill. I wasn't looking for her, we just bumped into each other and hit it off. And she is everything I was imaging her to be. we are taking it slow and building trust and I am so into her I can't think of anything else. I feel anxiety when I am not talking to her. It is horrible, but magnificent. I think I am so worried about losing her I might fuck it up by being clingy. Sometimes I feel like I am gonna ball like a teenage girl. Is it maybe estrogen I take 375mg Test cyp every 5 days, .5mg adex EOD. sometimes 20mg nolva for my gyno. Anyone who can help me deal so I don't blow it I would really appreciate it.

J-hawk...this is the best way I can describe the successes I have had in my relationship with my wife and we have been at it for 14 years. I hope it helps you...

think of your hand full of sand....what happens if you close your fist and try to hold on to the sand..control it in your hand?
now think of the same hand full of sand with your hand just flat? do you loose any sand......

hope you can find some help in that...

also as IBM said too the NLP stuff would be perfect for you.

Last edited:
Lex is on it ...." Be like water is a Bruce Lee quote " I love it ....you clearly have an understanding what I hoping to pass on here ......and great advice to j4 ......I love it .....this is the wisdom that lies here in pm.....tons of great resources like Lex here ......we just have to make the thread attractive and comfortable enough for them to want to share.......all about trust here fellas.......

My Story

For those of you who are newer guys to the board you probably don't know me or my history on the board. For that purpose I will tell my story as a way to list my credentials if you will in order to assist and participate in this great thread.

I was married for 17 years with 3 children to a women who was a PM featured member and figure competitor. We shared a lot of how we lived our life with the board. On the surface we encompassed all that was right about the Bodybuilding lifestyle. Good looking couple, good looking kids, well above average income, nice house....etc. We did a lot of things together and were generally seen as the model, happily married couple.

I was aware that we had some problems and under the surface all was not as well as it seemed but in my worst nightmare I had no idea the nightmare that was awaiting me. Through the years I had gotten so involved in my own issues and selfishness that I had no idea how unhappy my wife was. I never fixed stuff with myself or my marriage. I don't really think I cared enough about it to even realize there were problems. All the signs were there but man I was so far gone and off the deepened that I was just not seeing it. Long story short one day in late May of 2010 after a brutal fight were many boundaries were trampled she broke down and cried one last time. She asked me to leave the room so she could compose herself. A few minutes later she called me and said this is the last time, she has ceased all feelings for me, she no longer loved me, and she wanted a divorce. After a few days of more arguing and me trying to get her to see things my way I finally said to heck with it and packed my bags and moved to Jacksonville. I was pretty sure after 18 years together that within a few days she would miss me and I would be back. Well it never happened she moved on and I was stuck with the utter reality of where my life was and where it was going.

I rented a small apartment at the beach (The Beach Pad) and I pretty much slipped into a deep depression. Though there were some okay times the reality set in that I had lost my wife, kids, house, and general way of life. I was now living in a small beach pad in a shady area at best. With the constant influx of creepy people walking around at all hours of the night my beloved German Shepherd Dogs were miserable and nervous all the time. Not to mention the next door neighbor had 2 large male Pit bulls. We had to share the backyard and coordinate a schedule. I wasn’t having much luck financially either. I wasn’t making much money, my expenses in Jacksonville and sending money to Orlando to pay the expenses was destroying my savings, I was sinking fast and finding it harder and harder to get out of bed every day. I sometimes would spend days in the apartment without showering, brushing my teeth, and never coming out. I barely talked to the kids or my estranged wife.

Around this time one day walking on the beach I met a beautiful, young girl named Martina. She was very persistent to talk to me though I tried to keep walking. She was asking me questions about my dogs, about diet, training, and then eventually she asked me if I wanted to go to church with her. At that point in my life I was like why not. I attended the service and it was like no other I had ever been to. There were young and old of every walk of life. The music was really good and the sermon was very informative. I was really surprised about how cool and normal everything was. After the service she introduced me to her friends they invited me to come to a devotional bible study the following Saturday. At that point in my life I couldn’t imagine anything more boring than a Bible study but for whatever reason I couldn’t say no. The following Saturday I met up with the group at Panera Bread. Once again not knowing what to expect I was very surprised at not only how interesting it was but also how supportive. I really felt the bond with the group especially one guy in particular (Estavon). When he told his tale I could really feel his pain. Later that night I got a call from Martina. It was a three way call with her and Estavon. He said “Hey I know you and I know your wife.” “My ex-wife is your ex-wife’s cousin.” That was very strange indeed and I did remember meeting him. As a matter of fact I knew his ex-wife since she was a little kid; she played “Here Comes the Bride” at my wedding when she was like 14. I started spending time with Martina walking down the beach and discussing Christianity and my plight. That same group would sometimes meet on Monday nights for a spaghetti dinner. I started spending more and more time with them. Martina also started suggesting I start volunteering and donating my time to charitable events. It got to the point where I wouldn’t even ask, she would just pick me up and we would go somewhere and work. I started to realize the power of doing for others and living your life on earth as the Bible says to live it. I decided to become a born again Christian.

Around November of 2010 I reconnected with Jason (Iabadman) we would talk for hours on the phone. One night in particular we talked for 4 hours. I was really starting to see things with a much clearer perspective at this point. I realized it was not any one thing, my ex-wife, etc… that had plunged me to rock bottom. One night I wrote down every mistake I felt I made in the last 10 years. I was headed in the right direction but by no means was I cured. I had better days but I still had bad days. The disconnect with my children had left me very sad and I spent many nights crying in my apartment. Being able to speak with Jason on regular basis during these times as well as interacting with Martina and the gang really helped to get me through. The holidays were the toughest. I didn’t see the kids for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, or Christmas. I really didn’t want to see anyone for Thanksgiving. Martina kept inviting me and I kept ignoring her. Finally she said if I didn’t come over she was going to come over and get me. She also explained to me that being sad and miserable was what Satan would want for me to be. (I understand and respect that we are all not Christians here). It made sense to me so I accepted her invite as well as 2 others that were before and after her time allotted. Though I missed my kids terribly being around friends and later talking to Jason helped me get through the holidays.

Right before Christmas my dogs got into a fight with the neighbor’s Pitt Bulls. It was on a Sunday; I was watching football and planning on attending church in the evening. The neighbor was drinking with some buddies and watching football. He then left but unbeknown to me he left his dogs in the backyard. Before I left for Church I let the dogs out to use the bathroom and then bring them in when I left. Off course when my 2 GSD came upon the 2 Pits the fight was on. With no neighbor or anyone else for that matter to help it was me and 4 dogs in the backyard. I tried my best to grab my dogs and get them in the house but they were too elusive for me. I managed to get one in the house but with my back turned one of the Pits blasted me from behind. He severely bit the back of my left leg. The impact and soft sand twisted my knee and knocked me down. Know on my back the Pit started to pounce only to be intercepted by my one dog that crashed through the back door. When I got to my feet I was able to grab a large stick, restore order, and get my dogs in the house. My dog that saved me was so upset she started throwing up all over the apartment. For those of us that hit rock bottom there is always that point when one knows they have hit the bottom. At that point if someone would have handed me a gun at that point I can’t say I wouldn’t have blown my head off. Bleeding and broken I dropped to my knees and began to sob and cry. How did I get from where I was to living in a place where I was bitten by a Pit Bull. I was angry, sad, broken, and ready to thrown in the towel. I tried to call my ex-wife to rant and rave at her that this was her fault and how could she of done this to me. Thankfully she didn’t pick up the phone. I for sure wasn’t going to go to church. I had briefly forgotten about all the work I had done on myself, my faith, talking with Jason. I called down enough to attend church for whatever reason. All the while questioning how did I end up in this awful place? The Holidays everything….. The service at the church that night was being in the wrong place at the wrong time and though one thinks they are in the wrong place at the wrong time God may have put you in the right place at the right time. The rest of the sermon could have been directed at me from that point on. As crazy as it seemed I knew something good was going to happen. I remember calling Jason later that night and tell him all about the day’s events.

Unbeknownst to me, my ex-wife wanted to move out of the house for to be fair will just say for greener pastures. I am sure she was in a rock and a hard place at that time, how do you call up your ex-husband and kids father and tell them that. When she found out about the dog bite I think this gave her a reason. She called me and said “Why don’t you get out of there, I will move out and you can move in with the kids.” At first I didn’t think I heard her right. Then when I did I got back to Orlando as soon as I could. For a buffer and getting used to period they came and stayed with me for the New Year. Then right after the first I moved back in.

When my kids were first told of the news they were a little skeptical. The boys missed me but they hadn’t seen me in a while and their last memories weren’t the best to say the least. My daughter cried and openly objected. She said her and I were never that close and she didn’t really want to live with me. I took it in stride though; I knew it was going to be a challenge. I had barely spoken to them in 8 months and as my daughter said her and I had grown further apart through the years. During that buffer time I talked to each of them. I told them that I had no idea what my return to Orlando was going to be where I was going to work, etc…. All I knew was that I missed them terribly, I loved them deeply, and I just wanted to be their dad.
Flash forward to today. My daughter and I are closer then we have ever been. We have a great bond. We discuss everything and she is the lady of the house helping me get through. My sons and I though always close are closer now. My relationship with kids is better now than it ever was. I am a better father now than I ever was. Our family is tighter now than maybe ever. We do everything together every Saturday Night we have Pizza night. I give each of them equal time in things that they are interested in. I sign their papers, get them off to school in the AM, I cook their dinner, pack their lunches, and make their breakfast. I do this while working 6 days a week, still train in the gym, and walk my dogs 4 miles every morning…….. And I absolutely love it, am grateful, and thank God for it each day. I will never complain or take it for granted again because I was on the other side.
Professionally I started with sub-contractor to the local cable company. It was the bottom level job but I didn’t compare I would of taken anything. They had just gotten the contract and were in a little bit of disarray. After about a week on the job I approached them. I told them I had an engineering background and I had written many programs. I said I think I could help them get a little more organized. They told me to come in Monday at 7:00AM and they were willing to listen. Within days I had a lot of the procedures and routing engineered much tighter. They were pretty happy with everything and seemed to like me so they promoted me to Supervisor. I then wrote some programs for them that greatly increased productivity. As of now that want to now use this office and my programs and procedures as the model for their offices throughout the country. They have really taken great care of me as well. They let me be a Supervisor half of the time and the other half I work at home on engineering stuff.
Romantically I have been seeing a girl that I have really fallen for. She is totally different than any women I have known. I have no idea what she looks like to the rest of the world I only know that I am so attracted to what is on the inside of her that I find her to be absolutely beautiful on the outside. She doesn’t have fake boobs, doesn’t compete in figure or fitness, she is not a model, she doesn’t even go to the gym and I could care less. I am crazy about her. Maybe one day I will post a picture but it wouldn’t be to impress anyone with look how hot the chick is I am dating it would just to let you know who I am talking about.
So my life right now is really good. I thank God for that every day. I take nothing for granted, I give thanks, and I try to serve others and put everyone first ahead of me. I long for nothing material could care less about money and I am content with what only I need. I love Jason deeply and consider him a brother. He was with me for many of these highs and lows. I think this thread is an excellent idea and resource. I would be honored to contribute to it. I think I can relate to many of you in many ways and if you have specific questions for me by all means ask them on here and I will do my best to answer them. I also will constantly check this thread, read the posts and contribute when I think I could help.

Much love to you all and God Bless you

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nopko
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity