over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gamma Pea Protein sucks ass

gutsandblood

Registered
I just ordered 6 pds of it, and will not be able to use it do to the taste. I had read 2 or 3 threads on here about it, and how it was not that bad. Fucking Bullshit. If you can stand to drink that 3 times a day, you deserve all the muscle you want. I think it is a conspiracy. :). If someone will paypal me 20 bucks I will send it your way Monday morning.

it took a while for me to finish the 10lbs I had ordered. :(

I guess I am one of the few who like it...the taste is unique but easily acquired for myself, just received 25lbs of it and I am content.

Wife an I order 20 lbs a month... Guess you can say we like it.

I just ordered 6 pds of it, and will not be able to use it do to the taste. I had read 2 or 3 threads on here about it, and how it was not that bad. Fucking Bullshit. If you can stand to drink that 3 times a day, you deserve all the muscle you want. I think it is a conspiracy. :). If someone will paypal me 20 bucks I will send it your way Monday morning.

I'm assuming it's unflavored?

PM'd you too

There are plenty of threads on this here and over at TP. Even Dante said it if I remember correctly. You need to mix it in a blend because it doesn't taste good. BUT it's cheap so blend it with other proteins to bring down the cost.

Taste had nothing to do with it for me. When I was using it I may have well just skipped a step and poured it right into the toilet. It worked through me fast!

Tried it a couple years back. Tastes like complete shit and I usually can handle shitty ass protein. But pea protein...not even once.

Dude I was the same way, tried two diff companies now but the taste is awful. Took me 90 mins to drink one shake and thats coming from someone that drinks bcaas/eaas unflavoured in water without a problem.

What flavor?

FWIW I am a peanut butter junkie. I mean it. PEANUT BUTTER... I love it, could eat a jar of it every day. Ive looked into buying paint buckets of it at a time.

So when I bought the pea protein I threw my usual half a jar of peanut butter in. Ok, so maybe it was more like two tablespoons. Perfect way to hide the pea taste. Without the peanut butter you're right - it's kinda funky.

I always drink coconut/almond milk, peanut butter, pea protein, whey protein, greek yogurt, banana, and a scoop of whey and some nestle quick together. I'm simply addicted to it. And the pea protein gives it a thicker body like casein does, but without the bloat.

But if you try to just drink it with water I could see how you wouldn't like it.

If you got it chocolate flavored WITHOUT premium flavorings or sweeteners - their Stevia is absolutely aweful and would ruin even pure cocoa - then I will take it off your hands.

It's definately an acquired taste. What i'd recommend is that anytime you buy a new protein or flavor, only order 1# of it for a trial run first. This cuts down on costs in case you do not like it. I couldn't handle the Gemma either a few years back when I tried it, and it foamed up 2-3x it's amount after adding water, it was kind a weird. I don't remember the flavor I had,but it was probably chocolate. I think I got 5#, so it was less than 20.00 at the time. I agree with Halfway that it might be better utilized by adding it in as a blend in small amounts to cut down on costs.

You may want to just email one of the guys at TP. I'm not sure if they can do anything to help, but they are the best group of people i've ever done business with...very nice group. Good luck!

It's grown on me. Make it into a protein pudding mix with unsweetened almond milk and cool in the fridge. Throw some LBAs on top or an additional sweetener and you're good to go.

My gf found the secret to using gamma pea protein. She uses it to augment soups and stews she makes and you honestly can't tell its in there.

Bro,

I live on that stuff, no flavor, no sweetner from TN.

Don't drink it - eat it. Try mixing into steel cut oats using rice milk or almond milk to dilute, using a wisk. Add in some stevia, sugar free maple syrup, real fruit, etc.

Use your imagination, pea works well as does TN's Optimizer (pea-isolate, rice and hemp).

If pea bothers your system, use Optimizer. I also take 1 capsule of TN Protease Enzyme Complex before eating any form of protein.

Give it a shot.

TRAIN,

Mack

It's grown on me. Make it into a protein pudding mix with unsweetened almond milk and cool in the fridge. Throw some LBAs on top or an additional sweetener and you're good to go.

Bro,

I live on that stuff, no flavor, no sweetner from TN.

Don't drink it - eat it. Try mixing into steel cut oats using rice milk or almond milk to dilute, using a wisk. Add in some stevia, sugar free maple syrup, real fruit, etc.

Use your imagination, pea works well as does TN's Optimizer (pea-isolate, rice and hemp).

If pea bothers your system, use Optimizer. I also take 1 capsule of TN Protease Enzyme Complex before eating any form of protein.

Give it a shot.

TRAIN,

Mack

Exactly! There's more than one way to skin a....protein powder.

Last edited:
Another one of my favs is to mix it with brown rice, same thing wisking in rice or almond milk, stevia and some pumpkin pie or apple pie spice.

Friggin' delicious.

Man up, Bro :D

MT

Just got my first order of it from TN yesterday. Got premium chocolate PB and dutch chocolate fudge. Only tried the PB so far...and not a big fan. Definitely didn't taste like chocolate PB. My main issue is that it was much thicker they whey. I just couldn't chug it.

All that said (assuming normal chocolate tastes decent) I think I'll be able to get used to it. Been drinking whey for years so I figure it may take some time to acquire the taste. Worst case I'll mix it into my normal whey and gut it out until its gone.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131