over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein Powder

I never understood why people drew such a hard line between protein powder and "whole" or solid food. I can think of many comparisons where a whey protein would beat out a "solid food," not just due to the amino ratios but the other nutrients and bodily mechanisms it supports. Even processing can sometimes improve a food protein, like cooking eggs vs eating them raw. Even some other foods, like vegetables or fruits, can sometimes become more nutritious and more digestible after processed, heated, put into cans, whatever.

Whey = food. It's not just a source of aminos but can affect immunity, helping increase antioxidant enzymes, protect organs, increase protein synthesis more acutely compared to some solids, and a bunch of other stuff.

Some do have an allergy, not just to lactose, but to specific whey fractions.

I'm partial to the more unprocessed source of whey, milk! Lol, mostly because I love the taste. I think milk is like 70% casein and 30% whey?
Dexter Jackson had one of the longest careers in bodybuilding history and relied mainly on shakes for most of his career. If you are on a low carb diet 2 scoops of whey with a table spoon of olive oil thrown in as a fat source is hard to beat when you are on the run and need a healthy meal option.

Make it real simple just eat protein from whole food. Problem solved. Food is far superior anyway. What else are you swallowing 15-30 minutes after you drink it? Just don’t swallow anything for 15-30 minutes lol problem solved again.
This. I add around 3 to 4 ounces of chicken in all my shakes. It sounds odd but with some good protein, maybe some pineapple which takes the chicken taste away. I add that with my spinach, 6 ounces of Fairlife, 1 boiled egg, creatine, super greens, and different Proteins from True Nutrition. The shit is a great meal and on the go it is perfect. I have been doing this for around a year with great results.

This. I add around 3 to 4 ounces of chicken in all my shakes. It sounds odd but with some good protein, maybe some pineapple which takes the chicken taste away. I add that with my spinach, 6 ounces of Fairlife, 1 boiled egg, creatine, super greens, and different Proteins from True Nutrition. The shit is a great meal and on the go it is perfect. I have been doing this for around a year with great results.
Hunter Labrada has been roasted a lot for adding real chicken to his shakes but apparently it works. Sounds pretty gross though

Dexter Jackson had one of the longest careers in bodybuilding history and relied mainly on shakes for most of his career. If you are on a low carb diet 2 scoops of whey with a table spoon of olive oil thrown in as a fat source is hard to beat when you are on the run and need a healthy meal option.
I agree as far as it’s better than no food but Dexter has some genetics that allow for that much more than the rest of us.

It seems there are very few long term BB'ers especially pro's that used powders exclusively or even for the most part as their main protein source for years or even over their decades of training. There will alway some one that used the rare thing and did well. But that just makes me wonder how well they could hve been it they had more varied choices. Just seems that shows they had better genetics then most not that they made the best choices. But opinions differ. I found that the more varied my diet the more varied they different nutrients i could get in.

It seems there are very few long term BB'ers especially pro's that used powders exclusively or even for the most part as their main protein source for years or even over their decades of training. There will alway some one that used the rare thing and did well. But that just makes me wonder how well they could hve been it they had more varied choices. Just seems that shows they had better genetics then most not that they made the best choices. But opinions differ. I found that the more varied my diet the more varied they different nutrients i could get in.
I don’t think ANY used powder as a MAIN SOURCE, ever

I don’t think ANY used powder as a MAIN SOURCE, ever
I wouldn't think so but as i haven't spoken to all or even most. I leave the door open a little when making statements i can't back up.

Hunter Labrada has been roasted a lot for adding real chicken to his shakes but apparently it works. Sounds pretty gross though
Hunter transformed when he fixed his digestive issues and got away from so many whey/Rice Krispies shakes a day to whole foods.

Not sure if Ben Chow fixed that or if they are even working together. Seems not

Hunter transformed when he fixed his digestive issues and got away from so many whey/Rice Krispies shakes a day to whole foods.

Not sure if Ben Chow fixed that or if they are even working together. Seems not
Rice Krispy shakes just sounds like a bad idea lol

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear