over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein Powder

I too enjoyed muscle milk back in the early 2000s as a teenager. Sad to hear its gone downhill.

True Nutrition may be a good option. I recall Dogcrap, or whatever his moniker on here used to be, was affiliated with them. If it wasn't him then someone that was well respected. I need to do the legwork on my end first though to review ingredients.

Seems silly but I once had a client that would get an allergic reaction every time he had a whey shake. We took a few steps back and did an elimination diet only to find out it wasn’t the whey, but the almond milk he used to mix it with (I was under the assumption he was using water per my instructions).

Live and learn!

Ya muscle milk in the early 2000s was pretty good. One of my strongmen buddies was sponsored by them so I had unlimited access to it and for a few years I didn’t have to buy any. Now it’s just gross. And way too much sugar in it
See, I hated it from the beginning! Early 2000’s I used iso-pure almost exclusively..still use it a lot now

Like others said prefer whole food but can't go wrong with optimum or dymatize imo, vitamin shoppe carries both

For someone with food sensitivities I would recommend neutral whey protein isolate without any added ingredients or flavors or sweeteners, even stevia has been found to have adverse gastrointestinal symptoms. I like e.g. Myprotein Impact Whey Isolate.

Synthetek Synthepure...Lactose/Gluten free, flavorless so mixes with anything and good to cook with!

And it gains you VIP access;)😎

I'd call TN and explain your situation , they might have an idea what it is and let you buy a few different samples to test

Or just drink liquid egg whites

How would you guys rate this protein mix from true nutrition?

NAME: Custom Protein - 6248668INGREDIENTS: Alfalfa Greens Protein Powder (5%), Complete Milk Dairy Isolate (10%), Grass-Fed Beef Protein Isolate (10%), Whole Egg Protein (10%), Micellar Casein (35%), Hemp Protein Powder (15%), Grass-Fed Hydrolyzed Beef Collagen (15%)

FLAVOR: Trueflavor Cookies N CreamBOOSTS: Supergreens Boost, ProbioticPACKAGING: Plastic Jug
  • 7LB+ DISCOUNT (-$8.05)

about 14 servings per lb
Serving SizeAbout 1 Scoop (34g)

Amount Per ServingCalories

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 1.5g
2%

Saturated Fat 0g
0%

Cholesterol 45mg
15%

Sodium 210mg
9%

Total Carbohydrate 6g
2%

Dietary Fiber 2g
6%

Total Sugars less than 1g

Includes 0g Added Sugars
0%

Protein 21g
Vitamin D 0mcg0%
  • Calcium 350mg25%

• Iron 2.0mg10%
  • Potassium 0mg0%

*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.

Slight derail

Been messing around with home made protein bars lately for the heck of it….

What’s the best tasting low carb protein out there these days? One you can eat right out of the tub?

Been using PES for awhile and it takes like butt in protein bars. Lol.

Thanks.

Starting a nutrition program with a new coach and will be taking protein powder again, something I haven't done in a long time. Last time I tried taking protein powder I would get an itchy or almost swollen throat where swallowing was uncomfortable for probably 15-30 minutes after ingesting the protein shake.

I am not lactose intolerant, or at least not that I notice otherwise because I can consume dairy products without issue. Are you guys perhaps familiar with what my body might be triggering off of and provide some direction on what protein powder I should be buying / taking?

My coach recommended trying a whey isolate from grass fed beef. Interested in your opinions as experienced protein powder consumers.
EVOGEN ISOJECT

Slight derail

Been messing around with home made protein bars lately for the heck of it….

What’s the best tasting low carb protein out there these days? One you can eat right out of the tub?

Been using PES for awhile and it takes like butt in protein bars. Lol.

Thanks.
Elaborate on homemade protein bars pleasd

Elaborate on homemade protein bars pleasd

As soon as I get a better recipe - you got it !! Still in tweaking it neophyte phase. Lol

There are a ton of protein bar recipes on line. Just trying to find one w macros that make sense for me and with healthier ingredients.

As soon as I get a better recipe - you got it !! Still in tweaking it neophyte phase. Lol

There are a ton of protein bar recipes on line. Just trying to find one w macros that make sense for me and with healthier ingredients.
Yea when I was still a active duty USMC I’d do vanilla powder, granola, raisins, a dash of honey and a little marshmellow but I was still running 5 days a week so the carbs were not a problem. I’d like to find a good bake. Beverly usually has recipes but I tried their brownie bowl and it was rough. Plus doesn’t microwaving whey denature it?

Yea when I was still a active duty USMC I’d do vanilla powder, granola, raisins, a dash of honey and a little marshmellow but I was still running 5 days a week so the carbs were not a problem. I’d like to find a good bake. Beverly usually has recipes but I tried their brownie bowl and it was rough. Plus doesn’t microwaving whey denature it?

That sounds delish (!) but I’m a low carb guy. Not very active at my job at all and in my 50’s so I gotta watch it a bit more these days - unfortunately lol

Agreed - no nuking!

I'd be interested in homemade protein bars as well. I have always been a fan of optimum nutrition protein. Sams also has a fairly inexpensive brand of premixed shakes that I use as well when I am in a bind

Your just make sure and let us know when you can replicate those Fitcrunch chocolate peanut butter bars... those are amazing. Like eating a candy bar.

How would you guys rate this protein mix from true nutrition?

NAME: Custom Protein - 6248668INGREDIENTS: Alfalfa Greens Protein Powder (5%), Complete Milk Dairy Isolate (10%), Grass-Fed Beef Protein Isolate (10%), Whole Egg Protein (10%), Micellar Casein (35%), Hemp Protein Powder (15%), Grass-Fed Hydrolyzed Beef Collagen (15%)

FLAVOR: Trueflavor Cookies N CreamBOOSTS: Supergreens Boost, ProbioticPACKAGING: Plastic Jug
  • 7LB+ DISCOUNT (-$8.05)

about 14 servings per lb
Serving SizeAbout 1 Scoop (34g)

Amount Per ServingCalories

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 1.5g
2%

Saturated Fat 0g
0%

Cholesterol 45mg
15%

Sodium 210mg
9%

Total Carbohydrate 6g
2%

Dietary Fiber 2g
6%

Total Sugars less than 1g

Includes 0g Added Sugars
0%

Protein 21g
Vitamin D 0mcg0%
  • Calcium 350mg25%

• Iron 2.0mg10%
  • Potassium 0mg0%

*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
I have learned my lesson, multiple times, that the above type of mix is a BAD IDEA. It's trying to be too many different things and will end up being NONE of them well.

Simple blends are better with 2 or 3 protein sources. Those alfalfa and hemp are low % wise but still enough to stink up the blend mix wise and taste/texture wise. I would NOT buy that personally.

Your just make sure and let us know when you can replicate those Fitcrunch chocolate peanut butter bars... those are amazing. Like eating a candy bar.
Haha. Deal :D

I never understood why people drew such a hard line between protein powder and "whole" or solid food. I can think of many comparisons where a whey protein would beat out a "solid food," not just due to the amino ratios but the other nutrients and bodily mechanisms it supports. Even processing can sometimes improve a food protein, like cooking eggs vs eating them raw. Even some other foods, like vegetables or fruits, can sometimes become more nutritious and more digestible after processed, heated, put into cans, whatever.

Whey = food. It's not just a source of aminos but can affect immunity, helping increase antioxidant enzymes, protect organs, increase protein synthesis more acutely compared to some solids, and a bunch of other stuff.

Some do have an allergy, not just to lactose, but to specific whey fractions.

I'm partial to the more unprocessed source of whey, milk! Lol, mostly because I love the taste. I think milk is like 70% casein and 30% whey?

Fit Crunch is very good, don’t like the sugar alcohol but good kinda like Detour bars

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131