over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein powder mixed with water

ChefTren

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
For the first time in my life, I mixed my protein powder with water today. I used myprotein salted caramel.

It wasn’t too bad! After I first mixed it, it was pretty foamy then it started to seperate. My main reason for doing this is I’m trying to figure out if milk is upsetting my stomach. IMG_8262.jpeg IMG_8264.jpeg

Cashew milk is a great option too if milk is messing you up. It makes it a lot creamier for very very few extra calories and is not dairy. Also, if you desire to make your shakes thicker like a milkshake consistency. You can use diet cream soda, and a bit of xanathan gum. You won't taste the cream soda flavor in the protein, and the xan gum will activate with the carbonation and it will make that shit like a Mcd's thrice thick

If ya wanna add more flavor toss in some frozen bananas & strawberries. Blend em up with your powder. Makes the shake have a thicker texture, but it improves the flavor. Walmart sells em in 3lb bags or buy em separately and bag/freeze em yourself.

I personally like using chocolate (Dymatize Iso100) w/ skim milk along with the bananas & strawberries. Super high in protein, filling for a brief while, and low carbs/fats.

If milk is causing it you may wanna look into those milk substitutes. Just food for thought.

Cage

Fruit and even vegetables work very well in a blended shake.

Bananas and berries are great, I've also done spinach, avocado and cucumbers. Not all at once but if I'm having a large post workout shake I like to sneak a little extra nutrition in there too.

I make my protein shakes with KEFIR sometimes, fermented WHOLE milk, RAW Is what I need to locate and source, it is difficult around here, but a few very smart bros on here use RAW MILK, raw milk has LACTOSE ENZYME built in! PASTEURIZED MILK is an American thing and we wonder why so many of us are lactose intolerant, because the digestive enzyme naturally present in RAW MILK is bastardized and raped out during the process of heating to a certain degree (pasteurization)

Another reason I just stick with Synthepure...It's lactose and gluten free and mixes easy with anything. Flavorless so you can even cook with it...Guys like BigChef and IronFist use to post some really good recipes!

My main reason for doing this is I’m trying to figure out if milk is upsetting my stomach.
For a two-scoop shake I use 8 oz of water and 4 oz of unsweetened almond milk. Cashew milk works well too as mentioned by Jumpmaster. Just that little bit of almond milk is enough to make the texture better than water alone. I haven't used cow milk in a shake in well over 10 years.

I remember about 16 years ago I was mixing Optimum's Pro Complex with milk. I was 22 years old and weighed a fat-jacked 235 at the time and was eating everything in site. The eight protein sources plus the milk just made me a gas factory. I remember working an afternoon shift at the job I had at the time and had to keep going to the bathroom to rip shotgun farts that were not dry.

For a two-scoop shake I use 8 oz of water and 4 oz of unsweetened almond milk. Cashew milk works well too as mentioned by Jumpmaster. Just that little bit of almond milk is enough to make the texture better than water alone. I haven't used cow milk in a shake in well over 10 years.

I remember about 16 years ago I was mixing Optimum's Pro Complex with milk. I was 22 years old and weighed a fat-jacked 235 at the time and was eating everything in site. The eight protein sources plus the milk just made me a gas factory. I remember working an afternoon shift at the job I had at the time and had to keep going to the bathroom to rip shotgun farts that were not dry.
those kinds of farts help you of the hole on squats though

I just dry scoop it and chug water after. Sometimes i choke and cough powder all over my dashboard and steering wheel. I guess i should buy a shaker cup. I usually just drink water out of an old 1/2 gallon milk jug. Pre workout scoops go down the hole, but whey scoops don't. The struggles.

I only mix my protein with water.
What’s weird is I can drink milk with no issues and protein with water with no issues but if I mix them it bloats me and makes me nauseous.

I only ever mix with water. Use a big 40 ounce shaker. Fill with water before putting powder to avoid clumping.

I mix one and a half scoops hydrolyzed whey with one and a half scoops of a whey/casein blend. It's very easy on the stomach because of the hydrolyzed portion and it gives me plenty of fast aminos and slow digesting ones too.

My current mix is peanut butter chocolate (dymatyze hydro) and chocolate fudge (muscle tech 8 hour)... Tastes like a butter finger bar... And it's virtually fat free and carb free...

Cashew milk is a great option too if milk is messing you up. It makes it a lot creamier for very very few extra calories and is not dairy. Also, if you desire to make your shakes thicker like a milkshake consistency. You can use diet cream soda, and a bit of xanathan gum. You won't taste the cream soda flavor in the protein, and the xan gum will activate with the carbonation and it will make that shit like a Mcd's thrice thick
I use the xanthan gum too and add ice, some egg whites, protein powder, a couple packs of sweetener and a banana or peanut butter powder. It gets so thick the blender about stops.
Comes out a lot like soft serve ice cream and is actually pretty filling. You can use the liquid extracts for different flavors too, peppermint is pretty damn good.

Water is all i used for a few decades. Works well enough as a media for mixing. Only takes me maybe 10-20 seconds to chug a quart down.

Man I throw ice, frozen fruit, and it gives me a.thicker consistency. I've also thrown a.bag of.broccoli in at times. Which takes.forever to.blend and.tastes like.shit but id rather do that then sit down and eat it sometimes. I know there are a.gang of chew your food peeps on here.but sometimes I'm fucking exhausted. Though I am not one to care if its good, bad, thick, thin like whatever lets just get.this.over with. Food is fuel and not therapy. I know.some people really get into it and that's cool whatever works.for.you!

Im gonna be real, I didn’t even know people were mixing their protein with milk or whatever the hell people are talking about here.

Adding milk is for casuals 😂
haha I thought exactly the same - me and everyone I know have only used water for as long as I can remember

milk is for children as Arnold said lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity